• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City Screenshots [Teaser Post 535]

Melchiah

Hopefully there'll be more interesting villains, like Scarecrow & Croc in AA, as Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Hugo Strange (and the rumored Penguin) aren't really that interesting to me. I guess it depends on how they're carried out.

Ilúvatar

Melchiah said:
Hopefully there'll be more interesting villains, like Scarecrow & Croc in AA, as Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Hugo Strange (and the rumored Penguin) aren't really that interesting to me. I guess it depends on how they're carried out.

You mean that Calendar Man doesn't do it for you?

Squire

Banned
I never got around to playing AA and that's a real shame 'cause Batman is like my favorite super hero and has been since I was a little kid (I dressed as him for Halloween three years out of elementary school) and worse still, the affair began with the 90's cartoon which is relevant because the major credits on AA come from there (Paul Dini on story, Kevin Conroy as Batman, and Mark Hammil as the Joker). So, yeah. Don't know if I'll play Arkham City with all the games primed for this year, but I'd like too.

Ilúvatar

It seems like Arkham City is going to improve upon AA in pretty much every way, so you might as well just Wikipedia it for plot purposes and jump right into AC when it is released.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Harley's costume looks awful. By Arkham 3 she'll just be a blonde chick in a bikini with a clown nose.

Wonder if Deathstroke will ever show up in these games. Or Black Mask.

Pau

zoner said:
Harley's costume looks awful. By Arkham 3 she'll just be a blonde chick in a bikini with a clown nose.

Wonder if Deathstroke will ever show up in these games. Or Black Mask.

Pretty sure there was a direct reference to Black Mask (a poster that said Sionis or something) in one of the trailers. So there's a chance he's in.

jvalioli

Sn4ke_911 said:
lVtH5.png
Oh Leon Kennedy is in this game.

Luigi87

I wonder if this is going to have that same bad luck as the first game where
it seemed everytime Batman rescued someone then left them, they'd end up dead.

kaz2y5

Banned
@ Comedy Bomb: No, you're not alone (imagine the dance number by Olive!) I think it's a very good design for Cat's and more importantly, very sexy as well. When I saw her screen shot I was like "ohhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" LOL....

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Game looks fantastic but the music ruined the trailer. Who in the world chose that song?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
zoner said:

I'm in this boat as well. Seems like just an excuse to sex up the game. It's irritating.

vixlar

This game needs more Catman...

Ok.. no (u_u)

I wish Bane makes a comeback, but with the intelligence of "Fall of Dark Knight" I'm tired of seeing Bane as a dumb budybuilder.

And if Talia Al Ghul is gonna be in this game... i demand pictures of her... now!!!!!

And some respect to Robin, I don't want him to be around me saying "Holy Clowns" every 2 seconds, but at least put a Bio of him this time. For me, it was strange they didn't put his bios in the last game. Maybe they should pay license fees or something like that.

And if no Robin, they should include Red Hood as an enemy. I would be glad to kick Jason Todd's butt once and again.

Magnus

Arkham City gameplay on Spike/GTTV right now

Catwoman's a smart tie-in with the character's inclusion in the upcoming movie

jergrah

Looks great!

On another note, anyone else reading the comic book prequel that adds narrative from the end of the first game (a year later) and before the sequel starts? The first one was pretty good, issue 2 hits this Wednesday. There are also bonus comics that focus on the villains that is only available via digital copies.

dwebo

Catwoman fighting looks just like Batman fighting, mechanically anyway. Same auto-move to enemies, same alert animation before they attack.

Gliding looks crazy, though.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
This looks so great.
Catowman combat was awesome, and I love all this Just Cause Batman stuff.
Shame about the screen tearing.

Maddness

Two Face sounded like Richard Moll. holy shit if that's really him.

Edit: actually not so much now. Sounds more like Eckhart.

Mindlog

I am, The Batman.

That was one hell of a way to kick off the gameplay. Asylum's gameplay in a box the size of city is just... I am, The Batman.

Top Bottom