• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Mouse for PC Gaming? 2017

Just real quick: It's the G303 with the PMW3366 that Logitech uses in the G502, G900, G403 and GPro, not the G302.
I think the G302 was their first mouse with the pre-tensioned buttons though, which have also spread out to the rest of the Logitech line. The pre-tensioned buttons are pretty freaking great. I love the shape of my G303 too (exactly the same as the G302).

You're totally right! Turns out that I actually have the G303 as well.

Kaydan

Banned
I'm using the Razer Mamba Chroma. Really like it so far.

razer_mamba_chroma_ergo_wireless_mouse_1.jpg

wihio

Absolutely love my ancient hockey puck:

2012-11-27-puck.png

ok ok, I kid. I did use one of these way back when they were new and developed a weird claw-fingertip hybrid grip that took a while to break. I currently rock a Logitech G400 and I love it.

optical-gaming-mouse-g400-glamour-images.png

I did have to open it up, clean out the wheel, and pull 1/4 inch of the wire into the mouse because it had developed a "kink" that would cause it to stutter and skip randomly. I spent a few hours thinking my computer was fucked before I realized it was a hardware issue. It works great after re-seating the cord.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
A half man I'm still using an intellimouse 3.0 from 2003. I need something new.

ElyrionX

G900 batteries are not removable or replaceable which is a dealbreaker for me.

I used to have the G700 and I went through 3-4 of them in 5 years or so. The damn thing was super unreliable and kept breaking.

I am using the G602 now. The tracking is clearly inferior to G700 but the battery life is much better and the mouse itself has lasted much longer than the G700 ever did for me.

I still use a G500 that I love. I have a G602 that is ok, and I've tried a few other brands. I keep going back to the G500 which I think was $60 when I bought it. If I get the itch to try something new, it'll be the G Pro.

Do the new Steel Series Rivals have better or no rubberized sides? The first rival the damn thing was coming apart bad.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I have the original Steelseries Rival and I love the shape and feel of the mouse, but the rubberized coating is disintegrating on me and rubbing off.

Do the new Steelseries 300 have this issue? How does a Logitech g403 compare? They look quite similar in shape/design, and as a palm/finger gripper, I prefer it.

Also, am I the only one that prefers wired over wireless? I know it sounds lazy but changing batteries does not seem worth the payoff.

Well, with the G403 or G900, it really just means that if you play every night, you'll be using a wired mouse for one night every couple weeks. Or you can just plug it in when you're done playing for the night. They come with a cord that turns your mouse into a wired mouse while it charges. Not really a hassle at all.

Justinh

G 102 has the same level of performance as G Pro while cost significantly less.

It's only less than 20 dollars cheaper now since the price of the GPro has fallen. It is apparently good enough that most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference and has the better cable though. Supposedly the G102 has the best cable ever to be on a Logitech mouse.

So I went ahead and paired this to go with my G403:

4Qtc.jpg

Logitech G440. I got a good deal. This seem like a solid choice? I've always had a preference for hard pads over cloth.

chessnut

I am left handed, so its hard for me to find quality gaming mouses that are ambidextrous. I love the Zowie FK2. I may never buy another mouse again. I play mostly FPS' on PC fyi.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I have the original Steelseries Rival and I love the shape and feel of the mouse, but the rubberized coating is disintegrating on me and rubbing off.

Do the new Steelseries 300 have this issue? How does a Logitech g403 compare? They look quite similar in shape/design, and as a palm/finger gripper, I prefer it.

I hear the rubber has been "fixed" but I don't know how true that is.

Zeneric

g502. tho g502 is an only gaming mouse i've tasted, but it's highly recommended by many people (one of reasons why i bought it).

7roject28

This is my second favorite to the Logitech g502. The mouse itself is gorgeous, and it performs just as well as the g502 which I found to be the best performing mouse ive ever tried.

Obviously these two are heavy. At first heavier mice are a big adjustment, but I honestly can't play with lighter mice now. They all feel cheap almost, and my aiming somehow feels less connected. The g502 and m65 pro feel " grounded" for lack of a better word.

For reference I use a DPI of 400 and I still like the heavy weight of these two

Funny, I just bought the G502 this past weekend after having used the m65 for a couple years. Haven't connected it yet though because still trying to clean room lol.

I am suing the G602 wirless mouse and it's been really great! The battery life on this thing in incredible. I have been using it since January and the battery life is still at 60%. It also tracks extremely well with excellent amount of programmable keys.

Nzyme32

I've seen some people say it actually caused them pain, but I find this mouse just so comfortable!

No problems at all for me. Genuinely one of the most comfortable mice I've used. Maybe it's my hand shape or something, but I know quite a few others that feel the same as me so I doubt that is the case

Been using this for almost 2 years. After a year of using somehow it double clicks. I was ready to replace it but somehow it fixed it self lol. Still using it.

Weird. No problems yet after a year. I quite like the clicking it has. Good response but extremely reliable. My only complaint would be the same as any mouse, in that sweat and dirt gather in the gaps, so you've gotten clean the thing after several months

yep same situation its probably the best mouse i've owned thus far.

Yeah same.

