• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX Community Thread: Deluxe Sound Sensation

I miss the IIDX machine we used to have here in SATX. I never ranked on it but I sure as hell fed quarters into it when it went from 3rd to 7th and then finally 8th style..

Kumubou

Strange, if they have the hardware to run Happy Sky it isn't a huge step to go to Pendual from there... someone should get the owner talking to the right people.
You would have to convince them to upgrade, and for people who aren't aware the upgrade seems super sketchy. They probably also need to source card readers (unless by some godforsaken stroke of luck they have them), which is a pain in the butt. I know there's an arcade near where I live with a IIDX machine but getting them to upgrade from what it is (Resort Anthem) is impossible between those two issues. I have a better chance of just buying the cabinet outright, honestly. (That and, frankly, they don't need to as the arcade is a completely vestigial part of their operation.)

You would have to convince them to upgrade, and for people who aren't aware the upgrade seems super sketchy. They probably also need to source card readers (unless by some godforsaken stroke of luck they have them), which is a pain in the butt. I know there's an arcade near where I live with a IIDX machine but getting them to upgrade from what it is (Resort Anthem) is impossible between those two issues. I have a better chance of just buying the cabinet outright, honestly. (That and, frankly, they don't need to as the arcade is a completely vestigial part of their operation.)

If for some reason that arcade decides to sell are you aren't in a position to buy, do let me know.

Yuuichi

4f4d30112d.jpg

Entry for the [H] category for this week, my [N] score is coming soon(tm).

Kumubou

Looking at my old scores... the heck, I AAed Second Heaven [A] at one point? I should give this a shot, just to see how much worse I am now. D:

If for some reason that arcade decides to sell are you aren't in a position to buy, do let me know.
There's about a 0% chance it leaves the state if it's sold to an individual -- I know at least a couple of other people here who would buy it if it ever went up for sale.

I'm making this post from Arcade UFO. Pendual had such a nice interface! I'm still lacking in the skills. This is what happens when I play too much 5key :(

cj_iwakura

If TL doesn't have a pick by tomorrow, I'll provide one.

Any objections to Tricoro? Otherwise I'll do something off Empress Best or 9th.

TL21xx

Banned
Hey guys, sorry for taking so long, was out of town during the weekend.

Tricoro it is!

Week 4 Score Challenge - September 28th - October 4th

tumblr_mireq3rQ171qz5ft4o1_500.jpg

FLOWER - DJ YOSHITAKA | TRANCE CORE

Normal: 6 | Hyper: 9 | Another: 11 || BPM: 173

Good luck!

On a side note, I've had a chance to play some Penduel twice now. Some solid tracks in the mix, will need a bit more time before I can say which ones I like best, but I'm enjoying it a bit more than Spada so far. It's a bit sad to say goodbye to the mini-RPG, but oh well, at least I finally get to play the songs I hadn't unlocked.

Yuuichi

I turned on my fucking afterburners tonight.

SPN

SPH

I can't clear the SPA with a controller, fuck if I can clear it on a keyboard.

Edit: and while I'm thinking about it, if you play on PC (and I'm going to demand evidence that you do) I can possibly help people get copies of tircoro or spada. PM me.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Never played Tricoro before this week's challenge, lot of really good tracks! Was cool to play a song with charge notes too. :D

Can't seem to break the AA barrier.. JG timing in the second half of the song just flies out the window for me. >.<

cj_iwakura

Sadly, Hideki Naganuma says whether or not he does new IIDX music is up to Konami... but he's saying something about Pendual here?

&#12394;&#12363;&#12394;&#12363;&#27491;&#35299;&#20986;&#12414;&#12379;&#12435;&#12397;&#12541;(´o&#65344;&#65307;@yoga__2010: http://shindanmaker.com/485864 &#38263;&#27836;&#12373;&#12435;&#65281;&#35504;&#12363;&#12364;&#20316;&#12387;&#12390;&#12367;&#12428;&#12383;&#12362;&#12375;&#12426;&#12506;&#12531;&#12506;&#12531;PENDUAL&#35386;&#26029;&#12513;&#12540;&#12459;&#12540;&#12391;&#12377; &#26178;&#38291;&#12364;&#12354;&#12427;&#12392;&#12365;&#12395;&#12420;&#12387;&#12390;&#12367;&#12384;&#12373;&#12356;&#65288;&#31505;&#65289; &#21517;&#21069;&#12434;&#20837;&#12428;&#12390;&#12362;&#12375;&#12426;&#12506;&#12531;&#12506;&#12531;PENDUAL&#12387;&#12390;&#20986;&#12427;&#12392;&#27491;&#35299;&#12391;&#12377;

Or maybe it's just a response.

Sakujou

Banned
I love IIDX!!!!!
I habe 7,13 and 16.

Also play jubeat and reflec beat when iam in japan or korea.

Unfortunately its not available for videogamesystems so iam a bit sad.... But iam still into the music. I got all the last released osts....

Does someone have the artbooks???

I love IIDX!!!!!
I habe 7,13 and 16.

Also play jubeat and reflec beat when iam in japan or korea.

Unfortunately its not available for videogamesystems so iam a bit sad.... But iam still into the music. I got all the last released osts....

Does someone have the artbooks???

I own Golializze

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Anyone feel free to correct my terribly inadequate comprehension of Japanese which I can muster without looking anything up, but I believe the post is asking for Naganuma to make the time to be a "write in" or more like compose something for Pendual and his response is that he can't.

He probably commands a higher salary than Konami budgets for IIDX outright at this point.

edit: Did a test play of Flower A14 on my sim and the hold notes are absent despite the note count being correct (i.e., the hold itself is gone but the end points are still present). This is due to the conversion process. As a result, results of players on AC will not be 100% equal to those on Sims.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Fun song, though I gotta tighten up my scratches a lot for the Hyper chart. And yeah, the video is so weird - every time it hit the part with the ground hogs (?) I got a little distracted. Could turn the BGA off but where's the fun in that? :p

SPN score for now -

TL21xx

Banned
Sorry for not checking in, been really busy the past couple of weeks. Still stuck in the 7 wall, I'm able to clear about half of them, but there are a few that I just can't seem to get my hands to move fast enough on. I'm sure the fact that I'm using a USKOC with an adapter isn't helping, but I think I manged to calibrate(ish) it to be semi-playable, at least a this level of play.

In San Jose for work and stopped by SVGL to play for the first time in a few years. Pendual is beautiful but I can't clear 10s any longer :\

I still remember the day they got that machine, when it was a 4th Style cab. Amazing it's lived there for almost fourteen years.

Nick

In San Jose for work and stopped by SVGL to play for the first time in a few years. Pendual is beautiful but I can't clear 10s any longer :\

I still remember the day they got that machine, when it was a 4th Style cab. Amazing it's lived there for almost fourteen years.

I was there that day. It was glorious. :) That was when they still had the Para Para machine.

Are you guys certain the same machine has been there continuously? There was a major IO change after 8th style and I do not think a lot of upgrade kits made it over here; at the time it was much easier to just buy a new IIDX machine to play 9th and later.

Tain

I get the weirdest, heaviest amount of nostalgia thinking about Western IIDX fandom, it's so strange. Is there still a sizable online community of English-speaking players? Is it mostly Solid State Squad or do they congregate somewhere else?

Yuuichi

I get the weirdest, heaviest amount of nostalgia thinking about Western IIDX fandom, it's so strange. Is there still a sizable online community of English-speaking players? Is it mostly Solid State Squad or do they congregate somewhere else?

I don't know if I would call it sizeable, but there are a fair amount of us. Most of the congregation takes place in private spaces, however.

Ahh yes, the good ol' VJArmy/SolidStateSquad days.
I know a number have migrated to sows.

Are you guys certain the same machine has been there continuously? There was a major IO change after 8th style and I do not think a lot of upgrade kits made it over here; at the time it was much easier to just buy a new IIDX machine to play 9th and later.

Easier but far more expensive.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not a super "from the dead" bump, but the Taiko no Tatsujin thread made me think of IIDX again.

What is the cheapest way to get a controller for playing LR on my PC?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I've never heard of this IIDX Bible.
I have it. It's a neat little book that gives a general rundown on the series in total up to Red. It has a few interviews with some people, a section which gives a strategy talking about some songs with pictures of specific chart segments, and some bios of the in-game characters at the end. It includes a DVD, and I have no idea what's on it. A cute trick they did was put a flip-book sequence on the edge of the pages with someone playing the game with hand-view camera.

What is the cheapest way to get a controller for playing LR on my PC?
Probably scan CL for a PS2 table (as opposed to paying an ebay premium) and work with whatever lag you get from a PS2-USB converter. I tried searching for a few minutes and I can't even find a recommended device that's currently on the market.

Otherwise, as I mentioned earlier, laying out for something like a Dao FP7 (http://www.gamo2.com/en/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=244) is the "cheapest" way to get a high quality controller which will make playing the game substantially better; I grant that it is a huge commitment, but I still think something to keep in mind is that if all else fails, you will find someone else to buy it from you if you want to sell it off. Doing it this way ensures that you get a controller that uses USB right off the bat and eliminates the pesky converter issue.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have it. It's a neat little book that gives a general rundown on the series in total up to Red. It has a few interviews with some people, a section which gives a strategy talking about some songs with pictures of specific chart segments, and some bios of the in-game characters at the end. It includes a DVD, and I have no idea what's on it. A cute trick they did was put a flip-book sequence on the edge of the pages with someone playing the game with hand-view camera.

Probably scan CL for a PS2 table (as opposed to paying an ebay premium) and work with whatever lag you get from a PS2-USB converter. I tried searching for a few minutes and I can't even find a recommended device that's currently on the market.

Otherwise, as I mentioned earlier, laying out for something like a Dao FP7 (http://www.gamo2.com/en/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=244) is the "cheapest" way to get a high quality controller which will make playing the game substantially better; I grant that it is a huge commitment, but I still think something to keep in mind is that if all else fails, you will find someone else to buy it from you if you want to sell it off. Doing it this way ensures that you get a controller that uses USB right off the bat and eliminates the pesky converter issue.

I used to have a Desktop Arcade IIDASC, and it was pretty rad...Got rid of it because I wasn't playing my PS2 mixes anymore.

I would buy a Dao, but I'm not sure how much I'll play. It could be an excuse to play more, though...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
According to my records I have 1256 IIDX songs in my sim library... as well as 873 fan made songs. And you could probably triple that latter number considering I only play 14key. Assuming a two minute average, it would take 70 hours to play all of those songs one time. BMS of Fighters 2014 just came out a month ago. Pendual will roll around eventually. There's never been a better time to jump in, and it seems that the series still has life in it yet, both officially and otherwise.

So it looks like Round 1 has opened in Arlington TX. A bit of a drive for me, but they do have IIDX and Guitadora and other Japanese arcade games.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
According to my records I have 1256 IIDX songs in my sim library... as well as 873 fan made songs. And you could probably triple that latter number considering I only play 14key. Assuming a two minute average, it would take 70 hours to play all of those songs one time. BMS of Fighters 2014 just came out a month ago. Pendual will roll around eventually. There's never been a better time to jump in, and it seems that the series still has life in it yet, both officially and otherwise.

Do you run LR2 or some other simulator?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
So it looks like Round 1 has opened in Arlington TX. A bit of a drive for me, but they do have IIDX and Guitadora and other Japanese arcade games.
Good deal. Hope you have an eamuse card. I've been liking Pendual a great deal more since I've obtained my card(s). (Had to buy them both in a set.)
attachment.php

Some of the best $60 I spent on gaming this year.

Do you run LR2 or some other simulator?
Another simulator that's not quite LR2. Doing things another different way requires more hoops to jump through than I care to put up with, and I'd lose access to all the fanmade songs (and Extra Mode as found in LR2). I put higher value on having a wider library.

Top Bottom