• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Memes That Originated From Games or Gaming?

daTRUballin

Do NeoGAF memes count?

"I don't know how much you know about Japanese culture, I'm an expert."

The age of Sony is done.

Safe moist as dudes.

Just legendary. :p

"John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the demons!”
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons
“I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the demons”
And then John was a zombie."
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doom-repercussions-of-evil

Also, the "Idiots of Garrys Mod" videos were pretty meme-ish back in the day. I still find them hysterical.

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

My first thought.

Is that Peer Schneider on the right?

daTRUballin

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on the ships daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were demons.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the demons!”
So John gotted his palsma rifle and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons
“I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. John plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the demons” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the demons”
And then John was a zombie.

What is this? Where is this from? ._.

SUPA SMASH BROTHERS?

man, they aint ONE BROTHER in dat game

chad warden's second vid is the secret superior chad warden content

Chard Warden brought the laughter as well as the tears. He's a legend of gaming.

I also had a soft spot for the I have 3 ps3s video. And these were around the time ps3 was really struggling, so the try hard videos are even funnier.

Corridor thread and Druckmann thread are personal favorites. There have been some spectacular Banderas gif's as well. Both of these threads spawned an influx of great photoshops to the point I was tearing up from laughing so hard. Druckmann liking his thread was the icing on the cake.

Also, anything else from Toro and Nibel <3

N4Us

All Your Base was from an era before memes became dank.

Or were even called memes.

I just remember back in 2001 opening up Time Magazine and thinking how nuts it was that an obscure Genesis game had a column written up on it.

It doesn't seem all that much now but in a 'pre-Web 2.0' era you didn't see that happen often.

Reebot

I just remember back in 2001 opening up Time Magazine and thinking how nuts it was that an obscure Genesis game had a column written up on it.

It doesn't seem all that much now but in a 'pre-Web 2.0' era you didn't see that happen often.

But in the current, digitized world, trivial information is accumulating every second, preserved in all its triteness.

Never fading, always accessible.

Kojima warned us

Ahh, KnowYourMeme. It was a lovely place to research new memes and find funny pics.
But then, everything changed when the GGers and Anti-Feminists attacked.

But I digress.

Touhou Project.
Everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ZXID1tPXs
Touhou
300px-Yukkuri_MarisaReimu.png

Project

To be fair, most Touhou memes are created by fans, but the games' impact (and music) can't be understated. Can't say I've seen any other army-like internet following that originated from a series developed by one guy(music included).
latest

Vibranium

Banned
Pork Buns from Sleeping Dogs is great. If we ever get a real sequel I want UFG to design an entire mission where you help the Pork Bun Guy and become a whole man.

Eila

I still don't even know what this is supposed to be. I still wonder. Is this the Wind Waker reveal or something?

Their excited look is during Zelda TP reveal. The other is from some other shitty game. Funnily enough that one is a japanese meme, "gaijin 4-koma".

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This thread is for discussing the best memes to come out of games or be somehow related to games. These are the memes that have become synonymous with in-jokes, gaming culture or just games in particular. These include celebrities, game music, creepy/funny images or fan works. No drive-by posts, please! Please elaborate why you love the memes.

Let's start with good ol' Chad Warden.

"I'm talkin' bout dat PSTriple!" Quite possibly one of the most unlikely celebrites, whose sole claim to fame was his nonsensical, misogynistic, wannabe-gangsta rant about last gen's console war. He helped make up a great amount of Youtube Poop.

ibkK2UjYsGcAO9.gif~original

fhqwhgads

gaijin4koma2_peersblog_1200684608.jpg

My first thought.
I feel this wins because it's not only stood the test of time (I think it originates from 2004) and it's wide spread too, I know it's had popularity in the Asian forum scene.
Chadwarden is a pretty good choice too, world's most successful troll.

thenexus6

Does this originate from gaming or something.. or does someone know where from because i've always wondered..

1) something...
2) something...
3) ????
4) profit!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Does this count?

WeightyScientificAzurevase.gif

I still can't forget when it started

Do I have to explain? He got tired of playing 2nd fiddle!

Top Bottom