• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 alpha screens leak (many don't have textures, broken geometry)

Jac_Solar

I swear no one ever reads my thread. :p

QOX8OsL.jpg

1200 items? Whoa. I wonder if this game will have more "equipment"/"item" slots, or if it'll keep the same system that was in BF3. A lot of customization would allow for a lot more diversity, but would be much harder to balance, obviously.

EVIL

This is the reason I dislike real alpha footage. This material is not meant to be seen by the public for various obvious reasons, demonstrated within this thread. This stuff is real alpha material (white boxed level, allot of place holders) and yet people find a way to take what they see and run with it. Give the game a fair chance on Monday when we will get multiplayer footage. Until then, please let this die. its super unfair.

woober

Water is still ugly as fuck. How is it that water in BF2 looks better than both 3 and 4?

QsKgrjGh.jpg
vs

screen004kd6.jpg

Yes I know alpha yada yada, but that's how water looked in BF3 too.

Battlefield 3 reference:

Lakitu

st5fu
This is the reason I dislike real alpha footage. This material is not meant to be seen by the public for various obvious reasons, demonstrated within this thread. This stuff is real alpha material (white boxed level, allot of place holders) and yet people find a way to take what they see and run with it. Give the game a fair chance on Monday when we will get multiplayer footage. Until then, please let this die. its super unfair.

I'm happy with everything (the battlepacks obviously withstanding). More weapons, customisation, more options for recon, more scopes and the map from what I can see. People call it small but it seems to me to be around the size of Kharg Island on consoles. Plus vertical combat on rooftops, more interiors and long distance sniping across the waterfront should make for some exciting combat. I'm really excited for tomorrow. Can't wait to finally see footage.

Vico

Water is still ugly as fuck. How is it that water in BF2 looks better than both 3 and 4?

Water seems to look great in singleplayer (I know, pc footage):

boat.gif

Water is still ugly as fuck. How is it that water in BF2 looks better than both 3 and 4

*Cut*

Battlefield 3 reference:

BF3_AEK-971_Right_Side.jpg

The water looked soo much better in BC1/2/1943. FB1/1.5 > I'm just not a fan of the way it looks in FB3.

I honestly don't want to deal with all this unlocking bullshit again...

Always have liked grinding for weapons/attachments/unlocks, in fact it pisses me off more when they end up selling all of the unlocked stuff online for a few dollars a month after launch. That will never end sadly...

It's fun. Makes you use weapons & do shit you normally wouldn't do. It was just a month ago I finally went for my EOD bot & Repair Tool kill assignments. Way easier than I thought & they were hilarious. Unlocked new weapons I think as well.

woober

Water seems to look great in singleplayer (I know, pc footage):

boat.gif

I agree it looks amazing in single player (it did as well on BF3 during the carrier section of single player), but it doesn't carry over at all in multi. Part of the problem with why water looks so bad in BF3 is because of the color grading they use. Kharg Island water is completely grey.

The water looked soo much better in BC1/2/1943. FB1/1.5 > I'm just not a fan of the way it looks in FB3.

Water has a distinct film look in the frostbite engine that makes it look off.

QsKgrjGh.jpg
vs

screen004kd6.jpg

Battlefield 3 reference:

are you serious? If you think the water will look like that you must be delusional. It has broken geometry and lots of effects missing from the footage. This is unfinished footage that wasnt mean to be seen. If I was DICE I would be furious over the guy who leaked it.

drexplora

DICE seems to be putting their first real effort to water in their Battlefield games.
Think they're actually going for real-time interactive water this time around, at least going by their presentation.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So, are Battlepacks known to be purchasable with real money? And if it does, I gather it will be like Mass Effect's MP where we can earn them even without shelling out a cent?

I'm cool with that unless people who throw tons of money at it get better everything. :(

For ME3, it didn't feel that way much since it was a co-op affair.

If it will be cosmetic stuff people will be able to "buy," then I'm fine with that. I honestly don't care if the rich bastard I'm playing against has a gold-colored camo or something.

JoshHood

DICE seems to be putting their first real effort to water in their Battlefield games.
Think they're actually going for real-time interactive water this time around, at least going by their presentation.
I think Danger Close did a fair bit of work on water in Warfighter last year, so likely folded it back in to Frostbite.

drexplora

neither BF2's nor BF3's water is interactive in any way.
So its arguable which looks better when they are both just fancy water paintings..

EDIT: water is something ive never seen DICE put much effort too in their mainline BF series.
Don't know how cheap simulated water can be, but im sure not having fancy water was something that overall helped performance in their massive and beautiful sandbox style games.

RoKKeR

http://i.imgur.com/QsKgrjGh.jpg[IMG] vs

[IMG]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6975/screen004kd6.jpg[IMG]

Battlefield 3 reference:[/QUOTE]
You people can't be serious, can you? What part of no textures, no geometry is so hard to understand?

Here is BF4's water:

bf4boat.gif

drexplora

yes...yes we are!
BF2
water9zx.jpg

I understand that for the first time some real work is being put in their water, but up until this point its all been pretty basic.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I understand that for the first time some real work is being put in their water, but up until this point its all been pretty basic.

That water texture looks worse than BF3's. Are you fuckin' serious, you two?

1943's you'd have a point on. But BF2? BC2? No.

QsKgrjGh.jpg
vs

screen004kd6.jpg

Battlefield 3 reference:

Yeah, I agree that BF3 has some shitty looking water, and this doesn't inspire too much confidence. Hopefully the final game has something more attractive.

If only they could get something like Crysis style water:

or hell, Halo 3:

halo3_water.gif

gif2.gif

Majanew

Banned
Of course Halo 3's water looked better than BF3's. Smaller maps, no destructible environments, less players, worse overall graphics. Halo 4 improved the graphics over Halo 3, but the water took a hit. Compromises, people.

Plus, this is unfinished water for the 360 version. I want to see the XB1/PS4 versions when the water effects aren't in Alpha stage.

drexplora

point is water in BF aint nuttin special, never has been. Aint really needed.
But with new gen coming I guess its finally the time where nice water is cheap enuff to implement and not take away from anything else.

Playing Battlefield 2 there were many instances where I was like "wow that water looks awesome!" and also "wow that water looks crap!" .. Same can be said for Battlefield 3 when the water is a simple see thru texture that moves.

RoKKeR

for reference:

BC2

I couldn't find any pictures for BC1. BC2's is a bit more stylized, but I like it.
Man, 1943. <3

Favorite arcade game of this gen, bar none. So many hours lost to that game. So colorful, so pretty, so much fun, all for $15.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, 1943. <3

Favorite arcade game of this gen, bar none. So many hours lost to that game. So colorful, so pretty, so much fun, all for $15.

Only three maps </3

One of which they RUINED in Babby mode on BF3. </3 </3

Double so with Conquest Assault which still didn't make it a run for the border. </3 </3 </3

DesertFox

My dream for Battlefield is a game where, for at least one entire map, you are in a city. Flags are in skyscrapers that you can ascend from the ground floor, or parachute onto.

This image seems like one step closer.

Yes - the scale and scope that this image implies is impressive. City spanning maps with buildings higher than 3 floors would be awesome to play conquest in.

Of course Halo 3's water looked better than BF3's. Smaller maps, no destructible environments, less players, worse overall graphics. Halo 4 improved the graphics over Halo 3, but the water took a hit. Compromises, people.

Plus, this is unfinished water for the 360 version. I want to see the XB1/PS4 versions when the water effects aren't in Alpha stage.

Fair enough, but I would argue Halo 4 still had decent looking water, especially compared to BF3:

I just hope BF4 has better looking water than BF3, because it was distractingly bad looking in that game.

ME3 multi style weapon collecting? I would actually be alright with that if they keep the in-game earned currency along with paying.

And battlefield 3 is a pay to win game with shitty gunplay and poor-performance.

PS2 is better.

poor performance? lol frostbite 2 scaled very well on PC. Lots of people can run BF3 at max settings over 60 fps - without the need for a monsterrig. Now you're just trolling.

Warablo

Wait, the RT/LT at the kit select screen? Does this mean we can finally make multiple kits per class?

Ef1eymph.jpg

Rm8EmR0h.jpg

EDIT: I guess the triggers are just there to change your weapons and stuff, not whole kits..

kalyyy

Neo Member
980531_10151483548077672_1364160751_o.jpg

E3 will be starting in a couple of days, and DICE has already setup the PC systems that will be handling the MP mode of its highly anticipated title. DICE has shared the following image from one of the PC systems that will be powering it. As we can see, this PC setup will be taking advantage of two AMD cards in CrossFire mode, though we don’t know which AMD cards have been used. Still, it’s pretty obvious that DICE will demo BF4 yet again on the PC (at most probably a 4K resolution).

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/this-is-the-pc-that-will-be-running-battlefield-4-in-this-years-e3/

xJavonta

Banned
poor performance? lol frostbite 2 scaled very well on PC. Lots of people can run BF3 at max settings over 60 fps - without the need for a monsterrig. Now you're just trolling.
Not me, and I have no problem running Metro at 720p. I don't have a strong rig, but it can game. BF3 gets 35-40 avg at 720p on medium on my computer.

I'm not even a PS2 fan, I don't like it either but BF3 sucks. I felt robbed of my $60 and regret pre-ordering it. DICE should stop making this shit and go back to Mirrors Edge or make a sequel worthy of being BF2s successor.

Top Bottom