• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best current Superhero Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
3051817-slide-s-2-exclusive-marvel-relaunching-power-man-and-iron-fist-with-all-new-creative-team.jpg

If Iron Fist didn't have that big ass collar, I think his would be up there.

What is with his nose? Looks like Owen Wilson.

I'm a big Spider-Gwen fan but every time I walk past a Silk cover I'm like "That looks cool. I should read that."

Should I read that, GAF?

I think her story has been more compelling than Gwen's, really. I'm not sure where it's going, but things do move along, and the art has been good too, in both the pre and post SW series. I mean, not as good as Robbi Rodriguez on Spider Gwen, of course, but fun and simple, and some innovative style. The first artist on the book, Stacey Lee is better than her replacement, Tana Ford, unfortunately. But I think the writer, Robbie Thompson has done great.

TLDR: Yeah, read it. Definitely start with the February 2015, non ANAD #1 first, because Silk is one of those books where the new #1 might as well just be Silk #8.

TheFlow

Banned
Guys remember superheroes! and current costumes please. lol

thos saga pictures are not even costumes just normal clothes

Lady Thor, Spider-Gwen, Ms. Marvel, and Spectrum have the best new costumes, IMO. Marvel finally figured out how to give female superheroes costumes that are both practical and cool-looking.

I feel that post-Avengers MCU Cap is the best the character's ever looked (barring Age of Ultron).

I also like both of Ant-Man's MCU designs:
You can see how the Civil War helmet was very influenced by the Wasp's:

And Black Panther and Spidey:

Marvel Studios artists and costume department on a fucking roll. Goddamn.
T'Challa as Black Panther
[
23comics-1-blog427.jpg
Daredevil is also lookin' pretty fresh these days...

daredevil.jpg
Really liking Batman's new costume.
9161jlY.jpg
Cinemaverse Sam Wilson is killing it best as Falcon. They should've just pushed him as that instead of slapping him in some other man's gimmick. Using the wings as a tower shield, redwing as a drone, advanced targeting in his goggles for artillery ...best Sam Wilson hands down. Comics need to adopt these changes.
3679621-moon+knight.jpg

Mr. Moon Knight
These. I'd like Batman's more if there wasn't the trim on the belt and I'd like Daredevil's more if there weren't tiny little horns on the DD emblem.

Easily my favorite costume ever. It's perfection. Literal perfection. So perfect, I bought a Spider-Gwen hoodie and literally the only piece of clothing that I own that has anything to do with anything that isn't punk or goth. Even though it's pretty damn punk in of itself.

Runner up is THOR! Awesome AWESOME costume

TheFlow

Banned
My bad, I thought it was super hero by a broader definition (as in "good hearted people with superhuman powers". And because The Punisher and Goku, who are no classic super heroes, we're also mentioned). Sorry.
Lol that punisher mention was also silly because it was a old costume from a old run.

Goku? Lol srs who ever posted goku did not read the OT either

The key word is costume.

Ophelion

Not even out yet and you can't get newer than that. Kenan Kong, the New Super-Man.

No idea if that comic will be any good, but that costume is pretty damn sharp. I'm not crazy about the interior color of the cape, but the rest of it is rad as fuck.

Loxley

Spider-Gwen's costume is straight-up one of the best superhero designs I've ever seen. Bat-Girl, Miles Spidey, and Superboy (Rebirth) are some of my other current favorites.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I know people around here hate Ramos, but I like Storm's ANAD look. The colors call back to the 90's, the undershave is a bit of 80's, and she just generally looks bad ass and in charge, which she now once again is. She really looks like the aloof, elevated weather goddess/but also kind of punk. And she looks like the leader. I like it.

559403ca5d917.jpg

Extraordinary-X-Men-1-page-10.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-11-07-at-10.56.25-e1446893962322.png

tumblr_nvh05vKiJc1ug5oijo1_540.png
I love that look for storm

I know it's from Injustice, but I love the design of Red Son Batman.

IzjRP8P.jpg

I really wished they'd do a story with him in that universe.

That's actually from Superman: Red Son, as the name might suggest :p

It's a very good book.

When did super young super boy happen?

Hasn't yet, technically. So... I guess it's not really current :p

Check out the DC Rebirth thread.

This whole goddamn team lookin fresh.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's what happens when you've got Rocafort drawing your book :p

I really dig black adam's new redesigned costume, disappointed they aren't using the tattered cape for the movie.

Black-Adam-Shazam-Movie-Dwayne-Johnson.jpg

Still amazing

And black Adam is technically a superhero

At times

damn brah you got me covered.

I don't know if new 52 adam is a villain or not. He has some level of honor, but he also flat out killed an archaeologist for not speaking his language.

shingi70

Banned
Her costume is LCD cosplay bait.

That was kinda the point her old gear got ruined so she hit up some Thrift stores and made her own Batgirl costume, that's kinda a callback to her origins and sets her apart from Bruce and his main set of Batkidsl.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Ms. Marvel - Capes and scarves will never go out of style.

background.jpg

America Chavez

latest

I dig Hellboy going around wearing a BPRD shirt in the 1950s series:
YjRg8Zd.png

I like Batgirl's current design too. I feel like a lot of my other favorites either got changed or they're still the same.

shoreu

I really dig black adam's new redesigned costume, disappointed they aren't using the tattered cape for the movie.

damn brah you got me covered.

I don't know if new 52 adam is a villain or not. He has some level of honor, but he also flat out killed an archaeologist for not speaking his language.

Lol you know what's crazy we literally post shazam and black Adam in like every comic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom