• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Impulsor

Whoa whoa whoa-

Was it known at all before release that Iron Galaxy was doing the port? I would have never bought it if that was known. Full stop.

It also means most likely that this will never be fixed. Iron Galaxy is almost as incompetent as you can get. The only worse company you could possibly find is High Voltage.

Why does Warner continuously employ these awful developers to do their ports when these people have done nothing but demonstrate over and over that they are completely incapable of doing the job?

Iron galaxy made the PC port? Yeah, Im picking up my ps4 preorder.

10406694_1003115196379787_1418439883813680949_n.jpg

how will the game run for me do you guys think?

Phionoxx

Well, 5 hours in with no issues. Hope the game gets patched shortly so everyone can dive in and play. As others have mentioned the DX11 launch of AC was even worse. Have not touched the .ini file settings at all. Also using RivaTuner to enforce a 30 FPS cap there as well.

2500K @ 4.5Ghz
780 GTX SC (3 GB)
16GB RAM
Win 7.1
Latest Nvidia drivers

All main settings maxed @ 1080P, running in full screen mode, and all gameworks options disabled except for enhanced rain. Using in game VSYNC as well.

Only thing I am still working on is figuring out why I can't seem to get the game to output sound in 5.1 - it's only sending 2.1 as best as I can tell. Might just be a setting on my end I need to fix somewhere.

meanspartan

Can I get a refund if I bought through GMG's sale, or am I SoL?

If I can't, then I call bullshit on that 40% off sale. Someone fucking knew and wanted to get as many people as possible to not be able to get refunds.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Well, 5 hours in with no issues. Hope the game gets patched shortly so everyone can dive in and play. As others have mentioned the DX11 launch of AC was even worse. Have not touched the .ini file settings at all. Also using RivaTuner to enforce a 30 FPS cap there as well.

2500K @ 4.5Ghz
780 GTX SC (3 GB)
16GB RAM
Win 7.1
Latest Nvidia drivers

All main settings maxed @ 1080P, running in full screen mode, and all gameworks options disabled except for enhanced rain. Using in game VSYNC as well.

Only thing I am still working on is figuring out why I can't seem to get the game to output sound in 5.1 - it's only sending 2.1 as best as I can tell. Might just be a setting on my end I need to fix somewhere.
Well I sure hope you'd get less stuttering while playing at 30fps.

GHG

If I can't, then I call bullshit on that 40% off sale. Someone fucking knew and wanted to get as many people as possible to not be able to get refunds.

I'm as pissed off about this as anyone but come on now...

And no, no refunds through GMG. I bought the premium edition as well...

FUCK

Corpekata

Banned
DS4Windows players I'd suggest binding = to a touchpad button, that's the "remote batmobile" button and you end up needing to switch a lot during some sections of the game and it's a lot less of a hassle than bringing up the quick menu all the time.

Omega

Banned
some people seem to be getting lucky, or maybe I'm just unlucky.

970, 4790k, 16gb ram. I got so desperate I put the game back on 30fps lock and it's still not that great performance wise.

Or GMG does sales like this all the time and its nothing out of the ordinary?

Ive put 2 hours in on a 770 and i5 2500k with everything at max and its been fine for me. Benchmark showed anywhere from 25-65 fps, in game havent had an issue yet

JambiBum

I want to play more of it, but I'm like ten minutes away from the 2 hour mark in case I decide to get a refund. My performance isn't terrible but the stuttering that happens from time to time drives me insane. Plus I really just don't like the batmobile segments but that isn't a performance issue and just a personal preference.

sgs2008

I play this game with 980 in SLI at 1440p. Lowest FPS= 60 Average: 75
With gameworks on, except rain. But something looks off, low textures or something. It doesnt look very good, especially in cutscenes.

is that from the benchmark or actually palying. Cause I have titan x sli and i didnt have anything near those frames. What driver ?

Tizoc

Whoa whoa whoa-

Was it known at all before release that Iron Galaxy was doing the port? I would have never bought it if that was known. Full stop.

It also means most likely that this will never be fixed. Iron Galaxy is almost as incompetent as you can get. The only worse company you could possibly find is High Voltage.

Why does Warner continuously employ these awful developers to do their ports when these people have done nothing but demonstrate over and over that they are completely incapable of doing the job?

Aren't Iron Galaxy the ones working on Killer Instinct?

jacobeid

Banned
I want to play more of it, but I'm like ten minutes away from the 2 hour mark in case I decide to get a refund. My performance isn't terrible but the stuttering that happens from time to time drives me insane. Plus I really just don't like the batmobile segments but that isn't a performance issue and just a personal preference.

Get a refund. Send a message.

Not like you can't repurchase later at a cheaper price.

danm999

Hmm lots of this isn't inspiring confidence in me. Might strike Wolfenstein off the backlog and wait a week or two and see where we are before I pick this one up for PC.

-MD-

I hope everyone that bought this on steam gets a refund. Shitty ports like this aren't acceptable in 2015.

Ive put 2 hours in on a 770 and i5 2500k with everything at max and its been fine for me. Benchmark showed anywhere from 25-65 fps, in game havent had an issue yet

Is your 770 2GB? I have a 2GB 770 and I'm so worried that once mine is done unpacking that it's going to run like ass after reading through this thread. :(

Evo X

I'm very sorry if this has already been answered, but are normal textures their "Ultra" textures? I can't go higher than normal.

Yeah, that's the highest available right now.

Don't know if that's a mistake or intentional.

It's running mostly fine on my setup, but think I might wait a week or two to see if they release any patches. Got plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

There is a good game underneath the mountain of bullshit, so let's hope.

Serandur

Well, this is disgusting.

i7-3770K
GTX 980 Ti G1
8 GBs DDR3

Everything at stock clock speeds, updated to the latest drivers (353.3), game keeps crashing on me, Windows tells me to close it otherwise I might lose data because I'm low on memory (task manager only shows me filling up about 6 GBs out of 8), and I get this long string of errors (file not found type) when it inevitably crashes

This is after I removed the 30 FPS cap and happens every time. It crashed before I made any .ini changes as well in the opening gameplay scene. "Normal" textures is the max setting, there are no AA options, and this is trash.

SlickVic

Are you on a mobile GPU by any chance? There are folks on the Steam forum who are saying this is only affects us laptop users.

I believe someone there said you can force the game to Borderless Window via Geforce Experience or go into the Steam launch options for the game and add "-windowed".

Game decided to redownload itself after I tried validating the files for the issue so can't confirm for myself if these works, or what effect this has on performance.

Can confirm this works for mobile GPU users and anyone else that is unable to start the game in the default fullscreen setting. Geforce Experience, set game to borderless windows and 1080p, and it finally boots up properly.

Bossniak

Try what viveks did:
Yeah. I did so many things, including reinstalling drivers, that I'm not sure what specifically enabled it. One thing I did notice is that it will show up as disabled if PhysX is set to CPU in NVCP. They are exclusive to GPU PhysX. After I stopped using that, it shows up for both SLI enabled and SLI disabled.

I'm on windows 10 and tried this but still didn't work

Ok I've played for 2 hours now.

I was not monitoring framerates.

I kept the 30fps cap.

980ti + i5 4670, both stock clocks.

The game is definitely playable. Sometimes it's perfectly smooth (at least, as smooth as 30fps can be), other times it will seem to be suffering from microstuttering, or outright large framedrops. There was one point early on when the game basically paused for 1/4 of a second or something but that seems to have been isolated. I've noticed a few framedrops here and there, usually when you are gliding or driving the batmobile quickly.

I don't think this is AC Unity bad, or at least it feels better to me than that game did on my 970 at launch. But it's still bad. I suspect the 30fps cap is to reduce the subjective severity of the framedrops, going 30-25 instead of going 65-25. This game needs another couple of optimization passes on PC, for sure.

fugimax

Just FYI that things are running fine here. Locked 60fps on a 980.

No doubt there's lots of issues out there, but want to give those who are locked in a glimmer of hope..

KHlover

Banned
I hope everyone that bought this on steam gets a refund. Shitty ports like this aren't acceptable in 2015.

Well unless they decided to bear with this for more than two hours they will definitely get a refund and I think if they played a bit more Valve will look at the rating of the community and refund as well.

I'm more concerned about GMG customers tbh. From what I've heard their Customer Support is pretty good, but I don't think they have an automatic solution in place like steam has.

Is ejecting out from the Batmobile into a glide an ability that you need to acquire? Says its AA in the control map but that doesn't do anything.

JambiBum

Get a refund. Send a message.

Not like you can't repurchase later at a cheaper price.

I only paid 30 for it anyway thanks to some steam wallet money I had but I might wait to see if it gets patched before I request one. I kinda doubt that a patch is going to do much to actually fix the issues it has though.

I will say this, at the capped 30 fps this game feels amazingly smooth, the controls are very responsive. It's probably the smoothest feeling 30 fps game I've played recently, it's pretty clear the game is optimized heavily for this framerate.

So far no more crashes since the one while chatting with Commissioner Gordon, crossing my fingers.

Top Bottom