• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best and Worst Alternate Costumes

Fbh

I haven't played LOL in like 2 years. But I've allways loved this Annie skin

Annie_6.jpg

The girl is dressed as the bear, the bear is dressed as the girl.

Come on, it's both awesome and adorable

Some of the non-DLC alternate costumes in Mass Effect two were pretty bad. They were minor palette swaps or poorly done costumes in Jack's case.

I really enjoyed Naruto's Goku costume in UNS3. Plus it did some cool things like making his Rasengan attack have motions similar to the Kamehameha. It was a nice reference to Kishimoto's admiration for Dragon Ball Z (and Goku being the inspiration for Naruto), but I really love when costumes add subtle touches like new animations.

goku_costume_dlc_naruto_ultimate_ninja_storm_3.png

Bowl0l

I really enjoyed Naruto's Goku costume in UNS3. Plus it did some cool things like making his Rasengan attack have motions similar to the Kamehameha. It was a nice reference to Kishimoto's admiration for Dragon Ball Z (and Goku being the inspiration for Naruto), but I really love when costumes add subtle touches like new animations.

goku_costume_dlc_naruto_ultimate_ninja_storm_3.png
If you bought Asian (R3) copy, the DLC is included with the disc, but it is not available in PSN store...

Alfredo

Spencer's DLC costume in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 should've been his default look:

o2b4h5m.jpg

Too bad you can't download it anymore...

CorvoSol

Dissidia, Final Fantasy had some neat alternate costumes, but Warrior of Light's was the best.

It was just kind of cool to see Nomura's take on the lead of FF1 in both of his job classes.

I've always been fond of playing as Snake in his tuxedo as soon as I got it in MGS. Bonus is Grey Fox's "Spider-Man" alt color.

7cbxBAI.jpg

Dice//

Banned
I don't normally like "sexy" costumes (mainly for the peculiar reason that I like detailed/crazy outfits a lot more), but Resonance of Fate really nailed a unique look with "sexy print" outfits... most peculiar is the third party member: A fella with a man-bra.

Also, while it's easy to disapprove of the Tales series charging lots of money on lots of DLC... The Vesperia sets were AMAZING and totally worth it (to me) to drop the coin on.
A Tales villaisn set, a "best armor" set, and the very cool "Namco Set" which shows some love to the Company's other franchises:

Worst goes to the Tales series high school outfits for taking cool costumes and adding a usually horrendous battle theme to it.

mrmickfran

How has no one mentioned sombrero Raiden from Metal Gear Rising?

When you go into a box, the box wears the sombrero.

Let me repeat that: the box wears the sombrero.

Molemitts

Whoever came up with the idea of letting you play as every single Koopa Kid as an alt for Bowser Jr in SSB4 is a genius.

Village

Helena's bonus costume in Resident Evil 6 is dumb sexy but also kind of incredible stylish

Now I almost regret not picking this up during the recent sale.

Almost.
( You should pick it up, the only issue is story level design its a big issue but the game play is fantastic and is reflective in other modes with better level design. Bad side is you gotta use some mods to get other outfits playable.In story mode)

But yeah that outfit is good

Other amazing RE outfit
Keith for RE7

The best.
i8IbMBqKJXFXt.jpg
The worst
Lili-Costume-(Wedding)-from-Tekken.jpg

The top one i had forgotten about, thats the jam. The bottom one I also forgot about. But thats one of the many tekken costumes that look better on paper, because the art is usually skinnier than the models.

laxu

Worst:
DOA 5 Santa costumes. For some reason the CPU uses them a LOT. Actually all "seasonal" costumes in games are usually terrible.
DOA5-santa-outfits_09.jpg

Top Bottom