• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlestar Galactica Official Final Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharg

idspispopd
Sir Fragula said:
More likely is that Daniel is her father.

The quoted speculation seems to usually come from people saying "spoilers say...", so fair warning for people who are reading either my post or the one before it, but
I don't see how this makes any sense at all. After all the effort (an entire wasted episode) to eliminate a hybrid from the plot other than Hera, they're going to suddenly throw Kara in as another hybrid? Seriously, if that's where they go I'm going to be a bit annoyed. Nor does it seem likely that a hybrid can resurrect as Kara did. I think people are reading a bit too much into a couple of pictures.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I'm amazed at how badly Ellen is taking this.... I've never gotten the impression that Cylons held on that tight to relationships...plus they haven't talked about how she died yet...

DarienA

It's funny... Ellen has been so in control during the scenes on the Basestar... and now that she's back on the Galactica... she's back to her neurotic self...

DarienA said:
It's funny... Ellen has been so in control during the scenes on the Basestar... and now that she's back on the Galactica... she's back to her neurotic self...

Moore says she still the same Ellen Tigh in that she has the core of those characteristics. She is just a more enlightened complete version of herself.

She really does love Tigh and it must be quite a shock that he has impregnated someone else and essentially one of their children in a symbolic sense.

DarienA

Stoney Mason said:
Moore says she still the same Ellen Tigh in that she has the core of those characteristics. She is just a more enlightened complete version of herself.

So she still has the neurotic tendencies... she just has the added knowledge/memory of her multiple lives... where she probably displayed those tendencies many times.

You know I have to of the characters I've enjoyed Baltar has gone from one of my favorite characters... to one of the most least interesting to me.

Stoney Mason said:
She really does love Tigh and it must be quite a shock that he has impregnated someone else and essentially one of their children in a symbolic sense.

Her enlightened self needs to accept that he thought she was dead and moved on.... instead she's at war inside with it... which is making the neurotic tendencies flare up.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
DarienA said:
I'm amazed at how badly Ellen is taking this.... I've never gotten the impression that Cylons held on that tight to relationships...plus they haven't talked about how she died yet...

That was before children were involved. Before, it was just pointless orgies.

There's five episodes left to wrap up the whole show. No one gives a frack about Ellen struggling to cope with Tigh and Six having a baby. Things need to get rolling towards a series finale.

JoeMartin

Stoney Mason said:

It's horrible to watch though. Just when you think she'd become a more sensible individual now that she has all her memories back, she's back being the same manipulative whore she was before.

Killing off her and Callie was like the best part of the show. If Ellen is just gonna come back and being that lame character motive that she was before I'll be pissed.

DarienA

Ellen returns and she is still manipulative... this is such a disappointing episode.

EDIT: And I don't even know what to say about Baltar's six... wtf....

:lol I'd forgotten how much i like that Hulu commercial.

B.K.

JoeMartin said:
It's horrible to watch though. Just when you think she'd become a more sensible individual now that she has all her memories back, she's back being the same manipulative whore she was before.

Maybe she's always been like that, even back on Earth.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
fistfulofmetal said:
How can they just bring Baltar's Six back so suddenly? How can they do that?

To make the ending even more awesome. I'm lapping up everything she says.

And holy shit Tigh is logic-bombing Ellen and the rest. Looks like Hera still has a role to play.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
JoeMartin said:

Killing off her and Callie was like the best part of the show. If Ellen is just gonna come back and being that lame character motive that she was before I'll be pissed.
That's what happens when you're in a poisonous relationship, all your (and your partner's) worse aspects comes out.

DarienA

Adam continuing to visit the repair site... it's almost like we/he is expecting to find something wrong... some plot....

Nice speech Saul... short but powerful.

DarienA

v1cious said:
this episode has had a lot of plot developments so far... so why does it feel so boring?

The pacing is off.... dragging.... awkward sutters....

DarienA

Anders is returning! The baby dying.... not right... not right at all...

Neither humans nor Cyclons can survive on their own... but they still haven't found the right balance....

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DarienA said:
Anders is returning! The baby dying.... not right... not right at all...

Neither humans nor Cyclons can survive on their own... but they still haven't found the right balance....
It was weird what happened on the monitor.

I liked the episode. I'm pretty sure the rest of the thread hated it for various reasons (mainly because people want to advance a ton in each episode) but I liked it. Felt very human to me and real.

anaron

B.K. said:
I have a feeling Paula's going to kill Baltar.
Oh I think she certainly wanted to in that scene.

Baltar's hilarious with a gun.
baltar.jpg

Never forget. :p

Also, Adama in R&D skit! :lol

DarienA

Treo360 said:
Interesting Teaser.

LOL at the end!!! :lol :lol :lol

Meh I'm not sure what I think of that teaser.... kinda meh but... well... somewhat interesting.. getting the Starbuck question answered would be nice...

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Stoney Mason said:
I liked the episode. I'm pretty sure the rest of the thread hated it for various reasons (mainly because people want to advance a ton in each episode) but I liked it. Felt very human to me and real.

I loved it. Not a lot of answers, but some fantastic drama and new classic Baltar moments. "And Guns! Bigger Guns!"

I think the thread is just peeved we didn't get as many answers as last week, but it's good to have a week to let all the new revelations digest and see the drama that ensues.

I don't think the shortened season is helping Battlestar like it helped Lost.

Battlestar has always benefited from telling its story slowly, and now it's trying to quickly tell its story but it still has the slow pace.

Treo360

DarienA said:
Meh I'm not sure what I think of that teaser.... kinda meh but... well... somewhat interesting.. getting the Starbuck question answered would be nice...

Sorry I meant the R&D skit at the end

"Where's my check?!?"

This episode felt like the opposite of last week's episode. Not a lot of content, pacing was off for different reasons. They repeated the shot of Adama watching his ship get worked on way too much, we got the point the second time he was there.

Guess next week is when Starbuck realizes her father was number 7 :). The show is going to pick up pace really fast, only 4 hours left.

DarienA

ahoyhoy said:
I loved it. Not a lot of answers, but some fantastic drama and new classic Baltar moments. "And Guns! Bigger Guns!"

I think the thread is just peeved we didn't get as many answers as last week, but it's good to have a week to let all the new revelations digest and see the drama that ensues.

I know my peevishnish doesn't revolve around around the lack of revelations... I'm peeved at how quickly they regressed Ellens character... we spent the entire episode watching Ellen poison/manipulate whomever she came across (AGAIN just like old times) intermixed with drunk Adama staring at the repair crew... oh yeah and Baltar.

Meh.

EDIT: LOL This was a fun SG-1 episode... damn why'd the show have to end... :(

Stoney Mason said:

I liked it too. Especially the last scene in the hallway with Adama and Roslin.

"I didn't know they were doing that..."

~Kinggi~

Banned
This show is turning to shit. Something felt off last episode, but this one confirmed it. All the cylon drama, starting to feel like some cheap soap opera. Balter is back to being an idiot. The acting is coming off amateurish, its like they shot everything in a day and had only 1 take. Too much fucking crying by the once badass XO.

Incredibly disappointed, and with only 4 episodes left, i see nothing recalling the greatness of the past seasons to end the show.

DarienA said:
I know my peevishnish doesn't revolve around around the lack of revelations... I'm peeved at how quickly they regressed Ellens character... we spent the entire episode watching Ellen poison/manipulate whomever she came across intermixed with drunk Adama staring at the repair crew... oh yeah and Baltar.

By the end she did something the old Ellen would have never done. She came to terms with it and tried to do the right thing. I think some of you guys are too rough on her this episode.

Treo360

DarienA said:
I know my peevishnish doesn't revolve around around the lack of revelations... I'm peeved at how quickly they regressed Ellens character... we spent the entire episode watching Ellen poison/manipulate whomever she came across (AGAIN just like old times) intermixed with drunk Adama staring at the repair crew... oh yeah and Baltar.

Meh.

EDIT: LOL This was a fun SG-1 episode... damn why'd the show have to end... :(

Shows how much I know about SG1:lol even after I saw Continuum. I had no clue the show ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom