• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline beta begins next Tuesday, February 3

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Was about to buy BF4 on XBL, but I guess I'll wait for this and have it tide me over until Evolve comes out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not gonna read your insane text wall. We all know BF4 has problems but if its bad enough to write an essay just play another game.

"I'm not going to defend my point because I can't admit that Rush sucks in BF4 and have to attack peoples stats or say they suck at the mode despite the fact that one of the most rabid Rush fans thinks the mode sucks in BF4 and is telling me so."

Okay, bro. Here's a TL;DR for you:

Tell me which maps you consider "good" for Rush in BF4 that aren't:

Caspian Border.
Operation Firestorm.

but if its bad enough to write an essay just play another game.

I have... it's called... *drumroll and GASP* Battlefield 4: Sabotage/Obliteration.

OMG I CAN PLAY BATTLEFIELD 4 ON OTHER MODES WHILE THINKING MY PRIMARY GAME MODE I WANT TO PLAY IS SHIT. SILLY ME!

Battlefield 4 is universally known to have just about the worst maps for Rush mode in a Battlefield game. Sure there are some decent ones and they are more tolerable at lower player counts, but the vast majority of them simply don't work for Rush. This is to be expected as they make the maps in that game specifically for Conquest Large first and foremost.

In regards to Hardline, I think they made a good decision in getting rid of Rush for this game, otherwise I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it ended up even worse than how it is in BF4. It's a matter of whether or not you want to give players the option to run a mode that really doesn't work with what you are aiming for and aren't likely to put any effort in making sure it plays nicely. DICE Sweden decided to do the latter for BF4, and we all know how that ended up.

"I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it ended up even worse than how it is in BF4"

How can you even begin to speculate on something like this?

Tubie

"I'm not going to defend my point because I can't admit that Rush sucks in BF4 and have to attack peoples stats or say they suck at the mode despite the fact that one of the most rabid Rush fans thinks the mode sucks in BF4 and is telling me so."

Caspian Border.
Operation Firestorm.

I have... it's called... *drumroll and GASP* Battlefield 4: Sabotage/Obliteration.

OMG I CAN PLAY BATTLEFIELD 4 ON OTHER MODES WHILE THINKING MY PRIMARY GAME MODE I WANT TO PLAY IS SHIT. SILLY ME!

Stats are irrelevant to the mode you play anyway.

The higher player modes are known to be harder to get a better KD/R while lower player count modes are easier to cheese the hell out of.

Caspian Border.
Operation Firestorm.

Can you read? your buddy was the one boasting about how he is a great player and probably better than I am. I said prove it.

I also posted a map and an entire map pack that Rush is fun on. I'll add Shanghai to that list as well. I'll repeat one more thing for you: If you don't think its fun You have other options. The Rush servers never seem to be dead when I play so quite a few people must enjoy it.

Can you read? your buddy was the one boasting about how he is a great player and probably better than I am. I said prove it.

I also posted a map and an entire map pack that Rush is fun on. I'll add Shanghai to that list as well. I'll repeat one more thing for you: If you don't think its fun You have other options. The Rush servers never seem to be dead when I play so quite a few people must enjoy it.

You said i dislike rush because i get mowed down. You brought skill slams into this thread

JoeLT

Is this still going to be 900p/40fps on PS4 like Battlefield 4 or have they announced otherwise? These two things really added to the problems of Battlefield 4 for me and many others.

Is this still going to be 900p/40fps like Battlefield 4 or have they announced otherwise? These two things really added to the problems of Battlefield 4 for me and many others.
You mean on consoles right? I thought it was 60 on PS4 at least!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

He's not my buddy, pal. I don't have a horse in you twos pissing match. I want you to list what maps you think work for Rush because a majority of Rush's player base think BF4's maps are WEAK.

I also posted a map and an entire map pack that Rush is fun on. I'll add Shanghai to that list as well.

Okay:

Siege of Shanghai: Which has a badly designed first set, HAD A FUCKING TERRIBLE SECOND SET (sup Tank in the Underground mall) to where DICE redesigned it. Chokepoint bridge third-set with water swimming (resign fixes this somewhat since A isn't a hell room) and okay-decent fourth and last/fifth set.

Goldmund Railway: Terrible map design of "keep climbing, attackers" while the defense can shut down the first set easy of the tanks don't roll in. Basically the map boils down to "who can abuse the tanks the hardest: Attackers or Defense" as a round.

Dragon Teeth: Terrible map design with choke-points/2-3 lanes and barely if any flanking options.

So it seems you like to NOT have to flank and just shoot fish in a barrel. Thanks for letting me know you have no idea what makes Rush work and I can safely ignore your opinions when it comes to the mode.

Much obliged! <3

Also:

The Rush servers never seem to be dead when I play so quite a few people must enjoy it.

"People are playing 64-player Rush and the servers are filled despite other modes getting populated as well! Surely that means the map design for the mode is good!"

That's like saying "Superman 64 sold 1 million copies! Surely that's a good game!"

cNRbcKz.gif

(In before "TL;DR Wall of Text" etc. flimsy excuses from you instead of defending your point. Because we both know you know I'm right and Rush's map design is terrible in BF4.)

You said i dislike rush because i get mowed down. You brought skill slams into this thread

I have no problem admitting that. My bad on that one but I didn't mean it as a skill slam.

I have no idea what your skill level is but subjectively assumed the dismissal of the entire mode might be because of the constant death by of exosive spam on some of BF4s Rusb maps.

So, sorry for the skill comment.

Tubie

JoeLT

You mean on consoles right? I thought it was 60 on PS4 at least!

Yes sorry I meant for the PS4. Although it’s advertised as a 60fps game, it is almost never actually at 60fps. Out of all the PS4 games I own, BF4 easily has the worst performance.

He's not my buddy, pal. I don't have a horse in you twos pissing match. I want you to list what maps you think work for Rush because a majority of Rush's player base think BF4's maps are WEAK.

Okay:

Siege of Shanghai: Which has a badly designed first set, HAD A FUCKING TERRIBLE SECOND SET (sup Tank in the Underground mall) to where DICE redesigned it. Chokepoint bridge third-set with water swimming (resign fixes this somewhat since A isn't a hell room) and okay-decent fourth and last/fifth set.

Goldmund Railway: Terrible map design of "keep climbing, attackers" while the defense can shut down the first set easy of the tanks don't roll in. Basically the map boils down to "who can abuse the tanks the hardest: Attackers or Defense" as a round.

Dragon Teeth: Terrible map design with choke-points/2-3 lanes and barely if any flanking options.

So it seems you like to NOT have to flank and just shoot fish in a barrel. Thanks for letting me know you have no idea what makes Rush work and I can safely ignore your opinions when it comes to the mode.

Much obliged! <3

Also:

"People are playing 64-player Rush and the servers are filled despite other modes getting populated as well! Surely that means the map design for the mode is good!"

That's like saying "Superman 64 sold 1 million copies! Surely that's a good game!"

cNRbcKz.gif

(In before "TL;DR Wall of Text" etc. flimsy excuses from you instead of defending your point. Because we both know you know I'm right and Rush's map design is terrible in BF4.)

Its ok man we don't have the same opinion. Save your silly gifs cause I don't care what you like or hate. I dont think you are right about anything but I admire your passion. I mean these write ups are impressive but they are totally insane. All this crap about map design and I seem to find a way to flank or get through your so called choke points. None of it is a problem. If Rush is hard for you to deal with its ok.

Before you read anything Seks says, read this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148505561&postcount=10807

This was my reply to that post:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148534976&postcount=10816

That's me trying to be nice to him (after a year of knowing his attitude) and trying to be 50/50 and understanding of where he's coming from. He simply told me to fuck myself the second we had a slight disagreement.

Don't waste your time with his posts.

Thanks I won't. Have a good one man.

I have no problem admitting that. My bad on that one but I didn't mean it as a skill slam.

I have no idea what your skill level is but subjectively assumed the dismissal of the entire mode might be because of the constant death by of exosive spam on some of BF4s Rusb maps.

I dont know if you play cte but the cte lead david sirland acknowledged that rush was shit and they spent months trying to fix it before giving up because its not possible without radical redesigns.

Tubie

I dont know if you play cte but the cte lead david sirland acknowledged that rush was shit and they spent months trying to fix it before giving up because its not possible without radical redesigns.

They would have to make Rush only maps, that's the only way to fix it.

And they should.

But some of the fans of Rush would rather see Conquest burn just to have Rush fixed.

Man I love battlefield but what a toxic and immature community, this thread is just disgusting. Thanks for letting me know I need to avoid these threads like the plague.

CryptiK

Come on now guys, lets not get into a fight about a really shit game. The game was terrible and as was all its maps and modes.

Can't wait for BF:H.

I'm just glad this game wont be filled with Idiots with LMG's and Airbursts thinking they are good at the game by throwing down smoke and sitting in the corner with their IRNV.

Hopefully this game will require actual skill in pub.

Man I love battlefield but what a toxic and immature community, this thread is just disgusting. Thanks for letting me know I need to avoid these threads like the plague.
Yeah don't mind them.I find it amusing that some poeple feel like bein good at a video game is something they can feel proud of and boast about :D.
Overall BF4 is pretty great you don't need to get involve with community and there are always some good platoons you can join and enjoy.

CryptiK

They are probably both bad at the game so they are compensating it by having a dick measuring contest in Public. Not all of the community is like this.

"I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it ended up even worse than how it is in BF4"

How can you even begin to speculate on something like this?

It doesn't take a genius to see how adding Rush mode for a game that's clearly not designed for it in anyway is likely to end up being just as bad, if not worse, than how it is in BF4 (of which is not designed well for Rush as is).

Keasar

I dunno. Outside of the left bar it's basically the same mode graphically/functionally. When the beta hits, I hope they don't have that "rank 10" requirement that BF4 has for getting into Commander mode so people can try it instantly and see "just how different" it is. The trailer didn't really inspire much in me.

Well, if anything there at least seems to be a lot more to do. If I remember correctly of the Commander mode in BF4 (the few times I bothered with it unlike BF2 which was a joy), you can do UAVs, counter-UAVs, drop veichles, rank up a squad and then missile something.

I'm curios about what each of the functions does, but at least it sounds/looks a lot more interesting right out of the gate.

Also, I guess they didn't remove the parity in weapons cause I realized I just saw a detective looking dude stab a criminal in the neck with a knife.

Why do people hate this game again? to me this looks like a ton of fun.
I really don't understand why people hate on the game. I had a ton of fun on the E3 beta demo. What I have heard from allot of ppl is oohh it should have been BF4 DLC, its terrible, BF4 is better, where is BF Bad Company 3? Dice and EA aren't getting my cash again etc. Just allot of hate but I had a blast with the little bit I played.

Yes sorry I meant for the PS4. Although it’s advertised as a 60fps game, it is almost never actually at 60fps. Out of all the PS4 games I own, BF4 easily has the worst performance.

The framerate was pretty solid in Rush mode, stayed at 60fps the majority of the time, but that's obviously due to the lower player-count than conquest large.

Well, that was until that huge update was released recently. I noticed dips on certain maps that weren't there before after that.

They are probably both bad at the game so they are compensating it by having a dick measuring contest in Public. Not all of the community is like this.

No compensation here. I just enjoy competition. You are aware this is a game where you simulate unloading an assault rifle in another players face, spraying blood and brains all over the place, right? The whole vibe is "contest". You are right about the community though, in fact this is the only place I have ever encountered so many battle-assholes.

Anyhow, still more than willing to to play against anyone or with anyone in here. After 1,000 hours of BF4 I'm anything but bad at it.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Yea, feels like they're doing this for marketing purposes and not to actually get feedback.

Six day beta.

Five weeks before release.

This isn't a damn beta...it's basically a game demo, they would have to go gold at least what...two or three weeks before launch week?

From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

Beta[edit]

See also: Beta release

Beta is feature and asset complete version of the game, when only bugs are being fixed.[152][153] This version contains no bugs that prevent the game from being shippable.[152] No changes are made to the game features, assets, or code. Beta occurs two to three months before code release.[153]

Code release[edit]

Code release is the stage when all bugs are fixed and game is ready to be shipped or submitted for console manufacturer review. This version is tested against QA test plan. First code release candidate is usually ready three to four weeks before code release.[153]

How funny...this isn't a damn beta.

Faustus

Banned
But thats when the summoner comes to Nosgoth.....EA did it on purpose to fight with their rival franchise!!...........what?................
think this is a joke? wana foight a-bout iit

They must be confident they have a fun game on their hands to have an open beta like this. Might work out well for them if the gameplay exceeds expectations, and people buy the game after trying it that normally wouldn't.

Six day beta.

Five weeks before release.

This isn't a damn beta...it's basically a game demo, they would have to go gold at least what...two or three weeks before launch week?

From Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development

How funny...this isn't a damn beta.

The betas for BF3 and BF4 each started about four weeks before release. They can still use them for tweaks, like weapon balance or performance, via a Day 1 patch.

I also don't think a generic Wiki definition of "beta" can be fairly applied to all games.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The betas for BF3 and BF4 each started about four weeks before release. They can still use them for tweaks, like weapon balance or performance, via a Day 1 patch.

I also don't think a generic Wiki definition of "beta" can be fairly applied to all games.

If the launch of Hardline was this fall, then I'd understand this beta. This however isn't a beta, it's basically a game demo to try to sell the game to gamers, and a stress test of the servers.

It's a glorified demo.

Pre-orders must be weak for them to be doing an open beta...

CryptiK

No compensation here. I just enjoy competition. You are aware this is a game where you simulate unloading an assault rifle in another players face, spraying blood and brains all over the place, right? The whole vibe is "contest". You are right about the community though, in fact this is the only place I have ever encountered so many battle-assholes.

Anyhow, still more than willing to to play against anyone or with anyone in here. After 1,000 hours of BF4 I'm anything but bad at it.
Thats ok I only have 223 hours. But I have played at ESL One for Battlefield 4 representing Australia and setting a record for ESL One as a whole. But I have no idea what the game is or as good as you. Your little pissing contest with the other guy is just ruining the thread just stop.

And yes the Beta will be a glorified DEMO it has been the same for all the recent Battlefield games.

Visceral posted this last night.

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/innovation-and-tradition-multiplayer-in-battlefield-hardline?utm_campaign=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&cid=34519&ts=1422644279812

We know some of you aren’t convinced. You think that the only true Battlefield is a military one. While we can respect that, it is one of our goals to convince you otherwise. So here’s a quick overview of a couple of the new things that Visceral are adding to Battlefield multiplayer with Hardline.

Tubie

Visceral posted this last night.

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/innovation-and-tradition-multiplayer-in-battlefield-hardline?utm_campaign=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&cid=34519&ts=1422644279812

We know some of you aren’t convinced. You think that the only true Battlefield is a military one. While we can respect that, it is one of our goals to convince you otherwise. So here’s a quick overview of a couple of the new things that Visceral are adding to Battlefield multiplayer with Hardline.

It's crazy how they're already doing damage control, even before the beta
demo
is out.

This game should've just been a new IP. I think the Battlefield name will end up doing more bad than good for it.

Copen

Banned
I played the beta the first time around and wasn't impressed. As someone whose played BF games for close to 15 years this to me isn't a real BF game and Hardline should've been its own game with its own title. EA wants to piggyback off the BF franchise name and I personally won't be buying it. They won't do another BF bad company game that many people want but they do they whole "Cops N Robbers" and expect it to sell.

Top Bottom