• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATTACK ON TITAN (PS4/PS3/PSV) - New Offscreen gameplay (3D Maneuver gear)

Insolitus

Banned
That can't be normal. Isn't it the equivalent of someone saying "yeah" after every 5 words spoken to them?

That would be pretty annoying as well.

Being polite is very important in japan, saying yes every few moments is basically to show you're paying attention to what the other person is saying.

wapplew

I hope they mix things up a bit, or else it will get repetitive quick.
Not much environment variety in the comic.

That can't be normal. Isn't it the equivalent of someone saying "yeah" after every 5 words spoken to them?

It seems like a pretty common convention in other languages. Speak to Greek friends/family, and I get an earful of "ναί" (yes). Same kind of thing.

OT: This looks legit. I'm amazed.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

That is a cultural difference. Don't automatically assume what works in the western hemisphere works the same way in Japan.

Miracle

Looks surprisingly good but is it true about no destructible buildings? In that case, what are the Titans doing there then? Just walk around all willy nilly?

poodaddy

Looks vastly better than I was expecting. I've been craving a game with fun movement since Sunset Overdrive and this looks to deliver.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Screens look good to me, it runs pretty decently too. fact is that the 3D gear movement isn't that simple to be reproduce in a videogame, in terms of satisfying actions to be done by the player (and I thnk that looking at this video, it's pretty obvious that the bad 3ds game was somehow trying its best, imho). I'd be ok with what we saw, especially if there will be also other "gameplay parts" following the exploration and the narrative of those landscape, trying to reproduce also the tension the anime communicates.

When choosing someone to demonstrate a game, why not pick someone who's actually good at it? It could have looked ten times better than in this offscreen gameplay footage. Game looks surprisingly better than I was expecting it to be though.

Zhuge, if you can describe how the game flows how would you describe it? That... doesn't make sense. My question would be, what's the genre?

I know its not a musou game. Would you say it would sort of be arena-ish stages and you'd get cutscenes/dialogue scenes in-between (sort of like the Warriors games)? Or do you not know much about this yet?

Lain

Some of the playable characters according to Koei's Facebook

12004847_101535243627sgonn.jpg

Mikasa is playable, good, good. All I care about. Trailer looked pretty great.

It looks glorious. High quality video, pretty please KT?

I don't get the physics of how he can just change direction left and right direction like that...
Loosen up the cable on one side, pull the other.
If you mean when he is locked to a Titan, there is a gas that is decompressed on the opposite side he is rotating to that generates rotation. You can see on the video.
Or anime physics.

Looks good! Seems to move fluidly, gore is there, the "feel" is there. Hoping there is destruction in the final version as well as more variety in Titan types. In that demo, they nearly all looked the same except for one or two.

Hyped!

Koobion

This actually looks pretty fun. The traversal seems like it'll have a cool sense of speed, even though the physics are sort've weird. Can I play the girl with the abs?

Slaythe

This can only shine with Online.

Let people play titans, heroes, team up.

Different game modes.

And it can be a phenomenon. (especially with twitch)

Let it be a shitty single player that gets repetitive after one hour and it's an absolute waste.

Anung

Un Rama
The environment looks a bit dull and lifeless but damn if they didn't get the movement and combat totally right.

Really excited for this!

ultron87

It looks like they might've actually pulled it off! It isn't the fully wire physics based thing that would be the ideal, but I wasn't really expecting that since it would be impossible to control.

Levi needs to be in so I can use helicopter attack cheat codes.

Usobuko

Banned
Characters should take dmg if they land on the group from like more than 10 metres high and also when they bump into the walls at full speed.

Fans of this anime is willing to go that far to master the manoeuvring gameplay system.

Only watched the highlight video but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it'd be. The gameplay mechanics remind me of an old Spiderman game.

Top Bottom