• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline beta begins next Tuesday, February 3

CryptiK

It's crazy how they're already doing damage control, even before the beta
demo
is out.

This game should've just been a new IP. I think the Battlefield name will end up doing more bad than good for it.
Not really, they are more or less saying the Beta should convince you otherwise.

Trojan

Visceral posted this last night.

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/innovation-and-tradition-multiplayer-in-battlefield-hardline?utm_campaign=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&cid=34519&ts=1422644279812

We know some of you aren’t convinced. You think that the only true Battlefield is a military one. While we can respect that, it is one of our goals to convince you otherwise. So here’s a quick overview of a couple of the new things that Visceral are adding to Battlefield multiplayer with Hardline.

Hotwire actually sounds pretty awesome. My BF play group is going to jump back into this when it releases next week. I hope this beta doesn't gimp parties in a way where it's tough to get on the same team.

Thats ok I only have 223 hours. But I have played at ESL One for Battlefield 4 representing Australia and setting a record for ESL One as a whole. But I have no idea what the game is or as good as you. Your little pissing contest with the other guy is just ruining the thread just stop.

And yes the Beta will be a glorified DEMO it has been the same for all the recent Battlefield games.

Your post is so hypocritical I actually was laughing.

You came back 24 hours later to claim that you are a pro gamer representing an entire nation and have set some nameless record. Then end by whining about pissing contests?

Nokterian

Visceral posted this last night.

http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/news/innovation-and-tradition-multiplayer-in-battlefield-hardline?utm_campaign=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=bhl-social-us-ic-tw-bfh-mp-innovation-013015-tw-prev-site-ramp&cid=34519&ts=1422644279812

We know some of you aren’t convinced. You think that the only true Battlefield is a military one. While we can respect that, it is one of our goals to convince you otherwise. So here’s a quick overview of a couple of the new things that Visceral are adding to Battlefield multiplayer with Hardline.

Indeed i am not convinced and will not be since calling it Battlefield is out of place.

I'm excited for a more infantry focused battlefield with less tanks. I enjoy the dynamic tanks and LAVs bring to the military battlefield and i spend most of my time trying to blow them up as engineer but a more infantry focused game could be really good too.

I like that they seem to be focusing on creating situations where one team wants to get into a location, get at something that is being defended, and then get it away as fast as possible.

That could make for some really fun sequences. And I just absolutely love the battlefield movement and feel.

I'll probably end up buying this on both PS4 and PC.. lol.

The lead MP designer on this is someone I have worked very closely with before and is one of the smartest designers I know. I'm really looking forward to playing this (especially the Hotwire mode), and I haven't played a BF title since BF3.

As a not so good heli pilot, I like that Stingers, Igla etc. are now pickups around the map instead of loadout weapons.

Yeah helis don't last in BF4. I make sure of that, lol.

Every now and again you get a good squad that is repping a scout heli on a map like flood zone and you can't get a bead on them. One time before the heli changes i saw a guy go 60-2 in the scout heli on flood zone. Fucking stupid.

Helis were near OP status when the game launched though.

From what I'm watching right now.. it looks exactly like BF4. (just watched a dude take out a heli with a rocket launcher on a dessert looking map. No city at all.

cackhyena

Seriously, I went from cold as can be, having played the previous E3 version to pumped as can be to try this out Tuesday. Looks fun as hell.

CryptiK

Your post is so hypocritical I actually was laughing.

You came back 24 hours later to claim that you are a pro gamer representing an entire nation and have set some nameless record. Then end by whining about pissing contests?
Claiming? LOL? Anyway I made a point that seems to just have gone completely over your head.

From what I'm watching right now.. it looks exactly like BF4. (just watched a dude take out a heli with a rocket launcher on a dessert looking map. No city at all.

Yes, it is a battlefield game.

There are both city and rural maps. What you saw looked like southern US - texas/new mexico near the mexico border. Thus the name, dust bowl.

Im not sure why you thought every map would be an urban environment?

bombshell

Well it was CQ Large, of course it's going to look like Battlefield.

He's now playing Heist mode on a city map.

Oh yeah, this game. Wasn't it supposed to come out october or something? Anyway trailer looked pretty cool, might give it a shot. Last battlefield I liked was battlefield bad company 2.

Yes, it is a battlefield game.

There are both city and rural maps. What you saw looked like southern US - texas/new mexico near the mexico border. Thus the name, dust bowl.

Im not sure why you thought every map would be an urban environment?

I was figuring COD sized or SOCOM sized maps. You know.. cops and robbers style. Didn't expect to see a bad guy take down a helo with a rocket launcher.

Sorry.. the part I saw looked exactly like BF4. It'll be fun like BF... just thought it was going to be a smaller map type of game. But like dude said above.. I guess they have large map CQ.. which is bf war stuff... so I need to check out a different mode.

Tubie

I was figuring COD sized or SOCOM sized maps. You know.. cops and robbers style. Didn't expect to see a bad guy take down a helo with a rocket launcher.

Sorry.. the part I saw looked exactly like BF4. It'll be fun like BF... just thought it was going to be a smaller map type of game. But like dude said above.. I guess they have large map CQ.. which is bf war stuff... so I need to check out a different mode.

The map was big when you compare it to a game like CoD where the player count is way smaller. These maps still need to fit 64 players, and from what I saw the flags were super close together compared to maps in BF4. The map definitely looked smaller than your average BF4 map.

I am going to try the game, but I have enough shooters to play and I'm not in a rush to buy another anytime soon. Unfortunate for Visceral, but I'll wait until an eventual digital price drop.

CLBridges

Nice, this will give me a little break from Destiny. Gotta admit, I did have a bit of fun with the Hardline beta last year, so we'll see what tweaks and improvements they've made since.

Top Bottom