• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BAYONETTA An Action Game by Hideki Kamiya |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 30609
  • Start date

ecierif

black_vegeta said:
I went to Bestbuy.com and did a search in pick up & availability within my area and it said that it's available...hmmmm, I'm going to check after work to see if they have them for sale.

BTW, my area is San Diego, CA.
Don't expect to be successful. They do that for all pre-orders, I guess since they allow you to do in-store pickup. For example, Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption are also available.

ecierif said:
Don't expect to be successful. They do that for all pre-orders, I guess since they allow you to do in-store pickup. For example, Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption are also available.

Ohhhh, them shady bastards. Thanks for the heads up, I was about to set myself up a failure.

Given up trying to find it, so I put a pre-order down at Gamestop

When's the official release date? Since so many stores got it early, I assume it's not going to be shipped -> released like every other game and will just have a Tuesday street date release.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jan 5 in the States, Jan 8 in Europe. Australia gets it at some point in between. I expect retailers will sell it as soon as they get it.

mjc

ShockingAlberto said:
Given up trying to find it, so I put a pre-order down at Gamestop

When's the official release date? Since so many stores got it early, I assume it's not going to be shipped -> released like every other game and will just have a Tuesday street date release.

It's street dated for the 5th so it'll be available right at opening for most stores.

Retailers are selling it too in Spain, Sega really dropped the ball here, but maybe is not that a bad thing, broking the street date in the middle of Christmas....

For my part, I have the game pre-ordered on Play.com, I wish they could release it earlier too... :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"Bring me enough Halo's and I might be able to buy a ticket to outer space. Always wanted to be a bald space marine"

:lol

chandoog said:
"Bring me enough Halo's and I might be able to buy a ticket to outer space. Always wanted to be a bald space marine"

:lol
"No matter how much you ask, I'm not puttin' a chainsaw on your arm. So what do you want?"

CrisKre

All I have to say after putting more than 30 hours into this game is that is one of the best games I have ever played. Just brilliant.

Bayonetta on 360 and Darksiders on PS3, both come out on the same day, both already paid for... which to play first? Can I possibly be bothered to tear myself away from Demon's Souls?

Let's watch...

NIN90

Mango Positive said:
Bayonetta on 360 and Darksiders on PS3, both come out on the same day, both already paid for... which to play first? Can I possibly be bothered to tear myself away from Demon's Souls?

Let's watch...

Do want to play the game of your life before or after Darksiders?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd play Darksiders. It might be hard to get yourself pumped up for it if you play Bayonetta first, whereas Bayonetta is going to be one of those games that people are going to go bananas for, so the excitement will still be here waiting for you when you're done with Darksiders.

NIN90

Is there a guide for all the collectible stuff (Alfheims, LPs etc.) available?

I have already planned out the next THREE playthroughs. :lol

First I'll get all collectibles, then I'll do an all-platinum run on normal and then I'll tackle hard mode.
Did I mention that Bayonetta is my GOTY?

burgerdog

It's always the last few days that feel like an eternity. I remember whining about the delay from Oct to Jan as if it was yesterday. :lol

Nemesis_

Rez said:
Jan 5 in the States, Jan 8 in Europe. Australia gets it at some point in between. I expect retailers will sell it as soon as they get it.

Strictly street dated for the 7th. I noticed you didn't even put that date in the OP either. U_U

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't find it when making the OP.

I'll be able to get a copy by the fifth, depends on when a local place gets their stock in. =p

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
GraveRobberX said:
I was already sold on the game, but that commercial is making me go apeshit

La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix) 30 second spot is amazing

For those who want to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8strvZ404Y

I need this game Nooooooowwwww!!!!

Let me tell you something. This commercial (and the longer one) has cost the game over 5 pre-orders at my store. The only five pre-orders we managed to get people to do. As such, this commercial sucks.

Out of all the crazy shit you can do in the game, they slow everything down to this nonsense? Retarded marketing. They would be better off using the JP commercial wih english VO.

