• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beachbody Workouts |OT| Gaf Does P90/X/X2, Insanity/Asylum, T-25 and More!

gcubed

i fail at getting much more then 1500 calories in a day, i'm just not hungry.

Breakfast -
Fiber One w/ almond milk
Scrambled Eggs
1 slice of whole wheat toast

Lunch -
Shakeology w/pb, one scoop of bannana cream whey and almond milk

Dinner -
Chicken Breast or Tuna with Salad and veggies
-or-
Roasted Turkey Breast or Pork w/ steamed veggies

Snack -
Whey Shake with almond milk
nuts, a piece of fruit, some carrots or celery if hungry

Lots of water.

Most days this puts me around 1500 calories or so, I have no desire to eat more

i fail at getting much more then 1500 calories in a day, i'm just not hungry.

Breakfast -
Fiber One w/ almond milk
Scrambled Eggs
1 slice of whole wheat toast

Lunch -
Shakeology w/pb, one scoop of bannana cream whey and almond milk

Dinner -
Chicken Breast or Tuna with Salad and veggies
-or-
Roasted Turkey Breast or Pork w/ steamed veggies

Snack -
Whey Shake with almond milk
nuts, a piece of fruit, some carrots or celery if hungry

Lots of water.

Most days this puts me around 1500 calories or so, I have no desire to eat more

Could you not substitute full fat milk for almond milk to get some extra cals?

gcubed

Could you not substitute full fat milk for almond milk to get some extra cals?

i could, but i'm not looking to add weight, i have plenty to burn through, i just dont like being so low on calories in a day doing some of these workouts (especially plyo). Plus cutting out a lot of dairy has helped my skin quite a bit

I'm 6'8 270 (down from 285 when i started, am on day 47)

edit... i suck and never took real before pictures. I do need to poke new holes in some belts as they don't go tight enough now

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This was my food schedule yesterday, and is fairly typical. Dinner may change between that and eggs/turkey bacon and lunch is either soup or a salad. My "typical" is set just over 1500. Anything I need to add/take away? The hardest thing is work breakfast and lunch. I try to get a meat in at breakfast and usually do turkey kielbasa when it's on sale.

Capture.PNG

I always end up stopping after the end of month 2 thanks to stupid crap that just demotivates me. Subscribing to this thread right now and restarting P90X tonight. Can't wait to see what P90X2 holds for me later on this year.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You just reminded me to start using that site again!

Good! Site is MyFitnessPal for anyone wondering. They have apps for iOS and Android too, their iPad app was redesigned and is fantastic.

Still trying to nail down my eating though. I spent $90 at the grocery store last week (I live alone) and about had a heart attack. :p

OG Kush

CottonBaller your results are absolutely fantastic. Good good GOOD job.

I have done P90X twice and am halfway through Insanity and haven't gotten results like that even though my results are still pretty good. I guess my diet is not on point. I eat very clean, I guess just not the right quantities of clean?

This is a typical example day of my eating:

Breakfast:

Any suggestions on how I can modify to eat better?

Replace the waffles with eggs.

This was my food schedule yesterday, and is fairly typical. Dinner may change between that and eggs/turkey bacon and lunch is either soup or a salad. My "typical" is set just over 1500. Anything I need to add/take away? The hardest thing is work breakfast and lunch. I try to get a meat in at breakfast and usually do turkey kielbasa when it's on sale.

Capture.PNG

I'd say to up your protein.

lethial

Reeeeeeee

Capture.PNG

Up your protein at lunch man.

UK-GAF:
Any recommendations for resistance bands and an exercise mat?
I'd be interested too, at least in the bands, I have mats already ( http://www.softfloor.co.uk ). I bought my portable mats from Lidl and Argos, though neither of them are amazing (would like them to be thicker).

This one seems pretty thick: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00131SW0U/

Regarding resistance bands, these seem to have good reviews:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026NB3LE/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004G9TNCM/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004EEJBLC/

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Took my Day 30 measurements and pictures today. WOW. Looking back, I can't believe how big I was. I looked disgusting.

Holy shit at the couple of you that posted your full run photos. I can't believe those are real world results. Ordering shit now.

Again, I'm average sized right now (170lbs at 5' 9"), so I don't really need to lose weight, just some of the belly fat and I'd like some muscle. Tips?

Alfarif

Holy shit at the couple of you that posted your full run photos. I can't believe those are real world results. Ordering shit now.

Again, I'm average sized right now (170lbs at 5' 9"), so I don't really need to lose weight, just some of the belly fat and I'd like some muscle. Tips?

Do P90X 1 and then 2 and follow the nutrition guide.

I'd be interested too, at least in the bands, I have mats already ( http://www.softfloor.co.uk ). I bought my portable mats from Lidl and Argos, though neither of them are amazing (would like them to be thicker).

This one seems pretty thick: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00131SW0U/

Regarding resistance bands, these seem to have good reviews:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0026NB3LE/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004G9TNCM/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004EEJBLC/

Thanks a lot for this! Off to do some ordering now, I want to start this next week :)

Do P90X 1 and then 2 and follow the nutrition guide.

How important is the nutrition? I was thinking of doing a first pass of just exercise then going again following the diet the second time round. Would the first 'exercise only' run be useless?

FOOTE

How important is the nutrition? I was thinking of doing a first pass of just exercise then going again following the diet the second time round. Would the first 'exercise only' run be useless?

If you want to see results in the mirror, the nutrition is very important. Exercise only will make you stronger, but you wont visibly see the results you might be looking for.

radcliff

Any suggestions on how I can modify to eat better?

If you want to increase your protein intake, you can take whey protein isolate. Each scoops is about 130 cals, only .5 g fat, 3 g carbs, and 28 g protein. I take 2 scoops per day (1 in the morning, 1 at night).

Chicken / Tuna with salad, no question (Turkey if you like it? I think it's cheaper).

There are protein powders which you can add to things like soups, though again, it's more money. Short of taking a bit of bacon with you to have with the soup it's hard to really suggest anything particularly cheap. ;)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tuna is doable, especially on salad days. When I take a can of soup though, it's a bit harder. Hmm, I'll see what I can do.

The hardest thing for me is coming up with meals that are healthy yet inexpensive. It kills me to spend like $90 on groceries for one week when I live by myself. :p

I had the same issue when I was working out in a big way. My missus will only have free range chicken in the house (fair enough, she feels strongly about it)... except that stuff costs a fortune and I was going through a LOT of chicken.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You know, I can eat a lot of chicken, you guys have any good ways to prepare it to liven it up? Also, besides just veggies what do you eat as sides?

Tonight will be my first night using my new stability ball too, I'm excited to try it out (and I hope it doesn't explode).

I have a lot of chilli with my chicken. Nando's sauces specifically. If not Nando's sauces then I'm generally making myself curries or fajitas.

I'm boring with sides though. It's almost always salad or rice. I'm yet to get bored of either.

Good god. Was thinking X2 was a little too easy because I was doing the alternate exercises without medicine balls and only doing the stability ball stuff.

Got the medicine balls now and this shit is ridiculous. Pushups on 4 medicine balls damn near killed me.

Excko

I am afraid... I am on day 4 of P90X, and it is Yoga X Night... I heard so many horror stories about that one, but i'm kinda curious to see what the deal is with it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I am afraid... I am on day 4 of P90X, and it is Yoga X Night... I heard so many horror stories about that one, but i'm kinda curious to see what the deal is with it.

Yoga X is intense in a way that is hard to explain. You're basically putting yourself in positions that really take a lot of effort to hold. They are exhausting in ways that Plyometrics can only dream of being.

The first half of the disc will be nuts, and if you can survive the first 45 minutes you'll get through the rest of it without a problem.

Yoga blocks help a ton, so if you don't have them for this round than I'd highly recommend them.

Good luck!

Excko

Yoga X is intense in a way that is hard to explain. You're basically putting yourself in positions that really take a lot of effort to hold. They are exhausting in ways that Plyometrics can only dream of being.

The first half of the disc will be nuts, and if you can survive the first 45 minutes you'll get through the rest of it without a problem.

Yoga blocks help a ton, so if you don't have them for this round than I'd highly recommend them.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice about the yoga blocks. I'm flexible,so I should be fine, but i'll keep them in mind if need be.

OG Kush

I have a lot of chilli with my chicken. Nando's sauces specifically. If not Nando's sauces then I'm generally making myself curries or fajitas.

I'm boring with sides though. It's almost always salad or rice. I'm yet to get bored of either.

Oh man, you're just like my family. We love the nandos sauces. Hell, I love nandos in general. Great grilled chicken.

Question for you guys who do p90x/2 in the morning: do you eat breakfast or after? I am doing p90 and love the feeling afterwards in the morning, but sometimes it's really hard to keep going without food after waking up. Yet, if I eat first I'm pretty sure I will throw up soon because there's not enough time for digestion. I am currently trying to wake up at 645am, exercise, and leave for work by 815am

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Question for you guys who do p90x/2 in the morning: do you eat breakfast or after? I am doing p90 and love the feeling afterwards in the morning, but sometimes it's really hard to keep going without food after waking up. Yet, if I eat first I'm pretty sure I will throw up soon because there's not enough time for digestion. I am currently trying to wake up at 645am, exercise, and leave for work by 815am
I would eat a light/medium breakfast in the morning, then wait 1-1.5 hours, depending how much you ate, then move on to the workout. Reason being is that you don't want to go into these workouts with no energy to back you up. This is important especially in month 2 and 3 of the original X program (and seemingly throughout all of X2), and is the reason why they recommend NOT staying on the Fat Shredder meal plan for longer than 3-4 weeks

Did X2 Total Body + ARX2...shit was killer, but I've been gradually improving in weights/reps across the board each week. Tomorrow's yoga will be a welcome break from today's intensity...if you could call it a break

I would eat a light/medium breakfast in the morning, then wait 1-1.5 hours, depending how much you ate, then move on to the workout. Reason being is that you don't want to go into these workouts with no energy to back you up. This is important especially in month 2 and 3 of the original X program (and seemingly throughout all of X2), and is the reason why they recommend NOT staying on the Fat Shredder meal plan for longer than 3-4 weeks

Did X2 Total Body + ARX2...shit was killer, but I've been gradually improving in weights/reps across the board each week. Tomorrow's yoga will be a welcome break from today's intensity...if you could call it a break

But this mean I'd have to wake up at 5 the latest and work out at 630 :( I suppose that's the commitment as well

I normally eat breakfast after my morning workouts. If you're worried about not having enough energy, and don't feel like waking up at 5 a.m., then eat a banana when you first wake up. If you ate properly the previous day, a nanner should be more than enough to hold you over for the workout.

I normally eat breakfast after my morning workouts. If you're worried about not having enough energy, and don't feel like waking up at 5 a.m., then eat a banana when you first wake up. If you ate properly the previous day, a nanner should be more than enough to hold you over for the workout.

I might give that a shot...see I'm fine with the sculpting/push ups. It's the cardio that I worry the most because it's abs intensive

About to do day 3.

Ow, my abs are sore from the first 2 days. Is that to be expected in the beginning?

Also, what's the best way to estimate the number of calories I should be consuming per day while doing P90X?

Alfarif

About to do day 3.

Ow, my abs are sore from the first 2 days. Is that to be expected in the beginning?
Also, what's the best way to estimate the number of calories I should be consuming per day while doing P90X?

Yep. My abs STILL burn when I'm doing Ab Ripper X, but I've gone from the customary 25 reps to 30 reps on every move. I'm on Phase 2 of P90X now and I haven't watched the videos for Ab Ripper X, but do the amount of reps change in Phase 2? Should I be shooting for 50? I do 50-60 Kayak Mason Twists now (if I fail to get to the number the first time, I pause for 2 seconds tops and start again until I hit that number).

FOOTE

About to do day 3.

You're lucky if it's just your abs. My hip flexors were absolutely demolished the first week.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

mm04

This might help give you an idea: http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/nutrition-tools/caloric-needs

It all depends on what your goal is, but I personally wouldn't go below 2,000 for an intense program like P90X. You guys eating 1,500 or less, I don't know how you have the energy!

That and I think it's counter-productive to do so. I think you're more likely to stunt your weight loss by causing your metabolism to slow to accommodate for the low calorie intake than help speed your weight loss. One of the first things mentioned on the Beach Body forums when people don't seem to lose (enough) weight and report a low caloric intake, is tell them to eat more.

I3rand0

I just broke down and bought 2 additional 8 lb medicine balls from Beachbody because I'm at the end of week 3 in Phase 1 of P90X2. I'm hoping these will be the same as the ones that came with the Ultimate SKU, but I doubt it at this point. It's $50 more than what I wanted to pay, but Amazon wouldn't ship them to me until March which is not soon enough.

Top Bottom