• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk Gets New Anime Project Featuring Guts as 'Black Swordsman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breads

Banned
I know the animation style isn't ideal but, man, actually seeing Puck, Farnesse, and Isidro in an adaptation once and for all made me all sorts of hype.

Riposte

If it wasn't obvious, the Nietzsche quote at the beginning is the very popular 'those who battle monsters ... the abyss stares back' one.

Iffy on the CG, but it's not off-putting and looks like it will hold up better than the movie's. I actually liked the perspective effect on the sword swing at the end.

Really happy to hear Hirasawa.

They better not fuck up Lost Children.

So it looks like Hirasawa wrote the opening song but not the rest of the soundtrack. Am I right here?

Edit: Seems Savior just answered that question.

mcz117chief

Now this is starting to look bloody excellent! WOOOOOO, BABY! I'M BURNING OUT OF CONTROL!

The OG version is still by far the best, all those remixes lose something along the way. I would rate them: OG Forces > Take the Wheel > piano version > Forces II >>> God Hand remix = Forces 1.5

Herla

That shading effect (or whatever it might be called) might make the CG tolerable after all.

And it looks like they'll cover chapter 1 rather than starting with Lost Children...I really, REALLY hope that means we'll see the Count arc as well.

Sorry if it's been answered before, but is knowledge of the manga necessary to enjoy the new show?

All I've gathered from comments on Gaf is that berserk armour exists and is rad, guts has a fairy-thing friend and Griffith is a dick.

Galang

Banned
Damn! The hand drawn parts look good and the CG so far seems better than the actual movies... Hype rising

I love the Lost Children arc, but if they "have" to skip one arc id rather it be that one. It's been a while since I've read it, but I don't remember it adding much to the actual plot compared to the arcs that followed. They could easily condense it also

HagiG7

Really excited for this!

Is this a continuation of the original anime series or set in a different timeline from the manga?

benzy

1833a_ORIG-iCE49KJGLCA8t.gif

Moaradin

The CGI characters look a lot better than I thought they would. Shading is doing a lot of work. Much better than how it looked in the movies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I'm pleasantly surprised that the PV looks as good as it did. The frame rate was still not great but the actual character models and what not look much better than before.

Riptwo

I heard that Crunchyroll was airing something Berserk-related this summer. I originally thought that it was either the recent movies or the original series, but I guess it could be this? I'm in!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So let's see, this seems to start with the initial couple of with the ill fated wagon ride Guts takes, maybe the Snake apostle and hopefully the Slug Count. Then I'm guessing into Lost Children then into the Mozgus Inquisition. Then a good place to end is on the Hill of Swords before Guts and crew go on their journey and of course the epic battle that ensues.

Verelios

WE ON A BOAT
WE ON A BOAT
WE ON A MOTHERFUCKING BOAT
DON'T EVEN START LOOKING FOR ME CAUSE I'M ON THIS FUCKING BOAT

Great times

Kinyou

Farnese is here, sweet. Love the whole inquisition arc

CGI didn't look that bad either. The stylized shadows are a nice touch

Anung

Un Rama
Holy shit at finally getting non Golden-age adaptations. I'm so bloody excited.

Looks really good. As long as the animation and CGI blends well it shouldn't be too jarring.

I never imagined the Holy See's armour being so bright when I read the conviction arc.

Sorry if it's been answered before, but is knowledge of the manga necessary to enjoy the new show?

All I've gathered from comments on Gaf is that berserk armour exists and is rad, guts has a fairy-thing friend and Griffith is a dick.

it's a continuation of the movies/golden age arc. If you watched those three films you'll be fine but you might need a refresher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom