• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

I really hope we're going back again, WWI or WWII I don't care. It's just been so long and I'm getting tired of everything having a future setting.

No of the DICE employees has teased anything, yet.

Except that dude.

You should know by now that not all will tease something. No one from Respawn teased anything about Titanfall 2 ;) Same with the Battlefront stuff that happened two days ago.

Teasing will not happen often. Especially what that tight NDAs nowadays. And just because nobody is teasing something it doesnt mean nothing will happen.

Amazing how most people here are excited for an historical setting. I am way on board too.

Just wonder if that'll translate to the wider audience, or if that is precisely what the barrier is to another historical shooter.

Daffy Duck

I can feel it

...coming in the air tonight.

ZYw06et.gif

You should know by now that not all will tease something. No one from Respawn teased anything about Titanfall 2 ;) Same with the Battlefront stuff that happened two days ago.

Teasing will not happen often. Especially what that tight NDAs nowadays. And just because nobody is teasing something it doesnt mean nothing will happen.

This. I'm on a music board that has one of the BF level designers, and he knows better than to say a thing. I mean, obviously his name is out there, but he won't even drop a hint. Tried like hell to get him to say anything about BC3, and all he said was "you'll like what you see."

Just give me something as quality as BF4 (post many of the patches) and I'll be happy. Though ideally, I REALLY want to avoid a future setting. Modern day or older is good with me.

Simo

Huh. We're expecting something today or tomorrow?

Funny that their FB page posted yesterday about storming the beaches from one of their earlier Battlefield titles...

k4n3

Banned
i could see them doing all 3 honestly... if you think about how many guns/maps were in BF4 it wouldnt bet hard to do ww2/modern/future all in a single game

marrec

Banned
Still as excited about this as when the rumor first started circulating.

Re-Reading The Guns of August right now and am more convinced than ever that WWI, especially the opening battles, would make an amazing setting.

ekim

Curious what were the others?

battlefield0.com
battlefield0.net
battlefield0.org
battlefield1.net
battlefield1.org
battlefield1944.net
battlefield1944.org
battlefield2144.com
battlefield2144.net
battlefield2144.org
battlefield6.org
battlefieldarmageddon.com
battlefieldarmageddon.net
battlefieldarmageddon.org
battlefieldbadcompany3.net
battlefieldbadcompany3.org
battlefieldbadcompany4.net
battlefieldbadcompany4.org
battlefieldbadcompany5.net
battlefieldbadcompany5.org
battlefieldfive.net
battlefieldfive.org
battlefieldone.com
battlefieldone.net
battlefieldone.org
battlefieldsix.com
battlefieldsix.net
battlefieldsix.org
battlefieldzero.com
battlefieldzero.net
battlefieldzero.org

All through one corporate domain registration service. Could be EA simply blocking those though.

Osahi

WW1 would be the most boring setting and gameplay ever. The whole game would just be sitting in trenches.

I think you should read up on WW1, and go beyond the locked Western front. (And I believe even that front could give good gameplay, because it is not that there weren't any offensives at all, it is just that in the larger scheme they didn't move the frontline all that much)

marrec

Banned
I think you should read up on WW1, and go beyond the locked Western front. (And I believe even that front could give good gameplay, because it is not that there weren't any offensives at all, it is just that in the larger scheme they didn't move the frontline all that much)

As had already been said, in addition to what you've said, the Western Front's opening moves were all fast and furious battles that didn't really involve any trench-warfare. They only got entrenched as the front moved closer to Paris.

Pastry

Banned

I think the main issue people see is that WWI does not have enough weapon variety. I think that's where the benefit of an alternate history comes in. The battles can be lifted straight from history but i would appreciate it if weapons/vehicles/gadgets aren't solely rooted in reality.

Beepos

Yes WW1, can you imagine 30 v 30 players running out of trenches to engage. Sounds like an interesting change of pace to me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
im happy with anything as long as its no futuristic setting

I sure hope they do not do this (and do not believe they will). They already have Titalfall 2 they are publishing, and SW:Battlefront for the Sci-Fantasy setting.

This thread should have a *HISTORY LESSON* in the title for everyone with the gut reactions. Read through the thread.

diaspora

Tactical shooter for WW1 doesn't make too much sense to me. Like... what tactics are there other than running into machine gun fire?

Top Bottom