• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, my wifes first day back teaching since before the little guy was born (which must be getting close to 13-14months?). Bit nerve racking for me even!

The extra money coming in is going to be useful I can say that much!

I bet she's glad to be getting back into the swing of things. What are you going to do with your son while she's at work?

so can anyone explain why a smoke detector with a fresh battery (installed a fortnight ago) would suddenly start going off at 4:30 am for 5 seconds then stopping. Then going on again at irregular intervals. I walked around the house with torch- inside and outside (trying to see if the torchlight would show this mysterious smoke). Checked the crawlspace- nothing. The first detector would also set off the other one but then they'd both stop after 5 seconds. This went on for an hour until i ripped the battery out of the first detector. I believe some of the other houses in the street may have also had there's go off but I'm not sure whether it was set off by mine (I'm guessing they also set each other off like landmines)

any ideas?

Smoke detectors are hella dodgy. We used to have one that went off for no reason as well. Sometimes it happens if the batteries are slightly off. If it was all the ones in the street though? I have no idea. Gas?

Stark:
That man's playing Galaga!

It's Joss Whedon-
i'm only surprised there's really only three female characters in the whole thing and only one of them does anything.

so can anyone explain why a smoke detector with a fresh battery (installed a fortnight ago) would suddenly start going off at 4:30 am for 5 seconds then stopping. Then going on again at irregular intervals. I walked around the house with torch- inside and outside (trying to see if the torchlight would show this mysterious smoke). Checked the crawlspace- nothing. The first detector would also set off the other one but then they'd both stop after 5 seconds. This went on for an hour until i ripped the battery out of the first detector. I believe some of the other houses in the street may have also had there's go off but I'm not sure whether it was set off by mine (I'm guessing they also set each other off like landmines)

any ideas?

Who was the third character? I can only think of Maria Hill and Black Widow. Hill was fairly cool, hopefully will be able to do more arse kickery next time.

I have no knowledge of smoke detectors but could it be a a fault with the detector seeing it has a new battery? Maybe try a different battery anyway? That can't hurt I guess.

Who was the third character? I can only think of Maria Hill and Black Widow. Hill was fairly cool, hopefully will be able to do more arse kickery next time.

I have no knowledge of smoke detectors but could it be a a fault with the detector seeing it has a new battery? Maybe try a different battery anyway? That can't hurt I guess.

Pepper Potts was in it only slightly less than Maria Hill. But more than Natalie Portman's photo.

googling suggests vacuuming the detector. if that fails replace.

senahorse

Awesome cookie, I wonder which story line they will stick to.

Also, today is the last chance to get Binary Domain from GMG for $32 if anyone is interested.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Awesome cookie, I wonder which story line they will stick to.

Also, today is the last chance to get Binary Domain from GMG for $32 if anyone is interested.

Did you watch last weeks? I think they sorta want to follow along with that.

Which would be sexellent.

This handsome chap is onto something!

EVERY BODY LOOK!
F25t1.png

ITS A BARGAIN!

BINARY DOMAIN ON PERSONAL COMPUTER
Special low low price of $31.99! That is only thirty nine, ninety nine!

binary-domain1-580x3687jij.png

Parting with your money gives you a sexy looking Steam key for your favourite digital delivery content system AND means that all your friends can see you playing the rising hit of the year!

binary_domain_pt_01_thumb.jpg

Save your home village from robots from the future out of control! Won't someone please think of the childrenbabies?!

babieso9k78.jpg

Share tender moments with comrades. With big guns that don't even hurt your arms because you do like a thousand crunches a day!

binary-domain-2011060t5jb4.jpg

You like robots? You like explosions? You like diversity in the work place? Don't worry! No rangas here!

binary-domain-xbox-3nlkn8.jpeg

Look! WeI a simple video game fan person will even show you an EXACT screenshot of what you will be playing without ANY fan-dangling in that Photoshop program people talk about but I have no idea about! And this is a QUIET moment!

binary-domain_78767_byqjlj.jpg

Did I mention PRE-ORDER BONUS STUFF!!! *YAY!* Buy before the weekend is out and you get all this! FORE FREE!! Save dozens of dollars and time spent pondering if you should buy the DLC as you get it for FREEEEEEEEEEEE! WeThey are practically giving this game away!

r_x6y2bh_original4pjp3.jpg

Act NOW! The critics are raving about this masterpiece! And with good reason!

ravereviewsvsj7e.png

Machinima said:
"If you enjoy action games with quirk and charm, I can't recommend Binary Domain enough. It has all the hallmarks of an unpolished gem - except it's actually polished."
GamingXP said:
"This is an amazing shooter with a great and enthralling story and" "graphics."
Zaphrozz said:
The fact that this game takes all the good things from other great third-person-shooters and combines it makes this game an awesome action game for every fan of the genre.
Steve Perry said:
It is every gamers wet dream! If you like Mario or Halo or Call of Duty or Battlefield or Madden or Skyrim or Forza you will this! Don't stop believing! In this game!

To sum up this piece of entertainment product I went straight to the source.
op4tL.gif

This child lost his mind the moment Binary Domain started up. It was a moment of pure joy.

I think you deserve to experience joy as well.

midonnay

Speaking outside court, Telstra spokesman Craig Middleton said the judgment was a great result, not only for Telstra and the two codes, but for players and fans everywhere.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/t...ourt-battle-20120427-1xoth.html#ixzz1tC6XauyU

how the FUCK is that a good result for fans? SERIOUSLY. Corporates have rocks in head.

teams like Western bulldogs, Melbourne and North Melbourne are only alive because of a bumber broadcasting deal...... so I guess those fans would be happy :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
That's pretty nice of FOX to give Fringe a sendoff season. Now I just need to get past the first season.

The first season starts of slow. It's just mostly a monster of the week type thing. Then it starts to get super fucking good with an overarching story later on in the season. If you don't like what you have watched after all of the first season then there's little reason to continue.

An Indie bundle approaches! From those indie purveyors of retail products Gamestop! Who miss the point and price it at $12 and only offer 500 bundles! Although it does have a great range of games and the price is good for what you get. More of a clearance than a sale though. Does include;
Gray Matter
Helldorado
Edna and Harvey – The Breakout
Cargo! The Quest For Gravity
Really Big Sky
And Yet It Moves
Gratuitous Space Battles
SickBrick

Bundle in a Box will be $4 minimum with;
Gemini Rue
Ben There Dan That
Time Please, Gentlemen!
1983: A World's Fair Mystery
Lands of Dream

Kritz

Banned
If I buy one of those things on launch day like I did with the 3DS I might have to seriously reevaluate my consumerism.

... By buying something else.

Deeku

Super tall women are probably the most intimidating thing ever! EVER!

I'm 175, that's probably part of the problem lol

Learned my lesson from buying the Wii at launch, and I was actually hyped for that console. Not confident in Nintendo's abilities to launch the Wii U well. Maybe I'll pick it up 18-24 months after release.

My predictions:
Wii U Australia for $400 - $500 and 6th or 13th of December if 2012 at all.
Wii was December 7th 2006, so a 6th release sounds about right to me. Wikipedia says US was the first territory, on November 19th 2006, so we'll have that to compare to this year's announcement too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom