• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bates Motel Season 3 |OT| Til Death (Mondays 9/8pm Central)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

I don't think Norman is handling this well...

ROMERO!! WHAT YOU DOING BOO???

I hope this teacher/therapist isn't going to get killed for associating with Norma. :(

Norman not handling this well at allllllllllll!!!! Norma(n) is hilarious lol. "~Go wake up your brother, silly~"

Vera Farminga killing this episode.

This season started off a bit slowly, but it's become very good quickly. Only four episodes left, though? Wow, that was fast.

Emma continues to be a knockout, too.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Currently catching up, the WiFi password for the Bates Motel being "MOTHER" killed me. Haha

someday

Banned
Ok, I just watched the latest episode and I'm confused. When Norman/Norma was in the kitchen, then the very next scene he's asleep in bed...Did the kitchen thing actually happen? It seemed so abrupt that he would be in bed right after sending the brother up to wake Norman, and Emma seemed normal about the whole thing.

Otherwise, I am loving this season. I'm not sure what the sex club is all about or how relevant but it's still interesting enough where I don't feel bothered by it.

Leeness

I think (hope?) that hipster teacher has seen enough to stay away now.

However, Dylan wants to fix Norman and Romero flirting with Norma--neither are long for this world :(

Romero crushing on Norma hard. Please let them be together for like ten minutes and happy for like ten minutes before you kill Romero :(((((( it's all I want in life.

Also, that ending scene. NORMAN, NO. BAD TOUCH.

Whoa, I just found out that therapist is Josh from The Blair Witch Project.

"Tell me where you are, Josh!"

"...I'm on Bates Motel."

I9FdeyI.png

Leeness

Norman going (further) off the deep end.

Thought he was going to push Emma... Except that Emma admitting she likes Dylan to Norman means they will both be dead soon.

Teacher/therapist/one-time lover getting the fuck out of dodge.

And most importantly...MY SHIP. Norma please don't lie to Alex ;_; Just get together plz. And Norma, that cheek kiss was super awkward for him.

My DVR stopped taping right near the end as
Norman started to leave after/as he started hallucinating
. Will have to catch the rest when I can use Hulu on my PC.

harSon

Banned
I guess Nicola Peltz's movie career didn't go anywhere.

Looking at IMDB, she's starring in a movie called "Low Riders" about the low-riding culture in Southern California's Latino communities. Really Hollywood? Her name is Lorelei?! Fuck out of here LOL.

I guess Nicola Peltz's movie career didn't go anywhere.

Looking at IMDB, she's starring in a movie called "Low Riders" about the low-riding culture in Southern California's Latino communities. Really Hollywood? Her name is Lorelei?! Fuck out of here LOL.

She's 20 years old. Give her a chance...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Just saw the latest episode. I think this season has been pretty good so far. It's getting a lot more uncomfortably creepy though, but then again that's where it's pretty much supposed to go. I wonder how the show itself is doing ratings wise though? Regardless, I've enjoyed watching it, and I've always thought it's done a pretty good job (as good as I can imagine, really) of being a prequel TV series to Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Freddie Highmore really sells that aspect of it.

scitek

I thought season 2 was pretty subpar until the fantastic ending, but season 3's gone from alright to fantastic in the past 3 or 4 episodes. It's sad because the cast is really talented, but has only recently had the material to show it. Aside from Norma, anyway, who's always been a great character. Freddie Highmore is doing a great job with Norman's slipping out of reality, too.

Just saw the latest episode. I think this season has been pretty good so far. It's getting a lot more uncomfortably creepy though, but then again that's where it's pretty much supposed to go. I wonder how the show itself is doing ratings wise though? Regardless, I've enjoyed watching it, and I've always thought it's done a pretty good job (as good as I can imagine, really) of being a prequel TV series to Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. Freddie Highmore really sells that aspect of it.

The problem has always been filling out an hour-long show each week with the other stuff. The stuff with Dylan, etc. that has no direct impact on Norman has been terribad at times, and it really drags things down. The material with Norman and his mother hasn't always been great, but their relationship needed to be fully fleshed out or it would feel cheap when the inevitable happens. Dylan talking with Norma about how to deal with Norman in addition to practically stealing his girlfriend is great because it finally gives Dylan a meaningful role in the show. He's set up to be part of the straw that breaks the camel's back, as it were.

Leeness

Bradley really pushing for that murder.

Y'all, I want Norma and Romero to get together so bad. :( My heart almost broke when they didn't have angry passionate make out sessions tonight. I ship them so much. :(

I'm going to need Dylan and Emma to get the hell out of there while they can.

The season has really picked up in the last half or so. Hopefully ratings are good enough to get a renewal.

Ratings are slightly down from season 2 but apparently, season 2 was down a lot from season 1. So, it's on a downward trend, unfortunately. :(

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/bates-motel-season-three-ratings-35952/

I really hope it gets renewed for season 4. I read that they planned on making Bates a five season show and ending it there. But at this point, let's just hope it gets to season 4.

I think I'm out after this season. It's just too squirrely and all over the map now. When it started I enjoyed it because it was all about Norman and his struggles at home and in school and his direct relationships. And I thought Freddie's performance echoed Anthony Perkins pretty well. Now it's all this stupid nonsense about a corrupt drug town, Dylan as some low rent mobster wannabe, and these silly new "villians of the season." It reeks of daytime soap opera quality in writing and, at times, acting.

I think I'm out after this season. It's just too squirrely and all over the map now. When it started I enjoyed it because it was all about Norman and his struggles at home and in school and his direct relationships. And I thought Freddie's performance echoed Anthony Perkins pretty well. Now it's all this stupid nonsense about a corrupt drug town, Dylan as some low rent mobster wannabe, and these silly new "villians of the season." It reeks of daytime soap opera quality in writing and, at times, acting.

I had a feeling early on things were gonna get tough to stick with for me, and it looks like that's starting to happen. I really don't give a shit about Dylan, or the actor portraying him.

Leeness

I'm just glad his father/uncle is gone. That guy drove me nuts.

Same. I just was really annoyed with them trying to humanize him. Like...no. I have zero sympathy for him.

Anyway, good finale. I had to pause during the last five minutes because I thought Norman was going to kill Dylan in the basement. ;_; Dylan's stories are pretty bad, yet I really like him.

That ending hahahaha. The credits music.

Good night sweet Bradley gurl

JTripper

It felt like the finale was 25% Norma/Norman and 75% everything else. What a waste of a finale. It's like they've written themselves into a corner with all these uninteresting plot threads. I don't mind Emma, Dylan, and Romero as characters, but when they start having their own plot lines that aren't really directly involved with Norman or Norma, they're pretty uninteresting.

The show has proven, at least to me, that the only thing it really gets right most of the time (which thankfully is the most important thing it needs to do) is make Norman and Norma's stories and relationships engaging.

That was one of the most underwhelming finales I've ever seen.

I felt like they were building up so much through the last half of the season but it resulted in a whole lot of nothing pretty much.

I am glad Dylan wasn't killed in the basement like I was expecting, however.

chaos789

Banned
So I assume the end will be Norma marrying Romero and Normn killing them both but then digging up his mothers dead body and putting it in the rocking chair and talking to it when he I mean she kills people.

KingKong

wow that was the finale?

hey guys I know you want to have a big compelling world and characters and everything but literally everyone thats not Vera Farmiga or Freddie Highmore can't act worth shit and has deeply uninteresting storylines so stop giving them so much screentime

It feels like a show, a story, that could have been told in 2 seasons, if not one. It's constantly sidetracking itself, focusing just as much on the subplots as it does the core of it's inception, if not more. That's a problem for me, It feels like too much padding, and it's having the side effect of messing with my interest in the Norma/Norman relationship, or maybe it's actually not and that aspect of the show has just become less interesting the more conflicted they become with each other.

Edit: Watching the finale right now and I'm not bored, so that's a step up from most of this season,

harSon

Banned
There's definitely a lot of wiggle room for some interesting story lines. They can still have Norman murder Norma, and have an interesting look at his stay within a mental hospital - while still keeping Vera as a prominent character via Norman's split personality.

Just finished the season. They really made Norman go off the deep end this season. He was still mostly normal in season 1 and 2, but they went full on psycho with him this year. Any word on a renewal yet?

Glad to see it got renewed. It's not the best show, but I find enjoyment from it in a dumb pulpy kinda way. Although I think my favorite parts were from around the start with him at school and him finding the strange hentai manga in the forest cabin. Looking forward to next season for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom