• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date
abq said:
The game has leaderboards, which silver members generally have access to if I'm not mistaken. So nothing should be locked to gold members only.
Thanks for the info...360 version it is for me then! =)

Volcynika

Raxus said:
Worth it?

Not sure what you mean as in worth it. To platinum, you have to run through all the hardest difficulties, do all the challenge rooms, and do some other assorted things. I had fun the whole time through.

Volcynika said:
Not sure what you mean as in worth it. To platinum, you have to run through all the hardest difficulties, do all the challenge rooms, and do some other assorted things. I had fun the whole time through.

Do you know how many hours you put into it?

Volcynika

Baloonatic said:
Do you know how many hours you put into it?

Around 30. Keeps a log of your time spent on your save file. Was actually like 29 hours and 47 minutes or something, but close enough!

Volcynika said:

Do you mean Platinum as in the PS3 trophy, or ranking?

Meaning, to get a Platinum Rank, which is what I'll be going for, I will need to complete the game in each level and get the top rank.

Volcynika

Dabookerman said:
Do you mean Platinum as in the PS3 trophy, or ranking?

Meaning, to get a Platinum Rank, which is what I'll be going for, I will need to complete the game in each level and get the top rank.

I thought Captain N was referring to the trophy, so that's what I'm referencing.

Raxus

Volcynika said:
Exactly what I was looking for. For DMC plat/1000/1000 you had to run through the hardest difficulties and the tower mode several times to earn it. Was kind of a grind towards the end for me.

hulot

Raxus said:
Exactly what I was looking for. For DMC plat/1000/1000 you had to run through the hardest difficulties and the tower mode several times to earn it. Was kind of a grind towards the end for me.
DMC4 had trophies? Was that patched in later?

Volcynika

Raxus said:

You actually don't have to touch Angel Slayer mode at all, so no super challenges there!

ZeroRay said:
Lets do it!

2lks505.jpg

Ok that was the second time I've quoted. LAST TIME I PROMISE

careksims

Knux-Future said:
Best buys in willow grove, Pa are selling it.

Got mine....hellz yeah.

Noooooo! Why does my Best Buys suck so much? :lol

It's good to see you can buy costumes to unlock. That's going to provide many hours of grinding :)

Just finished the prologue.....

this game is fucking crazy awesome.

Maybe I just love random crazyness but I love this game's style. Plus is fun as all hell.

"The World of Bayonetta" is fantastic; every game should do this.

3D Models of everything, very cool to see stuff like the Bat Within up close

Tons of Concept art, including early designs, little details like the satellite being a robot face, or a guide to translating all the angelic or demonic writing in the game if you are super crazy

The Entire Soundtrack, just amazing

And of course, the video that follows the credits

Mind

Neo Member
Sega is doing a real poor job with this release. I know people in a bunch of countries who already bought the game in a regular store although the game isn't officially released. Also..no store seems to know when the game will be on the shelves, they've heard like 3 dates from Sega now.

Damn you Sega!

I’ve been playing the demo a lot recently, and now that I’m actually paying attention to the combo system, I gotta tell ya I appreciate this game so much more now! I finally got a platinum trophy on normal too!

I didn't know that taunting increases your attack value, and that stringing combos together is so crucial (now I use my gun if enemies are far away to keep the combo going). So deep, so fun...sooooo satisfying!

Lord Phol

Could anyone be so kind to point out which post/page I should read to get some information on the PS3 version?
The demo was pretty fun, but I've been hearing worrying rumours about bad porting and framerate problems.

Lord Phol said:
Could anyone be so kind to point out which post/page I should read to get some information on the PS3 version?
The demo was pretty fun, but I've been hearing worrying rumours about bad porting and framerate problems.

What you saw in the demo is what you get, added with loading problems that I don't know if they're present in the PS3 demo.

If you didn't have any problem, or it was bearable for you, with the demo performance, you should be fine.

luffeN

a Master Ninja said:
"The World of Bayonetta" is fantastic; every game should do this.

3D Models of everything, very cool to see stuff like the Bat Within up close

Tons of Concept art, including early designs, little details like the satellite being a robot face, or a guide to translating all the angelic or demonic writing in the game if you are super crazy

The Entire Soundtrack, just amazing

And of course, the video that follows the credits

AND the
chapters in the credits xD where I first did not notice that you can actually get medals :D

Lord Phol said:

i'm playing through the game on PS3 and didn't notice any additional problems. so if you liked the demo, there is no reason to skip on the full game. i've noticed far less tearing in retail all around, but i know you're not allowed to say that in here :)

kaskade

There's an FYE in my mall and I saw that they had jennifer's body out to buy on DVD on Sunday. I didn't even realize it was suppose to be out today. I should have checked for the game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Preordered the 360 version at my GS today almost by accident. (Wasn't going to, but I went in to preorder Darksiders PS3. Even got a poster as a bonus!) Really wanted to get the PS3 version, due to a marked preference for that controller, but no way in hell am I supporting such a hack job port.

Mejilan said:
Preordered the 360 version at my GS today almost by accident. (Wasn't going to, but I went in to preorder Darksiders PS3. Even got a poster as a bonus!) Really wanted to get the PS3 version, due to a marked preference for that controller, but no way in hell am I supporting such a hack job port.

Are you planning on keeping the poster by any chance <:eek:?

I went to Bestbuy.com and did a search in pick up & availability within my area and it said that it's available...hmmmm, I'm going to check after work to see if they have them for sale.

BTW, my area is San Diego, CA.

black_vegeta said:
I went to Bestbuy.com and did a search in pick up & availability within my area and it said that it's available...hmmmm, I'm going to check after work to see if they have them for sale.

BTW, my area is San Diego, CA.
if you click to confirm your purchase, you'll see its really defaulting to preorder

Top Bottom