• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bestbuy just cancelled by new 3DS XL Majora's Mask order

SRTtoZ

Didn't Nintendo originally message that it wouldn't be available at Best Buy? Are all orders cancelled?

No one knows yet if ALL are cancelled. BB might have picked a date and cancelled everything after that, who knows. We have to wait and see since some people in this thread still have their orders active.

Grylvak

I just got a cancellation email for mine too. I only ordered one. I called and they told me they sold more then they had. Really pissed right now.

Cbajd5

Didn't Nintendo originally message that it wouldn't be available at Best Buy? Are all orders cancelled?
No that was for the limited edition of the game, which was originally advertised as Gamestop/Fry's only.

I still want that statue, I kinda hope I'll get lucky like with the WW HD LE and be able to get it again a few days before release.

Tabasco

Wow, that's really inconsiderate of Best Buy.

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger when I had the chance, but I'm sorry to those that got cancellations. I'm not sure if I would be happy with a $50 coupon instead.

Mudron

Just used the $50 Best Buy credit for a black New 3DS XL, and used $17 of that credit for expedited shipping (assuming the order isn't canceled and something doesn't go wrong during shipping), so it should arrive on Sunday, February 15th.

HardRojo

Yeah, I believe BB wasn't mentioned initially but somehow pre-orders opened up on their site (Wait, this was for the game's LE and not the console? Hard to keep up and remember all this info). People started pre-ordering (because why wouldn't you!?) and now there's this mass cancellation going on and we don't know whether it's all orders being cancelled or not. Someone fucked up bad and we're not sure who is reponsible (or mostly responsible). I don't think BB would open pre-orders before at least getting confirmation that they'd receive the item but that's just me speculating.

Cbajd5

Just used the $50 Best Buy credit for a black New 3DS XL, and used $17 of that credit for expedited shipping (assuming the order isn't canceled and something doesn't go wrong during shipping), so it should arrive on Sunday, February 15th.
Wait, they deliver on Sundays?

Hoping mine doesn't get cancelled I got it in pretty last minute.

*fingers crossed*

Edit: not even a minute later I get my email for the cancellation. Fucking Nintendo.

You jinxed yourself bro.

That sucks so much ass dude. Man as time passes more and more people post that theirs has been canceled.

Please don't cancel mine Best Buy.

VICI0US

No one knows yet if ALL are cancelled. BB might have picked a date and cancelled everything after that, who knows. We have to wait and see since some people in this thread still have their orders active.

I don't think pre-orders lasted for more than an hour, so all the orders are from 1/14/15.

honestly not sure how they're prioritizing these cancellations. OP claimed to have ordered within minutes of it going up and theirs was cancelled. I took about a half hour to order mine due to work but mine's still active (for now)

SRTtoZ

I don't think pre-orders lasted for more than an hour, so all the orders are from 1/14/15.

honestly not sure how they're prioritizing these cancellations. OP claimed to have ordered within minutes of it going up and theirs was cancelled. I took about a half hour to order mine due to work but mine's still active (for now)

It would really be shitty if they cancelled randomly.

Gameboy415

My order still seems to be open and BB just authorized a charge on my CC earlier today so hopefully I'll still get one...
I'm sorry to hear many of you guys had your orders cancelled though. :(

If it helps, Gamestop should still be taking pre-orders in-store - I was offered one at one of my local stores earlier today (which I declined b/c of my BB order).

Nah GCU + RZ makes anything unreliable they do worth it. With Amazon getting sales tax this year in Illinois I'll pretty much exclusively shop there for most game related purchases.

Seriously?? Blah. Any idea when it's going into effect? I've ordered a few things already this year and don't recall any tax being added.

Mudron

Wait, they deliver on Sundays?

I don't know who delivers for Best Buy, but a lot of places - including the United States Postal Service itself, in some cases - have started delivering on Sundays recently.

I feel bad for those poor drivers/delivery guys, but hey - dumb stuff at your door 7 days a week.

No that was for the limited edition of the game, which was originally advertised as Gamestop/Fry's only.

I still want that statue, I kinda hope I'll get lucky like with the WW HD LE and be able to get it again a few days before release.

Ok, that's probably what I'm remebering. I got an order for both the game and the console so probably mixed up the info for each.

This is pretty sad. On top of this I have a feeling there are going to be some very upset buyers on eBay when the resellers are forced to cancel a bunch of orders or simply can't fulfill the orders.

I hope Gamestop didn't oversell their allottment. I just checked and my order is active. Looks like this is going to be one of the most sought after 3DS Limited Editions with one of the smallest numbers. I feel bad for those that had their orders cancelled.

Piscus

My friend ordered about 15 minutes after me. He's GCU too but got his order cancelled. Mine is still there, but I am terrified...

Got my order canceled too, but I had a backup order from Gamestop just in case shit like this happened.

Already spent my $50 gift card they gave on Bloodborne CE, so it works on preorders everyone!

Nope. Mine exists still and I am a regular old scrub consumer.

I'm not a GCU member and mine is still active (for now at least).

Poor wording. Didn't mean to imply that GCU-ers were the only ones who would keep their orders. I'm just wondering if they're saving our cancellations for last.

My friend ordered about 15 minutes after me. He's GCU too but got his order cancelled. Mine is still there, but I am terrified...

Welp, there goes that theory.

Vena

I hope Gamestop didn't oversell their allottment. I just checked and my order is active. Looks like this is going to be one of the most sought after 3DS Limited Editions with one of the smallest numbers. I feel bad for those that had their orders cancelled.

I think GameStop still has them in-store, and the pre-orders from there and Target are all still valid.

Cbajd5

I don't know who delivers for Best Buy, but a lot of places - including the United States Postal Service itself, in some cases - have started delivering on Sundays recently.

I feel bad for those poor drivers/delivery guys, but hey - dumb stuff at your door 7 days a week.
I knew that some delivery services did it sometimes, but it's still something the stores have to allow. Gamestop still doesn't do Saturday or Sunday deliveries apparently, so if I don't get my (MH4U) system on release I'll be stuck waiting until Monday. (Although apparently I'll be able to get my $17 shipping charge back.)

Are you GCU or BB Elite member? They may be giving priority to their best customers since all the orders came in around the same time.

bomblord1

Banned
You are about to release a new system. You have 3 variations 1 regular and 2 special editions.

Your company is in dire financial straits and only just returned to profitability. You have X amount of dollars to allocate to making the initial shipment. If you ship too many you will lose money. If you ship too few you "tick off loyal customers" with a complex that makes them think they are owed whichever system they chose.

How many of each system do you release?

prag16

Banned
Best Buy fucked up my Wii U preorder way back when. Just randomly cancelled it when the charge hold on my credit card had to be renewed or some shit. They admitted fault and offered a $50 gift card at least. Not inclined to trust them with preorders moving forward.

Cbajd5

Ok, that's probably what I'm remebering. I got an order for both the game and the console so probably mixed up the info for each.

This is pretty sad. On top of this I have a feeling there are going to be some very upset buyers on eBay when the resellers are forced to cancel a bunch of orders or simply can't fulfill the orders.

I doubt Gamestop oversold considering they (officially) sold more today. Unless they're really stupid.

HardRojo

Man, everyone who only pre-ordered at BB and is getting their orders cancelled be like...
4mnMNoU.jpg

You are about to release a new system. You have 3 variations 1 regular and 2 special editions.

Your company is in dire financial straits and only just returned to profitability. You have X amount of dollars to allocate to making the initial shipment. If you ship too many you will lose money. If you ship too few you "tick off loyal customers" with a complex that makes them think they are owed whichever system they chose.

How many of each system do you release?
You gauge consumer response by announcing the goddamn thing more than a month from release and get preorder numbers. Then you ship what you need to fulfill preorders PLUS some retail stock.

You know, what everyone else does.

Mudron

I knew that some delivery services did it sometimes, but it's still something the stores have to allow. Gamestop still doesn't do Saturday or Sunday deliveries apparently, so if I don't get my (MH4U) system on release I'll be stuck waiting until Monday. (Although apparently I'll be able to get my $17 shipping charge back.)

I had no idea that day-dependent delivery depended on individual store policies - I just imaged that stores just offered as many delivery options as their local UPS/USPS/Fed Ex/etc distribution centers allow.

VICI0US

Are you GCU or BB Elite member? They may be giving priority to their best customers since all the orders came in around the same time.

neither. I rarely ever even shop at best buy and I actually checked out as a guest because I don't even have a BB account :\

I was told it was a mass cancellation and that the SKU is no longer in their system. Take that as you may.

finalexit

Not much of a story, really. Just this lady was banking on Wii U being the next Wii in popularity. When the Wii U launched, there was more than enough to meet demand. Unless that lady was able to return all of those, she would have taken a big hit trying to sell those consoles at MSRP.

Scalping pieces of shit such as the lady in the picture are usually able to return their leftover product with no hassle. There's really no risk involved that's why you see so many people (take a look at the slickdeals forums) doing it.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Poor wording. Didn't mean to imply that GCU-ers were the only ones who would keep their orders. I'm just wondering if they're saving our cancellations for last.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I don't know, but I fully expect my preorder to get cancelled though.

I'm perusing the games section to see what I want to do with that $50 gift certificate. I'm thinking it's going towards Xenoblade Chronicles X!

Top Bottom