• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome games with bad boxart.

Moonkid

Nier's cover is fine IMO. Father Nier is a hideous dude, but there's no fixing that aside from a paper bag over the face.
I think it makes him more relatable/humanized as a character. I play plenty of JRPGs and I've had my fill of bishonen protagonists.
The game itself is Best of the Generation for me.
Sure he's an ugly dude, but the framing or whatever artists call it is uninspired. We have the protagonist from the waist-up with side-characters floating beside him and bad-guys in the background, it doesn't really give us a sense of what the game is going to be about aside from 'this is an action game.' They could have shown the father with Yonah which establishes the driving force behind the game without even having to look at the blurb. Or even better, juxtapose his rugged ugliness with her childish innocence. Ugh, I need to stop talking about this game and just play it lol.

I'm not sure why some people like it but i thought the alternative cover was just as bad as the original....Well maybe not as bad but its still pretty awful.

cover_close-upDESIGN04.jpg

it's not really great at all, I agree. one can tell that every line was drawn digitally. nice concept, fan art execution.

I'm not sure why some people like it but i thought the alternative cover was just as bad as the original....Well maybe not as bad but its still pretty awful.

BioshockInfiniteAltRedBoxart.jpg

I wouldn't say this is awful. This and Elizabeth with the songbird were the best out of the alternate boxarts that were being voted on.

If by "bland" you mean "awesome", sure.

My pick:

system_shock_pc_box_art.png

It's pretty bad from an aesthetic point of view, but what really sets it apart is that SHODAN's appearance is supposed to be a late-game plot twist. Uh, spoiler alert. This isn't even getting into the [transmission interrupted] on the back.

Systemshock2box.jpg

Wasn't she always on the cover?

AniHawk

the most famous hedgehog in the world

don't sit there and waste your precious time. when you want to do something, do it right away. do it when you can. it's the only way to live a life without regrets.

XV113WW.png

sonic races through the green fields. the sun races through a blue sky filled with white clouds. the ways of his heart are much like the sun. sonic runs and rests; the sun rises and sets. don't give up on the sun. don't make the sun laugh at you.

Top Bottom