RS4-

So I went ahead and paired this to go with my G403:

4Qtc.jpg

Logitech G440. I got a good deal. This seem like a solid choice? I've always had a preference for hard pads over cloth.

I've been using one of those glass icemats for...10 years or so. Sorta wish it was a bit bigger despite not really using the whole thing lol.

Mozendo

Tried a lot of Logitech, Razer, and Steelseries mice and the Mionix Naos 7000 was the one for me. Perfect for my needs

MDave

This thread made me go and buy a G900. It better be good GAF! I am a large handed male that uses palm grip, is this good for that?

Anyone know how Amazon's policy is on mice? Suppose I buy a mouse from Amazon and I end up hating it - can I actually return it, even though I've used it? And if Amazon does accept it, how many times would I be able to do it? Could I buy like 3 mice and then return all 3 if I end up hating them, or that's probably not a good idea and Amazon would frown upon that?

Personaly i think this is the best mouse that i ever have !!!

All around mouse, gaming, surfing and working :)

mx-master.png

Nice I just got this because I wanted a mouse for desktop development with my Mac and it only has fucking usb-c ports. It's awesome that it's both Bluetooth and wireless with dongle. My 6 year old Razer mamba finally is dying so guess it's time to try this out on my gaming Desktop.

This thread made me go and buy a G900. It better be good GAF! I am a large handed male that uses palm grip, is this good for that?

I think the G403 would be better suited for your needs. More ergonomic for a palm grip and has the same sensor and wireless tech as the G900.

Really, if you stopped at a Best Buy, they should've had a bunch of mice set up to try out. If the G900 fit in your hand well, then you'll be happy!

MDave

I think the G403 would be better suited for your needs. More ergonomic for a palm grip and has the same sensor and wireless tech as the G900.

Really, if you stopped at a Best Buy, they should've had a bunch of mice set up to try out. If the G900 fit in your hand well, then you'll be happy!

UK here, I'm not lucky enough to live near an outlet that has these mice for me to try hah. Saw the G403 on UK Amazon, seems to be about the same price as the G900. I'll see how the G900 works out for me on Saturday, if it's not for me I will give the G403 a buy and try too!

UK here, I'm not lucky enough to live near an outlet that has these mice for me to try hah. Saw the G403 on UK Amazon, seems to be about the same price as the G900. I'll see how the G900 works out for me on Saturday, if it's not for me I will give the G403 a buy and try too!

Nice! Yeah, they're both pretty much the best mice you can buy. It's just a matter of how it feels in your hand at this point.

Been using Mionix Castor, Logitech G502, and G900. All amazing mouses but I would have to go with the G900. In the beginning I had to get used to how long it was compared to the other 2 mouses but after that, the G900 is the best mouse I've ever used. Well worth the price.

Lorcain

I love my Logitech G600.

g600-gaming-mouse-images.png
The G600 is a great all purpose gaming mouse. It probably has too much going on for a competitive gamer looking for a minimalist mouse, but this thing does everything I could ever want. I have the white and black color combo that looks like a Stormtrooper mouse.

I had a Naga that fell apart after about year. This is just built better all the way around. I even like the side button layout better. Want hotkey buttons for an RPG, MMO, RTS, FPS, or Strategy game? The G600 has 12 on the side, plus another 12 with the shift button. It's just a well built mouse.

aett

The G600 is a great all purpose gaming mouse. It probably has too much going on for a competitive gamer looking for a minimalist mouse, but this thing does everything I could ever want. I have the white and black color combo that looks like a Stormtrooper mouse.

I had a Naga that fell apart after about year. This is just built better all the way around. I even like the side button layout better. Want hotkey buttons for an RPG, MMO, RTS, FPS, or Strategy game? The G600 has 12 on the side, plus another 12 with the shift button. It's just a well built mouse.

My first MMO mouse was a Razer Naga from 2011 and it started making doubleclicks constantly by around mid-2013. I tried using the G600 for a bit, but couldn't get past the "mushy" side buttons. I've had a Naga 2014 since, well, 2014 and haven't had any problems with it, and I absolutely love the mechanical side buttons. I don't have any attachment to Razer itself (and hate its aesthetics) so if another company wanted to use very clicky buttons for their MMO mouse, I'd be all in.

Mr.Pig

Are wireless mice still shit?
I read glowing reviews of Logitech MX Revolution and thought that it was finally here but it was beyond terrible.

Are wireless mice still shit?
I read glowing reviews of Logitech MX Revolution and thought that it was finally here but it was beyond terrible.

Yes, read the thread. Logitech G403 and G900 wireless are every bit as good and responsive as any wired mouse.

Lorcain

My first MMO mouse was a Razer Naga from 2011 and it started making doubleclicks constantly by around mid-2013. I tried using the G600 for a bit, but couldn't get past the "mushy" side buttons. I've had a Naga 2014 since, well, 2014 and haven't had any problems with it, and I absolutely love the mechanical side buttons. I don't have any attachment to Razer itself (and hate its aesthetics) so if another company wanted to use very clicky buttons for their MMO mouse, I'd be all in.
Yep, that's what killed mine too. Some of the side buttons started having issues as well. Glad your 2014 is working well. I know what you mean by the clickier buttons. I credit the Naga with training me how to use that side button layout without having to think about it.

Top Bottom