Curufinwe

Has the bullshit in the Team Xbox review been discussed in here? Search thread isn't working for me.

The combo system and character movement bear much more resemblance to the nuanced control of Ninja Gaiden than Devil May Cry, which is a good thing

Bayonetta is more like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry doesn't have nuanced control? :lol Only the most extreme Ninja Gaiden fanboy/DMC hater would make such a claim, given how similar Bayonetta is to Devil May Cry and given who created both games. But Arthur has established himself as exactly that on the Rebel FM podcasts this year. He even claimed that Capcom would be disappointed with the sales of DMC 4, even though at 2.4 million it sold more than any of the three previous games in the series, and did better than Ninja Gaiden 2/Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

Tokubetsu

Kintaro said:
Let me tell you something. This commercial (and the longer one) has cost the game over 5 pre-orders at my store. The only five pre-orders we managed to get people to do. As such, this commercial rocks.

Fixed.

Kintaro said:
Let me tell you something. This commercial (and the longer one) has cost the game over 5 pre-orders at my store. The only five pre-orders we managed to get people to do. As such, this commercial sucks.

Out of all the crazy shit you can do in the game, they slow everything down to this nonsense? Retarded marketing. They would be better off using the JP commercial wih english VO.

Wait, wait, wait, wait. Describe the situation for me. Someone is at your store, ready to pre-order, credit card is totes out of the wallet, they see that, and then what happens?

I just noticed a nice little touch with one of the bosses.

Normally when using the beast within, the flowers it leaves behind appear wilted and black. But if you use it when running on one of Iustia's tentacles they will appear red/pink and are alive because Iustia is the Bringer of Life(and his element is earth).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
BenjaminBirdie said:
Wait, wait, wait, wait. Describe the situation for me. Someone is at your store, ready to pre-order, credit card is totes out of the wallet, they see that, and then what happens?

"Is that the game? <points to the commercial on the HDTV behind me>"
"Yes, sir."
"<looks at it> You know what? No thanks. Lets do Army of Two 2 instead."
"...Uh, okay dokie."
"Yeah, that looks stupid."

Another example.

<commercial plays>
"That was for Bayonetta right?"
"Yeah."
"I have that on pre-order. Let me switch that something else."
"...Okay..."

Out of the five preorders, four of them were the second example. one of them was the first example. All of them knew about the demo as well.

Tokubetsu said:

No sure how that is :fixed" since pre-orders are the life blood of your game unless your name is "Nintendo."

What kind of person preorders something like freakin BAYONETTA, and cancels the preorder because of a commercial? Didn't they know what they were getting into in the first place?

One week until the GOTF

MrDaravon

Net_Wrecker said:
What kind of person preorders something like freakin BAYONETTA, and cancels the preorder because of a commercial? Didn't they know what they were getting into in the first place?

Seeing gameplay from this game versus the cutscenes are pretty radically different things. Fuck, I'm looking forward to this game and have beaten super embarrassing shit like FFX-2 and SO4, and even I fucking cringe at almost all of the cutscene/non-direct gameplay footage I've seen. They need to be marketing this game waaaay differently than they currently are in the US right now; everyone who knows better is still down, but casuals who get interested because they remember liking DMC and God of War are probably horribly turned off when they see most of what's being presented by the marketing here. Most people probably actually DON'T know what they're getting into.

ryuen

For all the Sacramento GAF'fers, there are 2 copies of Bayonetta on 360 and 1 on PS3 at the Elk Grove Best Buy.

SailorDaravon said:
Seeing gameplay from this game versus the cutscenes are pretty radically different things. Fuck, I'm looking forward to this game and have beaten super embarrassing shit like FFX-2 and SO4, and even I fucking cringe at almost all of the cutscene/non-direct gameplay footage I've seen. They need to be marketing this game waaaay differently than they currently are in the US right now; everyone who knows better is still down, but casuals who get interested because they remember liking DMC and God of War are probably horribly turned off when they see most of what's being presented by the marketing here. Most people probably actually DON'T know what they're getting into.

