• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Memes That Originated From Games or Gaming?

This thread is for discussing the best memes to come out of games or be somehow related to games. These are the memes that have become synonymous with in-jokes, gaming culture or just games in particular. These include celebrities, game music, creepy/funny images or fan works. No drive-by posts, please! Please elaborate why you love the memes.

Let's start with good ol' Chad Warden.
photo.jpg
"I'm talkin' bout dat PSTriple!" Quite possibly one of the most unlikely celebrites, whose sole claim to fame was his nonsensical, misogynistic, wannabe-gangsta rant about last gen's console war. He helped make up a great amount of Youtube Poop.

The one with "I don't know how much you know of Japanese culture, I'm an expert" is to die for.

Patiently waiting for "negro presets" to sneak into this thread though

Bakkus

Are you asking for memes originating from gaming that has popular usage outside of gaming related stuff? If that's the case, I cannot think of anything.

dhonk

I1uxgcp.png

got a soft spot in my heart for wall guy. back when single screenshots mattered. its a different time now.

213372bu

Banned
I hate "discussing memes" but I have to say Chad Warden is the best and was the first huge troll to ever be successful...

"Gears of War more like Tears of Wars...have you seen that bitch ass commercial with the pussy ass song?"

"Mario Party? That ain't no party, that's a pussy-ass party. Real parties- real parties got some droke... sip some syr'p right? Shit there ain't even one blunt- ain't even one blunt in that game."

Classic.

Finding out he was just some nerd half a decade later was a total shock to me.

Top Bottom