• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bend Studio is revealing a new logo tomorrow

kyliethicc

Days Gone 2?
Kendall Jenner Lol GIF by DAVE

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
In the middle of what is our "E3 replacement" week they do this... lol Either trolling or trying to get some views for their proud logo guy lol

Corndog

Banned
Bend doing it all wrong. You’re supposed to have your new logo before pride month so you can then make a rainbow version of it. Now all their employees are going to walk out.
And it’s in the shape of a bend too. Maybe that’s the new logo.

Sleep Yawn GIF

I guess it makes sense though since the studio got new leadership since their last game and will most likely be heading in a new direction with the types of games they are making. A fresh start

Kind of like when Sony Knighted Team Asobi to full studio status after the closure of Japan Studio. They got a new logo and website and what not

Last edited:

.Pennywise

Banned
How up in your ass must your own head be to believe a logo reveal is something worth announcing with a live stream? LOL

pqueue

If they’re smart they’ll relocate to Seattle.
Probably too expensive for them at this point.

Office retail/rents are ridiculous, and salary cost and costs of living are substantially higher in Seattle vs Bend (like 46% higher)

Last edited:

Rykan

Why is this even a thread?

Yes it IS just a new logo. Bend studio has very frequent livestreams in which they play their own games. It's not that strange that they use one of their streams for a logo change. Games do not get announced on companies twitch channel.

ParaSeoul

Long shot but what if Bend are making a new Infamous? I doubt Sony would let Sucker Punch step away from GoT 2 to work on something that in their eyes means less because it sold less. I know all we have are BS rumors of a new one coming but I want to believe.

CamHostage

All I can think about is they want people to talk about them for some reason.

Well, it's a small little landmark moment for the studio, so it's silly to stream a logo (and even sillier to tease a stream of a logo...) but maybe they're taking this opportunity to just celebrate the history before the next chapter begins. They were just part of the PlayStation Plus+ or whatever the hell launch of backwards-compatible games (although I don't see any of the Syphon Filters or Resistance Retribution on PlayStation store yet... the web store is a real mess, so maybe they're on there and just buried?) and even did Trophies for their old games, so that could be part of the legacy developer chat too. Weird timing for a non-event, but it's not like the internet is going to run out of Twitch streams...

Long shot but what if Bend are making a new Infamous? I doubt Sony would let Sucker Punch step away from GoT 2 to work on something that in their eyes means less because it sold less.

Supposedly Bend was pitching and maybe even working on a bit of an Infamous game for Vita after Uncharted Golden Abyss. So, maybe?

Last edited:

EDMIX

How up in your ass must your own head be to believe a logo reveal is something worth announcing with a live stream? LOL

Smart for any company. Marketing and branding is not about being humble, quite and polite bud. I don't watch their streams, but if they are re-branding the company, I don't see the harm with showing a new logo and giving a date or time to stream it or something like that. You have to keep the buzz going, keep relevant, post often.

I get many people might see it as a "up in your ass" type thing, but what ode do they have to be quite about this thing? Makes sense to make some noise about

Top Bottom