• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta: Special Edition |OT| Fly Me To Wii U

ghibli99

Finished it!
Got mostly Stone Awards overall like a boss.
Glad I'm not the only one! :D

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01c4rn3.jpg

That's just amazing, and it comes with his roar too.
LOL, wow! I can't wait for this... c'mon UPS, hurry up!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't used my Wii U in months so excuse me if it's obvious, but how do you turn off that dumb miiverse icon in the corner when using off TV play? Frankly it's ruining the experience.

Also are the controls remappable? Can't stand the Wii U's ZR for dodging and would rather map it to R.

I can't stop playing it. I promised myself I would only play the original for 30 minutes before popping in 2. Here I am, chapter 4 and wondering how long it'll take me to finish it. What a fantastic game the original was.

Blizzard

Banned
Oops, apparently the fast on-disc system update isn't enough, and now I have a 20-minute internet update. >_>

Although I'm an idiot and forgot to plug in a wired LAN adapter first. That might have helped out.

So little over $30 for the digital copy of the first game in Canada? I think I'll grab it then either pick up the boxed copy of 2 on sale or the digital one for $30 down the road.

The digital $30 promo for 2 after buying the first game doesn't expire soon, does it?

Blizzard

Banned
Gamepad is a little uncomfortable playing this. I think I'm finally going to go buy a Pro controller
I remembered the pro controller as being very comfortable, but when I tried to use it recently for Mario Kart 8, the right buttons were really annoying / uncomfortable to use with my thumb. I can see why many controllers use the assymetrical layout instead.

I'm hoping there is just a better way to position my right hand to be able to still use the ABXY buttons, but not hurt anything ergonomically.

PetrCobra

Played for over 4 hours, pretty satisfying. Found two Alfheim missions, one that I gave up (was supposed to stay in the air for 20 seconds), the second one I managed to finish on the first try (kill enemies, witch time off).
I just wish there weren't those punishing QTEs.

BadWolf

Played for over 4 hours, pretty satisfying. Found two Alfheim missions, one that I gave up (was supposed to stay in the air for 20 seconds), the second one I managed to finish on the first try (kill enemies, witch time off).

It's better to do the Alfheims later when you have more weapons and abilities.

There is one weapon that let's you stay in the air a long time for example.

Kouriozan

Yeah, I knew about the QTE in Chapter 2 and it still surprised me with how quick you need to react.
Ended up with Silver instead of Gold :(

Brofield

Just got started playing Bayo 1, and I'm already hooked. For some reason though I feel the timing is slightly off to activate Witch Time from the Bayo 2 demo.

Also, Son Of D, I saw your post in the custom cover art thread with alt boxart for the game. I think everyone should get a chance to check it out.

My question to you is you also said you had a boxart for the double pack in progress. Did you ever upload that? Personally it bugs me I don't have boxart that showcases both Bayo's in a neat little package with both character designs, and I'd love to see what you could whip up

Fbh

Went sick to work today, felt like crap the whole day and the only good thing was knowing that after work I would pick up Bayonetta 2.

Sadly, I just can't find a place selling it for less than $80.... $80!!!!
I'm sorry, I really want this game but I won't spend fucking $80.

Now I'm sad... and I'm still feeling like crap :(

Drago

Just made it to Chapter 2, started about an hour ago.

This game is giving me serious DMC1 vibes and I love it (as to be expected from the very same director!). So many great little SEGA references too, and the game just plays like a dream. Really loving it!

Just got started playing Bayo 1, and I'm already hooked. For some reason though I feel the timing is slightly off to activate Witch Time from the Bayo 2 demo.

Also, Son Of D, I saw your post in the custom cover art thread with alt boxart for the game. I think everyone should get a chance to check it out.

My question to you is you also said you had a boxart for the double pack in progress. Did you ever upload that? Personally it bugs me I don't have boxart that showcases both Bayo's in a neat little package with both character designs, and I'd love to see what you could whip up

They made witch time a bit easier to activate in the sequel.

playing these games with the pro controller is throwing me off slightly because I was just playing on 360.

I haven't played Bayo 1 on Wii U just yet, but I'm having this issue with Bayo 2. I'm struggling to get used to it. I love the Pro pad, but I played the first game on 360 a tonne and I really wish I could use that pad again for this.

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 2 just ruined my platinum streak T_T. I bet had I not failed the QTE at the end I would have gotten plat instead of gold.

Tuck

Played to the end of chapter 1.

God this game is so fucked up.

Don't like the longish cutscenes, but the gameplay is ace.

Blizzard

Banned
Went sick to work today, felt like crap the whole day and the only good thing was knowing that after work I would pick up Bayonetta 2.

Sadly, I just can't find a place selling it for less than $80.... $80!!!!
I'm sorry, I really want this game but I won't spend fucking $80.

Now I'm sad... and I'm still feeling like crap :(
Ouch, what geographic region are you in? You should be able to download it on the eShop as a last resort if that helps, or order from an online retailer.

Eyothrie

I've been playing for a couple hours. I get it now. Holy shit.

Anyone playing with the Classic Pro Controller? How is it?

I started the game with the gamepad. It felt a tad uncomfortable to me, so I switched to the Pro controller. It feels so much better with it imo

finally got a little playtime in

so much better than watching it on let's play video

enjoyed it but will make a run after I get some sleep trying not to rush this to play 2

Hmm, okay, I'm getting the hang of this. Still no platinum medal overall, but gold rankings after the end of a chapter is a good improvement.

*Chapter 5 starts, Grace and Glory come out to play*

Well, fuck you too game.

Tell me about it. I beat the first set with no problems and then the next two times in that chapter fighting them, I died more times than I could count.

JohngPR

I played halfway through the 360 one but got sidetracked with other games and never got back around to it. I'm glad that they released this for the Wii U because it gives me a great reason to start replaying the first one....getting to play the sequel!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0188bi7.jpg

Settin

Hmm, okay, I'm getting the hang of this. Still no platinum medal overall, but gold rankings after the end of a chapter is a good improvement.

*Chapter 5 starts, Grace and Glory come out to play*

Well, fuck you too game.
Grace and Glory are the first skill check in this game
Later On you have
Gracious and Glorius, who are faster and hit harder. On non-stop infinite climax difficulty you'll have 3-4 gracious/glorious at a time

Revven

Okay, two immediate pet peeves so far:

1. Can't pick a different controller/button layout like you can in Bayo 2 (unless I'm just not seeing it???)

2. QTEs are pretty unforgiving unlike Platinum's more recent games (W101, Rising). You can't mash the button in anticipation for it if you know ahead of time and you have a very small window (at least of the two QTEs I've died from so far) to react and then press the button told to press. This will definitely impact my first rankings of some chapters despite how good I might perform in the rest of the chapter. :/

Aside from those two gripes, I love the game so far. Very very similar to Rising in terms of how combos and everything works (there's, of course, some minor differences that are to be expected but I already see quite a few similar moves that were in Rising -- guess now I know why people made those comparisons and such). It's just too bad I probably won't be able to play as much as I'd like to this weekend because I have to study like mad for an upcoming exam on Tuesday. :/

Coda

1. Can't pick a different controller/button layout like you can in Bayo 2 (unless I'm just not seeing it???)

2. QTEs are pretty unforgiving unlike Platinum's more recent games (W101, Rising). You can't mash the button in anticipation for it if you know ahead of time and you have a very small window (at least of the two QTEs I've died from so far) to react and then press the button told to press. This will definitely impact my first rankings of some chapters despite how good I might perform in the rest of the chapter. :/

Aside from those two gripes, I love the game so far. Very very similar to Rising in terms of how combos and everything works (there's, of course, some minor differences that are to be expected but I already see quite a few similar moves that were in Rising -- guess now I know why people made those comparisons and such). It's just too bad I probably won't be able to play as much as I'd like to this weekend because I have to study like mad for an upcoming exam on Tuesday. :/

It's just in the options menu under Controls. I personally play with Type B.

Settin

Some of the QTEs are total horseshit. I can beat the game with all platinums but the QTE on chapter 3 still kills me.

Meeps

I died FOUR TIMES on the QTE in Chapter 2. Now I at least understand how the timing works, but holy crap. Other than that it's amazing so far!

Top Bottom