• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see any benefit for a publisher to still be doing cross gen. Sales are terrible now for core titles and it limits the potential of current gen titles. Don't see how publishers can still think it's a good idea in any way to do that now.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Bethesda's reliance on gamebryo---or engines that they say aren't gamebryo but somehow look just like gamebryo up to and including the same bugs gamebryo is known for---makes me think crossgen really isn't going to hold the game back. It is too early to start crying.

tcrunch

I think it might be crossgen

QkHuZRO.png

fDpflDv.png

Went through the CSS and it also mentions PS4, Xbox One and Steam which to me means that this is definitely not an old CSS; and yeah, it has 460 and PS3 in it as well.

IZL3eh4.gif

geeze go for a walk to have a coffee and the cross-gengate for fallout 4 happens.

But honestly, if it is cross-gen, that would be a disappointment....Unless there's a separate developer working on the last gen version and obsidian, bethesda or whoever is working on the XBO, PS4, & PC version of the game.

Only way we find out is tomorrow.

Ask yourself: why were the PS3 and 360 listed to begin with? I doubt it's a mere mistake, there has to be some meaning to that.

i think that if any name/item/character/asset that was present in some form in a 360/ps3 bethesda title is re-used they have to put the console anyways for parity.

Denzar

Best we can hope for is that Bethesda is focused entirely on PS4/XONE/PC versions and some other developer can port down to the other systems.

Hope that's the case.

I'm tired of last gen console development spreading the possibilities and teams (too) thin.

d00d3n

So disappointed if cross-gen is true. Dat Skyrim sales have fucked with their common sense. There are already two gigantic 3d Fallouts (+dlc) that push open world gameplay scope to last gen limits. A new "map pack" of Fallout levels with the option to up-res on PC and current gen, while being fully compatible with last gen, is not enough.

This was the time to do grand things like replacing indoor instancing with proper streaming technology. Maybe have some nice ai stuff interacting on a grand scale in open world. Vehicles? Destructibility? Nope, none of this stuff can happen, because Bethesda want to sell 15 million copies of their game.

I think they could make it work cross gen with little sacrifice to visual quality if they really wanted to, but my greater fear is that they need to be buying into the platform shift at this point. Current gen consoles need the sales to keep the industry moving forward. Moves like this are a negative for the industry as a whole.

cirrhosis

say that obsidian is doing the last gen version and Bethesda is doing the current gen version. Would you change your mind

Reverse who's doing the gen versions and it'll be good. Though in reality, no way do I see Obsidian working with Bethsoft again.

also, if cross-gen, we'll be seeing gamebryo again.

(It'll always be Gamebryo no matter the gen)

Fun is subjective. Some of us expect a game being released in 2015-2016 that is a AAA game to take advantage of new hardware. If you don't, then oh well. The fun factor for many of us is influenced by how the game runs and a Fallout 4 on a machine with 512mb of ram is going to also be severely limited on the PS4/X1/PC.
and the PC is going to be severely limited by the jaguar CPU of XB1 and PS4, but we'll get over that if the game is fun

Why do a 24 hour countdown?! Just save it for E3! C'mon Bethesda. It'd hit so much harder if they saved it for THEIR PRESS CONFERENCE, as a complete surprise. Now they're going to put out a teaser a week or two early, and the moment on stage will have a lot less impact. We all knew it was coming, but jeez. Just give your audience the cool reveal on stage. It's your first press conference, so it's not like it's an announcement that would be overshadowed by being presented at another companies conference.

This happens every year, and I'll never understand it. Go ahead and tell your kids what their birthday present is right before they unwrap it. *eyeroll*

Nesther

I doubt they started working on the game today. Must have been in the works for quite some time already.

Yeah and GZ and PP were announced 3 years ago, before we even knew about the PS4. MGS being crossgen is entirely justifiable, FO4 in 2015 however not.

From

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1095aca23a46ffb633fdc476e94194a9/tumblr_npaahsr5bv1sbzhteo1_400.gif[/MG]

to

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gUiShdM.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

So true. :lol

I went from uncontainable hype to "oh god please don't suck" in mere seconds.

Tomorrow's going to be interesting.

Sifl

After Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim on last gen, especially the PS3, I can't see them doing this.

todahawk

Did anyone read the Source Code?

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Yeah, posted it a few pages ago, thread moves damn fast

Yeah and GZ and PP were announced 3 years ago, before we even knew about the PS4. MGS being crossgen is entirely justifiable, FO4 in 2015 however not.

Uh what if it comes out this year, the same time as MGS5? It's been nearly 4 years since Skyrim was released, 7 since Fallout 3; they've had plenty of time to work on this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom