• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

Kouriozan

The second Alfheim with limited kicks/punches was a bit hard, but did it in 5 tries, with the first weapon.
Holding attacks with the PPKKK combo with some dodge offset for the win.
Already got a few PP/Platinum but that come from the Bayonetta 2 demo I think.

Reclaimer

OP says no spoilers? I don't think you guys understand.

Spoilers on all sorts of stuff in here! Even videos of the final boss/area clearly visible in YouTube preview thumbnail!

Gaf not giving a fuck about the newcomers to Bayo.

Teletraan1

Banned
Can't get this until Saturday. Will definitely start with 1 since I have never played it. Was thinking of getting the disc release but I have a huge HDD on my wiiu and I love just starting a game with no disc.

Kinsei

Banned
I was supposed to have the day off today for Bayonetta. I'm heading to work in 5 minutes ;_;

Hmm, okay, I'm getting the hang of this. Still no platinum medal overall, but gold rankings after the end of a chapter is a good improvement.

*Chapter 5 starts, Grace and Glory come out to play*

Well, fuck you too game.

Grace and Glory are my favorite enemies in the game.

B0tjqeEIYAATUt9.jpg:large
B0tjl9PCIAAsB6y.jpg:large

‏@Fattony12000
#GBXL
1:22 PM - 24 Oct 2014

fred

Okay Bayonetta-GAF, what should I do..?

I've put 58 hours into Hyrule Warriors so far and am nowhere near finishing it. Have nearly done the first campaign but am halfway through Adventure Mode. And I've gone nowhere near any of the DLC yet.

Am getting the Special Edition of Bayonetta U from my Mum for my birthday on Tuesday.

Do I interrupt Hyrule Warriors for Bayonetta 1 on Tuesday or do I ignore her seductive voice and finish the first campaign before succumbing to her advances..?

Dereck

I'm playing this, and it runs so much more smoothly than what I'm used to, that I can't tell if this is 30 fps locked, or not, is this game 30 fps?

KHlover

Banned
I was supposed to have the day off today for Bayonetta. I'm heading to work in 5 minutes ;_;

Grace and Glory are my favorite enemies in the game.
Same here. Grace and Glory are so fun to play against. Overall I really suck at this game (always get stone ranking at the end of the chapter since I screw up QTE so often XD), but Grace and Glory I just own. Why do people dislike them? Their attacks are pretty straightforward and easy to trigger Witch Time with. Sword+Shotgun ftw. Also always fun to finish battles against them with the Portal attack or the Breakdance move. Klick-Klick-Klick *Bayonetta posing like a boss*.

(Normal difficulty since first playthrough)

BadWolf

Same here. Grace and Glory are so fun to play against. Overall I really suck at this game (always get stone ranking at the end of the chapter since I screw up QTE so often XD), but Grace and Glory I just own. Why do people dislike them? Their attacks are pretty straightforward and easy to trigger Witch Time with. Sword+Shotgun ftw. Also always fun to finish battles against them with the Portal attack or the Breakdance move. Klick-Klick-Klick *Bayonetta posing like a boss*.

(Normal difficulty since first playthrough)

The real fun is fighting them in Infinite Climax without Witch Time.

Blizzard

Banned
Framerate kinda sucks btw, at some moments.
Is it at least about the same as the 360/PS3 at those moments? (And which moments, if it's not too spoilery? I still haven't gotten my copy.)

Thank you

I think the digital foundry analysis said it varies, might be an average of more like 40 fps than 60 fps. Sometimes 60, sometimes maybe under 40. There's video somewhere but I don't have the link.

Seik

Banned
I think the digital foundry analysis said it varies, might be an average of more like 40 fps than 60 fps. Sometimes 60, sometimes maybe under 40. There's video somewhere but I don't have the link.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-bayonetta-wii-u-face-off

Seems equivalent or a bit better than the 360 version, without screen tearing. While sometimes the 360 version is better than the Wii U during a second. Both seems pretty equal, framerate-wise.

Considering that I hate screen tearing from the very bottom of my soul, Wii U version wins by default though.

EDIT: Don't even bring that horrible PS3 port job in this, it's always around or below 30fps, for shame.

Shahadan

Is it at least about the same as the 360/PS3 at those moments? (And which moments, if it's not too spoilery? I still haven't gotten my copy.)

I haven't played it on ps360 so I couldn't say, but it can slow down for a second or two in heavy battle scenes. It's not that often, but noticeable.

However I just completed Chapter XII on the Walkyrie, and my god it was like I was playing the game on a PC from 1998. It was a pain for the entire level, it dropped below 30fps for sure during most of the chapter. I don't know if it's just for me though, we'll have to ask someone else.

Blizzard

Banned
I haven't played it on ps360 so I couldn't say, but it can slow down for a second or two in heavy battle scenes. It's not that often, but noticeable.

However I just completed Chapter XII on the Walkyrie, and my god it was like I was playing the game on a PC from 1998. It was a pain for the entire level, it dropped below 30fps for sure during most of the chapter. I don't know if it's just for me though, we'll have to ask someone else.
Thanks, hopefully chapters like that are the exception rather than the norm then.

Moongazer

Played Bayonetta 1 for a few hours and I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first time I played the game. I had 360 copy years ago but never got very far in the game, I remember finding it very difficult and gave up on like the first proper boss fight where you have to dodge some fireballs. I don't have a whole lot of experience with DMC style action games but this time I managed to get through that fight and it feels a lot more satisfying. Feeling a lot more motivated to get through both this and hopefully Bayonetta 2.

Oh man, can you turn off panther mode? This makes fights almost unplayable. Or are there other control options for which you don't have to let go of the left stick everytime you wanna dogde?

BadWolf

Oh man, can you turn off panther mode? This makes fights almost unplayable. Or are there other control options for which you don't have to let go of the left stick everytime you wanna dogde?

You don't need to let go of the stick to dodge (you can dodge in any direction), if you are entering Panther mode all the time then you are mashing the dodge button (Panther is activated via a double tap of the dodge button). Just press it once or not too fast if you want multiple dodges.

You can't turn the Panther off unfortunately.

walnuts

I've been for 2 hours playing Bayonetta. The game is pretty cool, but I think the camera has many issues to fix, it's not easy to control, I feel like it moves to places I don't want to.

Otherwise, pretty fun. I got a Platinum at the prologue, and Gold at the first chapter. Now it's time to play the second.

Bayonetta 2 Demo was very colorful, I think the new game improves a lot the graphic style, now I feel like the first game is very dark (graphically). Happy to know Platinum improved this for the sequel.

By the way, my gamepad ran out of batteries two days ago, I wanted to play with the pro-controller, but the game didn't let me play unless the gamepad was turned on. I had to plug it to play. This game needs a patch to fix this soon. I could play the Bayo 2 Demo with the pro-controller even with the gamepad batteries 0% charged, and the demo didn't give me any problems at all.

Congratulations and thanks PG for this great game.

83STu4E.jpg

You don't need to let go of the stick to dodge (you can dodge in any direction), if you are entering Panther mode all the time then you are mashing the dodge button (Panther is activated via a double tap of the dodge button). Just press it once or not too fast if you want multiple dodges.

You can't turn the Panther off unfortunately.

ugh, this will take some time to get used to... Especially coming from being LTTP on several character action games this year that encouraged rapid dogding.

Lucifon

Anyone else playing the full game in the Link costume :D?

Also, are these tutorials at the start new, or did the original do this? I only played a few levels of the original on 360 and it just didn't click, but I'm already loving this.

I hate how the disk drive chunters away like a last gen game :( it's so distracting and loud.

I found a glitch in the first level... the first angel boss didn't spawn for me. Might be cus I skipped the cutscene just before it. Wearing the Metroid outfit btw.

Man, I missed out by not playing this on the Xbox 360. What a game so far. In fact, I'm liking it so much I gotta go out and drink tonight and no, it's not because it's friday. One thing though, Bayonetta 2 demo felt more colourful, didn't tire me as much to look at it. The game does get a bit more colourful after the first chapters but still... eh. Anyway, this is a blessing from Nintendo, two of these will be, and already is, a blast.

OmegaDL50

Aww yeah. I just grabbed my copy of Bayonetta 2 from Best Buy.

I never played the first one so I'm starting this up for the first time.

Going to enjoy this.

If you're replaying a chapter, do you have to redo a previously completed alheim challenge too, or does it still count ftom last time?

Peff

If you're replaying a chapter, do you have to redo a previously completed alheim challenge too, or does it still count ftom last time?

If you want the Pure Platinum award, yes, if you're just trying to get the "achievement" for all the Alfheim challenges, no, once is enough.

Plowed through a load of chapters today, just finished chapter 14. The
Space Harrier
level went on longer than I remember (could have been half the length to be honest.

Still, the
Jeanne
boss battle at the end of the chapter was even more epic than I remember. I still ended up screwing up (stupid instant death QTE...) but the rest of the battle was ace. Now if I can only do the boss fight without losing so much health!

If you want the Pure Platinum award, yes, if you're just trying to get the "achievement" for all the Alfheim challenges, no, once is enough.
Yeah, I meant for the score. I accidentally pressed no when asked to continue after dying, so I'm replaying part of a chapter. Guess I'll do that challenge again.

Cosmozone

Started playing and it's a ton of fun, but boy, judging from the demo alone, Bayo 2 is going to be a great improvement. Looking so forward to it.

Top Bottom