That's the thing, casuals have NO IDEA that this game is from the creator of DMC. I was guessing that anyone PREORDERING this game had to have some knowledge of what he/she was getting themselves into which is why I think that someone canceling their preorder because of the commercial is dumb.

For instance, if I had no idea what Bayonetta was, I would never preorder the game. Hell, I barely preorder games I KNOW will be great, much less a brand new IP.

Tokubetsu

Net_Wrecker said:

One week until the GOTF

Used to have a running joke with some friends before Halo 3 came out. We'd call it King of Games 3. Bayonetta is King of Games 3: Kamiya Edition

And Net Wrecker, I think its just a stupid casual thing to pre-order shit you're not even sure about. Who the fuck does that? Thats like pre-ordering a movie just because the poster looked cool.

Dahbomb

Curufinwe said:
Has the bullshit in the Team Xbox review been discussed in here? Search thread isn't working for me.

Bayonetta is more like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry doesn't have nuanced control? :lol Only the most extreme Ninja Gaiden fanboy/DMC hater would make such a claim, given how similar Bayonetta is to Devil May Cry and given who created both games. But Arthur has established himself as exactly that on the Rebel FM podcasts this year. He even claimed that Capcom would be disappointed with the sales of DMC 4, even though at 2.4 million it sold more than any of the three previous games in the series, and did better than Ninja Gaiden 2/Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.
Reading the review, the guy sounded like a pussy. Seems like he had a hard time with Bayonetta even though from most gamer impressions it doesn't seem that hard at all, especially coming from someone who is comparing this to NG. I don't know what "nuance" he is referring to, I think it maybe the move list selection which is structured kind of like NG's I guess you could say but that is where the similarities stop. I can say for sure that Bayonetta is far more like DMC than NG.

I don't really know anything about this Arthur guy or whatever... it seems that he was also fairly put down by the style of the game and it's general over the topness. Pretty much all of the 2nd page of the review discussed this. He doesn't really highlight any true FLAW in the game play he just says that sometimes it tries to be like God of War, other times like Ninja Gaiden and other times like DMC.

He also referred to DMC as a style fluff over substance type game in the review. And yeah, DMC4 is the best selling DMC game and even DMC series' lowest selling game DMC2 has sold more than any NG game to date. He needs to get his facts checked.

Capcom was only disappointed in DMC4's PC sales, which is where he might have got his sources wrong. Capcom said that DMC4 despite doing so well on consoles didn't do as well on PC and it fell prey to piracy. But the real reason is that A) PC version came a long time after console versions B) Most people thought it was gonna suck after the shitty job that was done with DMC3SE PC version C) Others were just fed up of DMC4 and didn't want to play the PC version. Sadly the DMC4 PC version is by far the singular BEST version.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Korey said:
I've had people tell me this game looks like a "game for chicks". I agree the marketing could be better.
it's not Sega's fault that those dudes are scared off by female protagonists.

DR2K

Banned
I thought the Bayonetta commercial was great, but it didn't really convey what the game was all about. Hopefully it's enough to get enough. If everyone keeps hyping it up the main stream would have to start noticing it.

andymcc

Banned
my friend, who is a manager at a nearby gamestop, told me she is the only worker at the store that has preordered a copy and that everyone that works there refuses to play it because it's too effeminate. :lol

western gamers and their false desire for mature games.

GraveRobberX said:

La Roux - In For The Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Mix) 30 second spot is amazing

they should of used "bulletproof" by La Roux instead. it fits the game's theme even better. :lol (not to mention it's catchier...)

GraveRobberX said:

I hate that song. She's a total fucking ripoff of Lady Gaga and the bell percussion in the background is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

andymcc

Banned
ChoklitReign said:
I hate that song. She's a total fucking ripoff of Lady Gaga and the bell percussion in the background is worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.

:lol all girls that sing synth pop are rip-offs of lady gaga!!

Top Bottom