• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

Yaska

*sigh* Really would want to know wether or not this game has released. Library lists as coming soon, but webpage and store page list that it's out now.

MNC

Lol @ Europe having it released, but it technically isn't. Even my forced preload is fucked as it does nothing.

Bumhead

Banned
Anyone else in the UK got some strange goings on with this?

The store says it's "Now Available". I used the link that's going around just now to start pre-loading it, but it didn't appear to do anything.

It does however appear that it's downloading.. but.. it appears that it isn't. The game is still just listed as greyed out on my Steam list. There's no "Downloading" and a percentage in yellow like normal. The downloads section also says there's nothing happening, 0 Bytes download rate, 0 bytes peak download rate and 0 bytes total downloaded, but the "Downloaded" box IS going up and the timer keeps fluctuating - currently at 4 hours 31 minutes but keeps going up and down, as if it is downloading but the speeds are changing.

steamdownloadac.jpg

Err..?

Cigol

Yeah that's old news, leave it to download (don't interrupt it) and the pre-load will complete.

Then fanny around looking for a way to unlock and play it - because short of using VPN trickery there doesn't seem to be a way despite it saying it's available to play now in the store.

Mat C said:
Anyone else in the UK got some strange goings on with this?

The store says it's "Now Available". I used the link that's going around just now to start pre-loading it, but it didn't appear to do anything.

It does however appear that it's downloading.. but.. it appears that it isn't. The game is still just listed as greyed out on my Steam list. There's no "Downloading" and a percentage in yellow like normal. The downloads section also says there's nothing happening, 0 Bytes download rate, 0 bytes peak download rate and 0 bytes total downloaded, but the "Downloaded" box IS going up and the timer keeps fluctuating - currently at 4 hours 31 minutes but keeps going up and down, as if it is downloading but the speeds are changing.

steamdownloadac.jpg

Err..?

Had that 0kb/s thing when i preloaded the other day. Everyones in the same boat. Most likely a 6pm unlock.

Bumhead

Banned
Yeah that's old news, leave it to download (don't interrupt it) and the pre-load will complete.

Then fanny around looking for a way to unlock and play it - because short of using VPN trickery there doesn't seem to be a way despite it saying it's available to play now in the store.

Since I posted that it's actually stopped doing anything..

Weird but hopefully you guys are right about the 6PM unlock. If the store page has changed today they're obviously doing something with it so I guess patience is the key.

I sold the code to this game awhile ago whenI got it with my GPU. The guy I sold it to is now saying that it's saying something about entering a serial number or something. Anyone have any idea what that is?

The Stig

so the game is beautiful and plays like a dream.

double DRM is irritating but perhaps balanced by double achievements.

steam AND GFWL cheevos? never encountered that before

XOMTOR

Don't know the credibility of this but someone on another forum mentioned that the game ran fine under DX11 before updating G4WL. I haven't installed the game yet (don't feel like dealing with the aggravation) to know how the install process works so take this for what it is.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Securom, G4WL and Steam are not playing nice with eachother. How else could Rocksteady possibly have released this game thinking everything was working? Something went horribly wrong somewhere along the line.

Also, why is the game taking so long for it to launch for some of you? Is that the Securom protection or logging into G4WL?

I sold the code to this game awhile ago whenI got it with my GPU. The guy I sold it to is now saying that it's saying something about entering a serial number or something. Anyone have any idea what that is?

That code is for an nvidia site ( no idea which but google it). Nvidia then sends you the steam key after redemption.

GJS

If the person has redeemed it on Steam already then it is probably just the installer asking for the CD Key that steam lists for Arkham City when you right click it.

Anyone know what the exact drm policy on this game is? I installed it yesterday and it gave me a prompt saying that I had 4 activations left...

Wag

So is SLI support busted again? I am running the latest 11.11a hotfix with the recent 2cap and even the dx9 is version is getting a really slow result on the benchmark (with all the features maxed out except the PhysX turned off). I seem to avg ~11fps on the bench. With my setup the dx9 setup should run everything smoothly.

I have a 2600k@4.8GHz, Trifire 6950 unlocked, 16GB mem setup.

Derrick01

Banned
Guys is this normal? I don't want Batman occupying half the screen. Is there a way to increase FOV or change camera?

Yeah it was like that in AA too but only when you walk. When you sprint and crouch walk the camera goes to a more acceptable angle. I'm not sure of any FOV tweaks though.

On topic of the game itself, I know Rocksteady is interested in making single player mini campaigns for DLC and all I'll say is I hope they involve Catwoman. She's already fun as hell to play and I hope they add more abilities and gadgets through the DLC.

scitek

If I recall from reading about it, didn't Arkham Asylum feature 5 activations but automatically added one activation or so back per month, something like that?

I'd think it's most likely one of the two, yeah. I think the days of running out of activations and having to call and bitch for more are gone, thankfully.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I recall from reading about it, didn't Arkham Asylum feature 5 activations but automatically added one activation or so back per month, something like that?
I thought it just automatically gave you all 4 back at the end of the month. Anyways, the important thing is that I have never run into the activation cap and had to wait to install it.

Khal_B

Wow, now I can't even view the store page. I get:

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region."

Well, shit. Hope I'll be able to play it considering I purchased the damn thing. They really go out of their way to make things more complicated than they should be for PC gamers. Assholes.

Derrick01

Banned
So do the voices kinda clip and stutter during video/phone transmissions for anyone else? Like I'm listening to the Riddler and every sentence has at least one word that clips out.

Knowing the...quality...of the port here, I don't know whether it's intentional or not. It is slightly annoying either way though.

Sectus

So do the voices kinda clip and stutter during video/phone transmissions for anyone else? Like I'm listening to the Riddler and every sentence has at least one word that clips out.

Knowing the...quality...of the port here, I don't know whether it's intentional or not. It is slightly annoying either way though.

That's intentional.

Sober

Just the Riddler and maybe Zzass (since he is using payphones), probably just for effect. Doesn't really affect anyone else.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Download and sign-up for this: http://anonymitynetwork.com/
Log out of Steam and select US server on the VPN, log back in and unlock the files. Sign out and log out of the VPN, log back into Steam and launch the game from the folder (batman2/binaries/win32).

vg260

Does the DLC purchased directly from XBL Marketplace work with the Steam version or is does it depend on which version you bought, like SSFIV AE DLC?

Lime

Does the DLC purchased directly from XBL Marketplace work with the Steam version or is does it depend on which version you bought, like SSFIV AE DLC?

I saw a guy on the Steam forums saying he couldn't get it to work the Steam version. *sigh*

the ToggleFlyCam and ToggleHUD commands work. Simply edit the userinput inis in the C:\Users\*username*\Documents\WB Games\Batman Arkham City\BmGame\Config with the following command:

Code:
.Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="ToggleHUD", Control=False, Shift=False, Alt=False)

I use F12 as the key.

Have you actually tried the ToggleFlyCam one?

Guys is this normal? I don't want Batman occupying half the screen. Is there a way to increase FOV or change camera?

2011-11-23_00001-2.jpg

2011-11-23_00002-2.jpg

If you go into Documents/WB Games/Batman Arkham City/BmGame/Config and open bmengine there is a FOV setting (ctrl+F fov to find it). I don't actually know if it works as I haven't changed it, but you can try.

Sectus

Looks like steam has fixed their store page for Arkham City. It's now listed as to be released for Friday, instead of being all confused.

stuminus3

Anyone here playing Arkham City PC on a 5770? What settings are you running on?
Highest DX9 settings with 4xMSAA @ 1600x900 - my benchmark said (off the top of my head) minimum 31fps, maximum 60fps, average 55fps. This was with Vsync on because I am a lazy bugger and couldn't be bothered running it properly. In conclusion, it runs fine on a 5770 on DX9. Not nearly as good as Arkham Asylum, though.

I didn't bother with DX11 because it's clearly broken.

Ifrit

Anyone here playing Arkham City PC on a 5770? What settings are you running on?

Would like to know that as well... could try myself but looks like the release is set again for the 25th here.

Quoted because I want to know too

Anyone?

EDIT:

Highest DX9 settings with 4xMSAA @ 1600x900 - my benchmark said (off the top of my head) minimum 31fps, maximum 60fps, average 55fps. This was with Vsync on because I am a lazy bugger and couldn't be bothered running it properly. In conclusion, it runs fine on a 5770 on DX9. Not nearly as good as Arkham Asylum, though.

I didn't bother with DX11 because it's clearly broken.

Wow, I though it would run it better

So yeah, game is fucking great. Runs silky smooth 60FPS with like zero dips if I use DX9 and physx set to normal. Turning physx to high drops me down to 50FPS at times, not worth it to me. DX11 of course turns it into a shit salad. 560TI slis.

I really don't see that much of a difference with DX11 features cranked any way. I wouldn't wait for a patch if you can run the game great in DX9. Especially concidering it is Windows Live so they'll have to go through the certification process.

Bumhead

Banned
Looks like steam has fixed their store page for Arkham City. It's now listed as to be released for Friday, instead of being all confused.

FFFUUUUUUU..

I think im having an aneurysm.

Ah well, mine is still downloading. Hopefully it finishes and then im going to VPN that bitch..

So yeah, game is fucking great. Runs silky smooth 60FPS with like zero dips if I use DX9 and physx set to normal. Turning physx to high drops me down to 50FPS at times, not worth it to me. DX11 of course turns it into a shit salad. 560TI slis.

I really don't see that much of a difference with DX11 features cranked any way. I wouldn't wait for a patch if you can run the game great in DX9. Especially concidering it is Windows Live so they'll have to go through the certification process.

Turn off SLI and run one 560TI as a dedicated PhysX.

Jtrizzy

I changed the fov to 125.0000 or whatever, I'm not sure it did much honestly. Maybe I didn't do it right? I changed it in the Steam folder as well to 125

FOVAngle=125.000000

LevelViewFOVAngle=125.000000

BatmanAC2011-11-2316-55-27-71.jpg

Lime

Jtrizzy,

Did you remember to put it in both Userinput.ini and bminput.ini? If you want what I have, simply copy paste these lines and you can toggle between various FOV:

Code:
.Bindings=(Name="F12",Command="ToggleHUD", Control=False, Shift=False, Alt=False)
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree", Command="FOV 100")
.Bindings=(Name="Decimal", Command="FOV 90")
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo", Command="FOV 0")
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo", Command="FOV 125",Control=True)
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree", Command="FOV 105",Control=True)

Control=True means you have to use Ctrl + the assigned key (in my case ctrl + numpadtwo).

Jtrizzy

Jtrizzy,

Did you remember to put it in both Userinput.ini and bminput.ini? If you want what I have, simply copy paste these lines and you can toggle between various FOV:

Code:
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree", Command="FOV 100")
.Bindings=(Name="Decimal", Command="FOV 90")
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo", Command="FOV 0")
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadTwo", Command="FOV 125",Control=True)
.Bindings=(Name="NumPadThree", Command="FOV 105",Control=True)

Control=True means you have to use Ctrl + the assigned key (in my case ctrl + numpadtwo).

I only changed it in the bmengine file in my documents as well as in the steam folder...Am I doing it wrong? I have no experience editing ini files but would love get zoomed out some. Do I paste what you have in both files you mentioned? Am I supposed to be replacing something with this code or just adding it?

Top Bottom