• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) - TRAILER - Driveable Batmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyman

Banned
Boring..nothing made me want to play that game. Big fan of the Rocksteady Batman games and opening the city up has a ton of cool possibilities for side missions, etc.

ironcreed

Banned
Yep, that's Batman alright. I'm just finding it hard to get excited for another Arkham game, but I'll wait until I see some gameplay.

Fantastic trailer, but it sadly confirms that the city will indeed be empty and the game will likely take place over one night yet again.

Ah well, maybe the next Batman game will move away from this template.

Newlove

Oh my...the CGI is insane. Especially when he puts on his cowl and walks towards the car. I'd say that was real if I didn't know any better.

Axiom

I like these games, I'm glad to see them continue.

Though while this may be Rocksteady's last go round, there's no way it's the last one. They already have another studio who made one after all.

Nice, but I liked the origins trailer better. (I'm a sucker for martial arts).

Playable harley, ehhh, ok. Hush, Red Hood, Owlman would have been nice surprises.

pakkit

Banned
It's an announce trailer. I'll hold on to any anticipation until I see gameplay.

Nice video but not a fan of using CG trailers to promote games. Excited to see real footage.

Me neither, but given the amount of polish needed to show gameplay trailers, it makes sense to withhold them until the game is much further along. Or else you get instances like Bio:Infinite where gameplay trailers are not indicative of the final project and that strikes me as even more disingenuous compared to CG trailers.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Forgot Joker is dead in this universe, which probably means these games are their own separate universe. Dammit, I still want a Rocksteady Justice League game.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Hey developers, it's okay to release gameplay footage. It's not a big deal. Honestly. Please. Just do it.

I'm totally stunned that we're already getting a multiplat next-gen exclusive. I would have thought publishers would want to milk the last-gen for longer. The only reasonable conclusion I can draw from this is that Rocksteady made something so spectacular that it couldn't have possibly run on last-gen hardware, at least not without looking like pure trash.

I think we're in for something special, folks.

Loxley

Unless you've been playing video games for less than a year, I will never understand why people even bother to complain about CGI trailers anymore. They're a staple of video game marketing and will be until the end of time, no matter how good real-time footage is. Just enjoy it for what it is, a trailer meant to build hype and hint at things to come in the actual game.

Well, no civilians. Scare Crow said to leave town so..... they do.

Anyway, very excited and it looks like they redesigned batman to my liking. A more slim version, and not that huge bulky one from the previous games.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Harley Queen looks a little weird to me, like something is missing but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.

The trailer is fine, though the Father monologue just remind me of Jor-el speech in the first Superman movie.

Felt like I was actually watching a Nolan flick.

Same as well.

In-game graphics are at the point where CGI trailers need to die. Trailer would have been exponentially better if rendered real time with in-game assets.

do you guys really want an open world game to be on first gen unreal 4 tech? You save your open world stuff for later down the line unless you want a broke ass game.

And lawd help me if this game has time trials in the batmobile to pad out content...

Anyhow hope it plays ok.

Real curious if ANY physx stuff will carry over to the console versions (it is a given pc version will have physx stuff right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom