• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth Balmore

Mar 15, 2011
Nononono cross gen would be a downer :( I want the game world to be HUGE and not be held back by PS3/360, damn it!

Steel

Banned
Jun 20, 2013
I think it might be crossgen

Went through the CSS and it also mentions PS4, Xbox One and Steam which to me means that this is definitely not an old CSS; and yeah, it has 460 and PS3 in it as well.
That's really unfortunate for an open world game.

Auctopus

Apr 6, 2014
If this is cross-gen, I am so out. For Bethesda to get me interested in a new title, they were gonna have to develop a new engine and start from the ground up. Old gen systems suggest that this isn't the case.

Obliterator

Apr 21, 2015
For those saying "who cares about cross gen"

This is a gigantic open world title. Its not just about them graphiczzzzz

If they are going to support freaking 8+ year old hardware with 500mb of RAM there is no chance it doesn't impact game design and gameplay as well. I mean shit even the Far Cry 4 team said they had to make big compromises since it had to run on last gen hardware

sensui-tomo

Sep 14, 2011
ew cross-gen, loved the way that worked out for DA:I, Shadows of mordor, Destiny, Alien, and anything else i've missed.

Jun 28, 2013
If it's truly last gen. That just rekindles my belief for a 2015 release.

Also savour that last gen solemnly. 90% chance this is the only Fallout we get the entire gen.

Dutcher

Neo Member
Aug 24, 2014
23 HOURS
HOLY SHIT
HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
YESSSSSSSSSSSS
YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Went through the CSS and it also mentions PS4, Xbox One and Steam which to me means that this is definitely not an old CSS; and yeah, it has 460 and PS3 in it as well.
This would match the list on the E3 showfloor.

Note how the free 2 play game (Battlecry) and the action game (Doom) are only listed for PC/XB1/PS4 (and seemingly a mobile tie-in for Doom), but the RPG (Fallout 4) is listed as cross-gen.

Bethesda:

Action > Android
Action > Apple iOS
Action > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Action > PC/Windows
Action > Publication/Media
Action > Sony Playstation
Action > Sony Playstation 4
Action > Xbox
Action > Xbox One
Free-to-play > Android
Free-to-play > Apple iOS
Free-to-play > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Free-to-play > PC/Windows
Free-to-play > Sony Playstation
Free-to-play > Sony Playstation 4
Free-to-play > Xbox
Free-to-play > Xbox One
Publication > Android
Publication > Mobile Phone / Tablet
Publication > PC/Windows
Publication > Sony Playstation
Publication > Sony Playstation 3
Publication > Sony Playstation 4
Publication > Xbox
Publication > Xbox 360
Publication > Xbox One
Role-Playing > PC/Windows
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 3
Role-Playing > Sony Playstation 4
Role-Playing > Xbox
Role-Playing > Xbox 360
Role-Playing > Xbox One

gamechanger87

Jul 10, 2013
Wow, cross-gen possibility. This makes very little sense. I guess they figure that there are enough people on the old consoles that why bother going all out for current gen.

:(

Xamtheking

Mar 26, 2014

Note how the free 2 play game (Battlecry) and the action game (Doom) are only listed for PC/XB1/PS4 (and seemingly a mobile tie-in for Doom), but the RPG (Fallout 4) is listed as cross-gen.
Please take your immaculate logic(Why must you be spot-on) and put it somewhere else

Lakitu

st5fu
Jun 7, 2004

Ugh, it's all lining up.

todahawk

Feb 25, 2008
error text on fallout4.com

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

KorrZ

Jun 7, 2011
Best we can hope for is that Bethesda is focused entirely on PS4/XONE/PC versions and some other developer can port down to the other systems.

jett

D-Member
Jun 6, 2004

Well there are many other games out there to give fucks about, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.