• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline beta begins next Tuesday, February 3

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Like the glitchy aircraft cam in hardcore servers that goes crazy after getting killed, that hasn't been fixed since launch... and there's plenty of other problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUAz4i6Ek0

If people want to keep spending money on garbage, well I guess they have the right to waste their money...

That's... completely minor. Just like the Killcam freaking out and tagging the wrong person. These are slowly
if ever, yes
getting fixed. But not complete show-stoppers that BF4 had at launch.

cackhyena

Guess I'm lucky. I never have game breaking bugs or anything of the sort. The only issue I have is sometimes I have to restart my One just to get a party going. I don't know if that's BF4 or the One's fault, though.

TheJLC

Doesn't sound like a Battlefield game, so it doesn't interest me.

"Hardline is the fastest Battlefield yet, tighter maps, faster player movement, higher powered gadgets..."

So that sounds like fast gameplay, smaller maps, and overpowered weapons. Which sounds right from the Alpha.

I will however play the Open Beta to see if any teamplay mechanics were added in, if the theme is more believable, if any changes make it more like a Battlefield game.

Nameless

I'm looking forward to trying this despite BF4 being one of the most frustrating gaming experience I ever had when it launched. Hopefully it shapes out to a spiritual successor of Bad Company 2.

jrolson

That's... completely minor. Just like the Killcam freaking out and tagging the wrong person. These are slowly
if ever, yes
getting fixed. But not complete show-stoppers that BF4 had at launch.

It may seem minor to most people, but as someone who plays mostly as a pilot for hours and having to see this bugged cam every 5-10 minutes... it gets annoying real fast...

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Evening Gents

On ps4, will there be some sort of Anti-Aliasing on this Battlefield, as opposed to BF4 lack of any?

Salute

TheSeks

It may seem minor to most people, but as someone who plays mostly as a pilot for hours and having to see this bugged cam every 5-10 minutes... it gets annoying real fast...

Solution: Close your eyes for 10 seconds. No more killcam bug?

I'm not really sure what you're expecting when that's not a "high-priority" fix. Is it annoying? Yeah, I agree. Is it something DICE needs to fix now? Well... no. Not really.

I can say the killcam showing me the wrong person is annoying as well. But I wouldn't go "LOL FUCK DICE" about it because it's just a minor thing and the game itself is playing fine, minus these minor bugs.

On ps4, will there be some sort of Anti-Aliasing on this Battlefield, as opposed to BF4 lack of any?

It's still running on Frostbite 3, so unless they optimized it in the past year: probably not. Probably so. Up in the air? I'd probably err on the side of "no" but until the beta releases we don't know?

inki

I feel the matches are too small and confined. Not a fan of the alpha/first beta from this game. I think they are releasing this so they can do as much damage control as possible from the BF4 issues and the initial Alpha/Beta that caused them to delay the game. I don't see this selling well unless they did some changes. GL to them though, I'm all about a new BF every year, but they have to be good.

It's still running on Frostbite 3, so unless they optimized it in the past year: probably not. Probably so. Up in the air? I'd probably err on the side of "no" but until the beta releases we don't know?

Just because it's the same engine doesn't mean things haven't changed. Case in point, CoD: Ghosts and CoD: AW. Both on the same engine, but the second one runs better and at a higher graphical fidelity than the first.

TheSeks

Just because it's the same engine doesn't mean things haven't changed. Case in point, CoD: Ghosts and CoD: AW. Both on the same engine, but the second one runs better and at a higher graphical fidelity than the first.

True. But again: We don't know. For all we know it's most likely not until proven otherwise.

This game isn't out yet nor free for BF4 season pass holders? I'll check out the beta. The original alpha or whatever quite a few months ago was extremely underwhelming.

Compsiox

Banned
This game isn't out yet nor free for BF4 season pass holders? I'll check out the beta. The original alpha or whatever quite a few months ago was extremely underwhelming.
But did you use the zipline gun? Did you bomb safes with c4 momotorcycles? If not give it another chance.

b0bbyJ03

i'll keep an open mind on this one. def not preordering or buying until i have confirmation that it works with no issues.

TheSeks

Live Gold/PS+ likely required, no?

On X-box/PS4? Yeah, more than likey. On PS3? No, since they never required you to subscribe to a rental service to play online on PS3.

zychi

Banned
XBL and PSN will also be down on Tuesday

Both Sony and Microsoft will blame "Lizard Squad" when it's really just stealing people's money at this point.

More at 11.

Alienous

This is the first trailer I've seen that doesn't look like they're half assing it.

I'm still not interested, and that's ignoring the fact that Battlefield 4's launch was so disappointing.

Nokterian

This is the first trailer I've seen that doesn't look like they're half assing it.

I'm still not interested, and that's ignoring the fact that Battlefield 4's launch was so disappointing.

It's made by visceral but i am keeping away from it, i expect not a good launch they promise a lot but words can do so mutch.

Keasar

bJihafu.jpg

The hacker mode does look pretty interesting this time. More to do than the Commander mode in BF4. I wonder if some of those options are to counter the enemy "Hacker". Hopefully you can also give more detailed orders to the squads other than "Attack this Flag" "Defend this Flag", like in BF2 where you could place markers anywhere meaning Move, Attack or Defend etc.

TheSeks

The hacker mode does look pretty interesting this time. More to do than the Commander mode in BF4. I wonder if some of those options are to counter the enemy "Hacker". Hopefully you can also give more detailed orders to the squads other than "Attack this Flag" "Defend this Flag", like in BF2 where you could place markers anywhere meaning Move, Attack or Defend etc.

I dunno. Outside of the left bar it's basically the same mode graphically/functionally. When the beta hits, I hope they don't have that "rank 10" requirement that BF4 has for getting into Commander mode so people can try it instantly and see "just how different" it is. The trailer didn't really inspire much in me.

If so, I dare not to imagine how it looks without.

On a 1080p 22" TFT 80cm away, it looks like it has none.

On a 40" samsung tv does not look so bad (3 meters away), but still bad.

Well, B4F is 900p, so I'm not surprised you were seeing aliasing playing on a native 1080p monitor.

Top Bottom