• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

Coda

A friend of mine that's, like, the biggest Bayonetta fan I know told me to play on hard. How do you guys feel about that? He is just as good/bad as me with videogames. He said he struggled a lot, but once it clicked, Bayonetta on hard was one of his best video game experiences.

I'd start on Normal to get the feel of the game and the mechanics. Hard is really punishing in the later levels, it wont be much fun if you've never really mastered the game itself and even other action games which require a similar sort of dexterity and finesse.

popyea

A friend of mine that's, like, the biggest Bayonetta fan I know told me to play on hard. How do you guys feel about that? He is just as good/bad as me with videogames. He said he struggled a lot, but once it clicked, Bayonetta on hard was one of his best video game experiences.

Well, you can't initially. It unlocks after you finish the game. I wouldn't recommend anyone start on hard anyway since it has late-game encounters appearing straight away.

Telling someone new to the game to start on Hard (not that you even can) is like handing someone a pot of boiling water and going "Here, I didn't feel like you scalded yourself enough today."

Astral Dog

IMO Senator Armstrong is on a whole other level than the Bayonetta final boss, only because of his personality. I can't remember anything about the Bayonetta final boss fight other than the gameplay mechanics.

Really, that made Jubileus stand out to me, the music was amazing, had a very cool design,she was the most intimidating of the angels,using all of their powers, Jeanne
supposedly died, Balder too
she had no dialogue, but you got the feeling you were battling an abomination, thats kinda different from the silly dialogue of Armstrong
And the final boss of Bayonetta 2
but not worse imo.

As someone who didn't have much experience in this genre of games I started on hard, quickly dropped down to normal and then later to easy. After getting the hang of it went the ladder back up again, straight to hard , after that back to normal again and finally infinite climax. The game has a good learning curve imo and you should try out differen difficulty-settings.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Bayo's final boss is made awesome by the music and the lead up. The scenario escalates and becomes something totally ridiculous, and the final punch seals the deal. The fight itself isn't anything particularly amazing though.

Armstrong on the other hand is fucking awesome due to the sheer idiocy, hammy dialogue, and the intense one-on-one battle. Beating Armstrong on my first run, on hard, was just so fucking satisfying.

Didn't play the demo cause I wanted to have my first experience to be of the whole package. Got my copy ready for pickup but all my damn work with school plus my job probably means I won't get to play it for a while ;_;

Decided to replay this before starting 2 as it has been a while since I played it. Using the Link costume. Worth it just for the rupees and the accompanying sound.

Spent a few more hours playing this today. I've finally got back in my groove. I've even started to try and get used to the dodge offset technique as its really useful. I'm not great at that just yet but I think I'll get the hang of it. I've forgotten just how rewarding this game could be once it clicks.

buffi

Banned
bdAfh9Sl.jpg

:D

MrWisker

Little pissy this morning. Went to my local WalMart to pick up the game and of course the game did not ship to them. This is not the first time a Wii-U game has not been available in stores on release date and it is getting a bit frustrating.

Did not want to go digital only with the game but it looks like I may be forced to.

Siegmeyer

Hard is locked until you finish Normal. It's annoying as I wanted to quickly burn through Bayo 1 before 2, but had to select Normal. The game is way more enjoyable on Hard once you have a decent grasp of the mechanics.

ChuckNyce

Opinions please - I was planning on picking up the physical disk with Bayo 1 and 2 in a few hours and starting with the first since I only got through a few hours of the PS3 version previously. Looking on the eShop though, it looks like I can buy and download Bayo 1 for $30 and then buy Bayo 2 for $30 later down the line. My question is, has Nintendo gotten any better with digital game purchases? As in, if my Wii U bricks for some reason, is it going to be a pain in the ass to get access to download all my games again on a new console? I've just heard lots of horror stories in the past concerning stuff like this.

TimeKillr

Does anybody know if the Lt. Col. Kilgore glitch is still in this version of Bayo 1? I highly doubt it, but it was on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, and while it sorta broke the game it was also super fun to use...

**edit** heh, apparently I'm not the only one...

BadWolf

Consider this:

The only difference between Hard and Infinite Climax (the hardest difficulty, think Dante Must Die) is that IC has no regular Witch Time. Otherwise they are the same.

Start on Normal and enjoy the game. Go to a higher difficulty if you want to git gud.

Kouriozan

Starting with a platinum trophy for the prologue, the first weapon take a bit to get used to after playing Bayonetta 2 demo for a long time.
By the way, there was only Very Easy/Easy and Normal difficulty at first. I guess you unlock hard after finishing it at Normal, right?

atr0cious

As in, if my Wii U bricks for some reason, is it going to be a pain in the ass to get access to download all my games again on a new console? I've just heard lots of horror stories in the past concerning stuff like this.
If you have a club Nintendo and nnid tied together, you're pretty much bullet proof.

silva1991

Does anybody know if the Lt. Col. Kilgore glitch is still in this version of Bayo 1? I highly doubt it, but it was on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 version, and while it sorta broke the game it was also super fun to use...

**edit** heh, apparently I'm not the only one...

was it really a glitch though? it seemed like a secret combo to me

Strider

Never played Bayonetta so I'm glad this OT popped up. Playing Bayo 1/2 while taking the occasional turn in Beyond Earth is gonna make for a great weekend :D

ScOULaris

Getting the game today, but I really can't decide which of the two games I should play first. I want to play Bayo 2, but I might be convinced to play through 1 first so that the superior sequel doesn't dull its impact.

Either way I fear that whichever one I play second will suffer for it.

BadWolf

Getting the game today, but I really can't decide which of the two games I should play first. I want to play Bayo 2, but I might be convinced to play through 1 first so that the superior sequel doesn't dull its impact.

Either way I fear that whichever one I play second will suffer for it.

Play 1 first, 2 is a direct sequel.

Unai

Wasn't Bayonetta free if I got Bayonetta 2? I bought Bayonetta 2 through the Canadian eShop but I still have to pay $9.99 to buy Bayonetta 1.

Edit:

North America - All copies of Bayonetta 2 will include a disc of Bayonetta 1 in the same case. Purchase Bayonetta 2 on the Eshop and get a discount for Bayonetta 1 for a total cost of $59.98.

Never mind.

Sadist

Hmm, okay, I'm getting the hang of this. Still no platinum medal overall, but gold rankings after the end of a chapter is a good improvement.

*Chapter 5 starts, Grace and Glory come out to play*

Well, fuck you too game.

Top Bottom