• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bend Studio is revealing a new logo tomorrow

Kenpachii

Kendall Jenner Lol GIF by DAVE

Dat moment when u drop your pants by accident.

sircaw

Banned
How dare these fucking assholes try and to do something fun for 10 minutes while having a chat with fans, what an absolute outrage.

JIM RYAN SHOULD COMMIT SUDOKU AFTER THIS CATASTROPHIC FAILURE
I too like to solve my seppuku puzzle every day in my local paper.

Keeps my mind sharp "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Probably too expensive for them at this point.

Office retail/rents are ridiculous, and salary cost and costs of living are substantially higher in Seattle vs Bend (like 46% higher)
Sure but good luck getting people to go work in Bend lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'll always owe this company one after they gave me Days Gone. I'll be there.
I was LTTP playing it last month, platinumed it and enjoying it so much I just have hordes left in the south for 100% of everything.

Definitely one of, if not my top game of last gen. Saddens me that we may never see a sequel.

VN1X

Banned
Smart for any company. Marketing and branding is not about being humble, quite and polite bud. I don't watch their streams, but if they are re-branding the company, I don't see the harm with showing a new logo and giving a date or time to stream it or something like that. You have to keep the buzz going, keep relevant, post often.

I get many people might see it as a "up in your ass" type thing, but what ode do they have to be quite about this thing? Makes sense to make some noise about
100%

Like fuckin hell, the entitlement and crying in this thread is astonishing really. I know gamers these days always want the next best thing and to have AAA-titles release on a weekly basis but some of you really need to get some perspective lol. That being said I'm probably in the extreme minority when it comes to enjoying the art that goes into creating a logo (or typography in general) so maybe it's me who is out of touch* heh.

SYKE! you can all suck my big fat SCHLONG.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Smart for any company. Marketing and branding is not about being humble, quite and polite bud. I don't watch their streams, but if they are re-branding the company, I don't see the harm with showing a new logo and giving a date or time to stream it or something like that. You have to keep the buzz going, keep relevant, post often.

Also, they're building a corporate Twitch stream for whatever reason. So, it's not much to build an audience on, but they're experimenting for whatever reasons they've got.

I never would have known about this if it hadn't been for OP digging out a Tweet, and this stream is going to fly right by me without me ever watching (unless news breaks from it, which they're telling us not to expect.) So I mean, sure, it's ridiculous and mostly pointless, but it's always weird to me that we get 2 pages into a thread of just people responding, "Who cares?!" Who cares who cares?

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
100%

Like fuckin hell, the entitlement and crying in this thread is astonishing really. I know gamers these days always want the next best thing and to have AAA-titles release on a weekly basis but some of you really need to get some perspective lol. That being said I'm probably in the extreme minority when it comes to enjoying the art that goes into creating a logo (or typography in general) so maybe it's me who is out of touch* heh.

SYKE! you can all suck my big fat SCHLONG.
You care about logos and art? dude, you have a v inside a circle in your avatar, with a purple arrow in it.

Sony Santa Monica changed it's logo in July 2014, one month later they release Hohokum.

The only question now is which game will Bend release within the next month or so?

Last edited:

Killer8

How self-inflated do you have to be as a company to think that anyone gives a shit about this?

They should get their heads down and focus on creating a good game. Days Gone was extremely mediocre and led to one of the most embarrassing pity parties from its directors that i've seen in gaming.

Varteras

Gold Member
Naughty dog seriously needs to update their logo.

Weird coming off 25+ hours of an emotionally draining dark story like Last of Us 2 and seeing this…

naughtydogpic.jpg

Looks like a sticker you put on a skateboard
I think that logo is just super iconic at this point. I'm willing to bet they've considered it but, knowing them, they probably absolutely refused to change their logo unless they found one they knew would stick the landing.

Top Bottom