• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bestbuy just cancelled by new 3DS XL Majora's Mask order

Paranerd

Neo Member
Mine was canceled as well. I'm pretty bummed about that. Dunno if I should write an email to Best Buy, Nintendo, or both.

Vitacat

For people who were cancelled, what does it say on your BB Order Status page? Does the MM XL order say cancelled, or is it just gone?

HardRojo

I'm sorry...but there isn't anything more to it than that. Sometimes you need to be in the right place at the right time. This will not be the first or last time this happens to you. You need to accept that...Nintendo don't have an obligation to ensure you can purchase their LE item. You should be blaming your retailers for not making it clear when pre-orders would go live. They are the ones selling it. Nintendo merely supply it.

How about we let Nintendo know we are not happy with the way they've been handling supply of certain items and LEs as of late? Maybe they can work something out with retailers and in the end everyone wins? Have you even thought about that possibility? Of course not, you are just defending Nintendo for something that is most likely their fault to some degree, communication with retailers is also part of their job. Sure, retailers are to blame too but who's to say Nintendo isn't to blame?

Artorias

Banned
Yep, cancelled. I only ordered 1.

I'm BB Elite+ and have GCU. Not that it matters, just saw that mentioned in here.

Does anyone know if they are still taking WIS preorders at Gamestop? I should still be covered but I want an extra if its gonna be this crazy.

Edzi

Are the cancellations seriously still rolling out? Mine is currently safe, but I don't know for how long at this rate...

GringoJB

For people who were cancelled, what does it say on your BB Order Status page? Does the MM XL order say cancelled, or is it just gone?

My order actually has two items: My MM XL and my regular black one. My black one is still "Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 02/13/2015.", while my MM one still appears in the order, but it's "Order Status:: 1 item(s) canceled."

Nirran

Mine just got canceled too and I after this I don't think I want the handheld anymore. These issues are ridiculous. I preordered mine the second the original page went up and still they can't guarantee anything. Starting to remember why I ignore limited editions because I always get screwed by these companies.

VICI0US

Yep, cancelled. I only ordered 1.

I'm BB Elite+ and have GCU. Not that it matters, just saw that mentioned in here.

Does anyone know if they are still taking WIS preorders at Gamestop? I should still be covered but I want an extra if its gonna be this crazy.

WIS varies by region for the N3DS LE's. I called a local gamestop and they said my region (west) is sold out of the MM N3DS, but the MH4U system bundle is still available

Resilient

How about we let Nintendo know we are not happy with the way they've been handling supply of certain items and LEs as of late? Maybe they can work something out with retailers and in the end everyone wins? Have you even thought about that possibility? Of course not, you are just defending Nintendo for something that is most likely their fault to some degree, communication with retailers is also part of their job. Sure, retailers are to blame too but who's to say Nintendo isn't to blame?

How about you let Best Buy know you are unhappy with the way they clearly let pre-orders run for far too long, resulting in them taking more that they could supply?? Have you thought about that? Best Buy are a large company, do you really, honestly believe they didn't know how much stock they were going to receive?

You would rather give the retailer the benefit of the doubt, instead of the supplier. Seriously? Best Buy 100% knew how many they were getting, they just fucked it up big time. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened??

Retailers are the only ones to blame. You don't see this shit happening at Gamespot do you? Probably because they allowed pre-orders for their allocated stock? Makes sense doesn't it?

Koobion

By the way, the discount doesn't appear to be account bound; mine is simply a promo code. Multiple people expressed interest in preferring the $50 over the special edition, and since it's a code, trading *could* be possible.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Never pre order Best Buy,people. It seems not a month goes buy without someone making a new thread about BB fucking up a LE or pre order.

HardRojo

How about you let Best Buy know you are unhappy with the way they clearly let pre-orders run for far too long, resulting in them taking more that they could supply?? Have you thought about that? Best Buy are a large company, do you really, honestly believe they didn't know how much stock they were going to receive?

You would rather give the retailer the benefit of the doubt, instead of the supplier. Seriously? Best Buy 100% knew how many they were getting, they just fucked it up big time. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened??

Retailers are the only ones to blame. You don't see this shit happening at Gamespot do you? Probably because they allowed pre-orders for their allocated stock? Makes sense doesn't it?

I mentioned earlier that BB is to blame too but you are acting as if Nintendo wasn't to blame at all, when in actuality, considering past products it's obvious they are at fault here too, plus, they are the ones supplying the product. It'd make more sense to let the actual supplier there are problems with the way the product is being handled so they can work it out with their distributors.

Tevious

Are the cancellations seriously still rolling out? Mine is currently safe, but I don't know for how long at this rate...

I suspect people are just showing up to report that they had theirs cancelled as they gradually notice this thread and get around to checking their emails. I hope its not that BB has been cancelling orders over the last 2 hours.

NogibTC

Banned
How about you let Best Buy know you are unhappy with the way they clearly let pre-orders run for far too long, resulting in them taking more that they could supply?

Yeah, I mean the pre-order page was active for like what, an hour and a half I think? That pretty much guaranteed they grossly oversold it right there. Perhaps with these LEs retailers will be more inclined to make their web sites more robust to handle the traffic and accurately track inventory allotments instead of winging it half the time.

My order is still intact. I live in Cali and placed my order around 3:50 pm on the 14th. I maybe make two to three purchases from Best Buy every year.

Keeping my fingers crossed. The MM XL is only attractive N3DS in the US, IMHO.

Yeah, if you've got an order at both BB and GS, I'd hold on to the GS order. Best Buy is notorious for canceling/messing up orders on more limited stuff.

Best to be safe and wait a bit.

Told you.

Seriously though, that stinks. Nothing's worse than getting screwed after already thinking that you were set. Hopefully nothing happens to my GameStop order.

Resilient

I mentioned earlier that BB is to blame too but you are acting as if Nintendo wasn't to blame at all, when in actuality, considering past products it's obvious they are at fault here too, plus, they are the ones supplying the product. It'd make more sense to let the actual supplier there are problems with the way the product is being handled so they can work it out with their distributors.

I don't understand what you want them to do, stipulate rules for the product they are supplying? AFAIK, that is basically unheard of in this industry, no? In Au, EB Games allowed only 1 per customer from day 1, while JB HiFi didn't have any restrictions. That to me suggests that Nintendo did not stipulate any rules. They would have 100% stipulated the stock level. The rest is up to the retailer. It is not the suppliers responsibility, happen to be shown examples where the supplier has laid out clear rules for the product sale.

Kriken

2074yu4sw2.gif

Just give me the news already Best Buy, this is stressful right now

Xamdou

Told you.

Seriously though, that stinks. Nothing's worse than getting screwed after already thinking that you were set. Hopefully nothing happens to my GameStop order.

We paid in full for out Gamestop pre-order... we better damn get it day one!!!

Oxn

I suspect people are just showing up to report that they had theirs cancelled as they gradually notice this thread and get around to checking their emails. I hope its not that BB has been cancelling orders over the last 2 hours.

Hopefully thats the case, and they stopped.

Revven

My order is still safe so far but I'm keeping my eyes on it. Really concerned now that so many people are saying theirs got canceled. *Crossing fingers like mad*

akashhhhh

iirc they've made these offers everytime something like this happens.

Even more laudable. There are a lot of companies that offer nothing in return for a "price mistake" or limited supply.

Anyway, I'm glad this happened. Nintendo didn't bring the console I wanted to America (the regular sized New 3DS), they took the required AC adapter out of the box and they cancelled Club Nintendo all in the space of a week. I only ordered because of the lure of limited availability. I'll stick to my trusty ALBW 3DS XL for now.

Top Bottom