• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

antitrop

The first ten minutes of this game will BLOW YOU AWAY. Turn up the volume. Holy shit what an intro.

I was just watching Digital Foundry's comparison of the 360/PS3/WiiU versions and they showed the intro, reminding me how incredible it is.

Can't wait to play this for the 4th time, tomorrow!

Monocle

So GAF should I play bayo1 before bayo2 on my wii u? Or am I going to get tired of bayo by then...???
Yes. There's not the slightest chance you'll get tired of Bayonetta if you enjoy action games. I've been playing Bayonetta 1 on and off for four years with no burnout and I'm dying to play the sequel.

You'll like Bayonetta 2 even more when you know how it improves on the original.

Oh yeah, got a message that it's ready for pick up for me, so will go pick it up in the morning. Had an exam week so got no homework for next week, and thus will have the whole weekend for it. Dunno if I'll even touch Bayo 2 until I've played the first one through at least a couple of times, but preferably to near 100% - though I don't know if I have the patience for that.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I was just watching Digital Foundry's comparison of the 360/PS3/WiiU versions and they showed the intro, reminding me how incredible it is.

Can't wait to play this for the 4th time, tomorrow!

Dat One of a Kind track plus fighting on a falling clock face. Great start to the game. Still one of my favourite tracks in the game with You may call be father and fly me to the moon.

Did I seriously get 5 continues on chapter 2 because I failed several times at 1 QTE? That's harsh man. Also, how do you find those optional encounters? I always have multiple black encounter dots at the final result screen but I have no idea how to find them.

Sayter

Did I seriously get 5 continues on chapter 2 because I failed several times at 1 QTE? That's harsh man. Also, how do you find those optional encounters? I always have multiple black encounter dots at the final result screen but I have no idea how to find them.

I think you need to go back and redo the stage after you've played through it once.

Try going backwards, sometimes you trigger encounters by revisiting areas. Alfheim portals also count as encounters and they are hidden in the levels.

Ah man, more Platinum BS QTEs... hated them in the first game, damn. Only done the prologue so far.

Optional encounters are probably like other P* games. You might need to revisit certain areas.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Trust me. Bayo 2 can wait. these are games you will be playing years from now. another couple days wont hurt.

Just make sure you read the journals as well as watch the cutscenes. Bayonetta gets criticised for a nonsensical story but if you put the effort in, its actually quite straight forward to follow.

Not only that, but I personally beleive running through the two games as one epic is one of the best gaming experiences you can ever have. Think Sonic 3 & knuckles :- Thats Bayonetta 1 and 2.

Thanks for advice! I will do that.

ghibli99

zlcfzsgdzny2tew4mzh1e3w.jpeg
This absolutely killed me! LOL

I'm currently to Chapter VIII in the 360 version and it's been fantastic. Frickin' screen tearing, though. Glad that's gone in the Wii U update!

I think you need to go back and redo the stage after you've played through it once.

Try going backwards, sometimes you trigger encounters by revisiting areas. Alfheim portals also count as encounters and they are hidden in the levels.

Ah man, more Platinum BS QTEs... hated them in the first game, damn. Only done the prologue so far.

Optional encounters are probably like other P* games. You might need to revisit certain areas.

Allright I'll keep my eyes open. I also had trouble finding most of those challenge gates in The Wonderful 101. Just got another continue in chapter 3 by missing the same type of QTE. Those come out of nowhere and the timing is pretty strict, I hope they won't occur that often.

zroid

Banned
Game has shipped so I'll be getting it tomorrow for sure. :)

Probably won't have much time to play till November, but I'll definitely give it a quick go.

Cosmozone

I'll play this first for sure. Was in three shops today to see if I could get it a day earlier, but no luck. Or I was lucky to not find it so I don't have to choose between playing Bayonetta or watching the Smash Direct, hehe.

Regiruler

Not a tremendous fan of having stuff just given to you, but whatever.
(I don't have the game yet, just a comment towards the Nintendo costumes).

I'm debating whether or not I should get a Wii U for this. On the one hand, Shopto has a decent bundle deal with the special edition. On the other hand, I'm a cheap bastard and I always worry about a cheaper deal coming along..

popyea

Not a tremendous fan of having stuff just given to you, but whatever.
(I don't have the game yet, just a comment towards the Nintendo costumes).

The game still has plenty of other unlockables, some of which you really do have to work for. It was a good idea to include some of the new stuff upfront so that veterans have incentive to play through the game again I think.

Delstius

First time with the beast, kind of wondering if starting on normal was a good idea as there's a lot to learn by yourself and also a lot to unlock. 4h in and the camera and locking system are my worst enemy so far though.

Almost time to download it! i'll probably be playing two first but will def go back and replay this later......had a blast with it on 360 back when it was first released.

Kinsei

Banned
First time with the beast, kind of wondering if starting on normal was a good idea as there's a lot to learn by yourself and also a lot to unlock. 4h in and the camera and locking system are my worst enemy so far though.

You're using lock on? Don't do that.

The one thing I hope they've kept relatively secret, but is in there regardless, is a costume that brings in Bayonetta's look from the second game. *Unlockable spoiler for Bayonetta 2, WARNING*
Since the Bayo 1 look is available as an option in Bayo 2, why not vice-versa?

robotrock

Banned
I think Jubileus is my second favorite final boss ever, after Senator Armstrong (from MGR, of course).

IMO Senator Armstrong is on a whole other level than the Bayonetta final boss, only because of his personality. I can't remember anything about the Bayonetta final boss fight other than the gameplay mechanics.

WonderzL

Banned
A friend of mine that's, like, the biggest Bayonetta fan I know told me to play on hard. How do you guys feel about that? He is just as good/bad as me with videogames. He said he struggled a lot, but once it clicked, Bayonetta on hard was one of his best video game experiences.

Top Bottom