• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a ctrl + F5 and still see it.

white.svg");width:309px;height:145px}.beth-studios-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/bethesda-studios-icon-black.svg");width:309px;height:145px}.xbox-360-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-360-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.xbox-360-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-360-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:20px}.xbox-one-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-one-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.xbox-one-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-one-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:20px}.ps4-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/ps4-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.ps4-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/ps4-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:21px}.ps3-icon{background-

Yeah, I still see 'em too.

Hope they're only in there because it's based on older code. I really can't fathom Beth releasing a game built for 2005 hardware in 2015. Please no.

Alienous

It now only lists XBO and PS4.

Hmm.

Now, would they change something like that and effectively give more information about the game pre-announcement just to quiet speculative backlash?

Or is it damage control? Like, perhaps the PS3 and 360 versions were going to exist on the sly and this highlights them too much?

Hmm.

Guys, PS3 and 360 are no longer in the Google Tag Manager. I think it was a mistake. I think we're safe.

Too close. I was already at the bargaining stage of grief.

LRVnPYqM8DLag.gif

Lakitu

st5fu
As I posted earlier and this needs to be reiterated:

360 and PS3 mentions have been removed from Google Tag Manager. Whole thing got cleaned up quick. Fallout 4 isn't even mentioned in it anymore.

Eh, sounds like they're just trying to discourage rumours.

We'll find out in 24 hours I guess.

looking at the beginning pages and the hype and then seeing that burn down with the cross gen possibility

If they are still using the Skyrim engine for it I don't think it would matter anyway, graphics wise.

That and the amount of sales Skyrim had, they probably want the same for Fallout, if it is cross-gen I know I won't be surprised.

Xando

It now only lists XBO and PS4.

I did a ctrl + F5 and still see it in the CSS.

white.svg");width:309px;height:145px}.beth-studios-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/bethesda-studios-icon-black.svg");width:309px;height:145px}.xbox-360-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-360-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.xbox-360-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-360-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:20px}.xbox-one-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-one-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.xbox-one-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/xbox-one-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:20px}.ps4-icon{background-image:url("/assets/icons/ps4-icon.svg");width:96px;height:18px}.ps4-icon-black{background-image:url("/assets/icons/ps4-icon-black.svg");width:96px;height:21px}.ps3-icon{background-

STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS, GAF.

roytheone

The only good thing about it being cross gen is that it will be interesting to see how incredibly fucked up the PS3 version will be. Bethesda couldn't make a working PS3 version of their games when it was a priority,and now that it will probably be an afterthought? That shit will be unplayable is my guess.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Huh? Separate town maps with huge walls even for small settlements. Separate indoors maps. That's just two huge ones.
I think what we've learned from the Bloodstained thread when it comes to people, games, and the platforms they're developed for will be applicable here.

Corto

Well, Skyrim sold over 20 million copies, so if they have similar aspirations here, I can see why they'd make it cross-gen.

Fallout 4 won't need Xbox 360/PS3 sales to eventually reach those numbers. When it launches, PS4/Xbox one combined would be a pretty healthy size to ensure that, and PC.

I mean, I played the shit out of Skyrim on Xbox, but saying it wasn't held back is super disengenuos. Dipped down to single frames in some combat situations, and let's not even talk about the PS3 debacle.

Didn't dip for me on PC, so it wasn't held back by that release. If it did on 360 during really intense fights I don't think that's the worst thing, since most of the time it was fine. At least millions more people were able to play that game.

I just recently played through Ground Zeroes on PS3, and I really didn't mind the framedrops during particularly intense fighting. Especially in that game where if you get in that situation you basically fucked up.

FelipeMGM

THE TAGS ARE NOW GONE FROM GOOGLE IT WAS A MISTAKE. EVERYONE REPOST THIS TO STOP THE TRAIN OF MISERY.

Not really

It was almost a good day

Asgaro

Deleting a few tags on a website suddenly makes a cross-gen game a next-gen game?

what_a_time_to_be_alive.jpg

Kabouter

Screw the franchise history, add foliage, lots of it. Make the world almost all foliage. Do for green what Fallout 3 did for brown.

Writing this game off because it's cross gen? lol

Is fun really that low of a priority for you?

Fun is subjective. Some of us expect a game being released in 2015-2016 that is a AAA game to take advantage of new hardware. If you don't, then oh well. The fun factor for many of us is influenced by how the game runs and a Fallout 4 on a machine with 512mb of ram is going to also be severely limited on the PS4/X1/PC.

aravuus

Perhaps Bethesda is developing the Xbox One/PS4 versions and Obsidian the last gen? I could live with that.

Well I sure hope not, Obsidian's skills are way better used somewhere else than porting a Bethesda game on last-gen consoles

I'm not shouting from joy before I get an official "FO4 coming in xxxx" announcement trailer, so I'm not gonna feel too let down by these possible cross-gen rumors either before it's either confirmed or denied

A fucking bummer if it IS cross-gen, though

Wouldn't it be in the google tag manager if they wanted it to get picked up? I also see Fallout 3 mentions in the CSS.

http://www.googletagmanager.com/gtm.js?id=GTM-P8P6GJ

{35:31,60:53,61:86,62:58,63:103,36:32,64:32},14,'http://www.zenimax.com/legal_privacy_us|http://www.zenimax.com/legal_privac...://www.zenimax.com/legal_privacy_pl','Privacy Policy',{35:31,60:53,61:86,62:58,63:107,36:32,64:32},15,'http://bethsoft.com/en-us/contact','Contact',{35:31,60:53,61:86,62:58,63:111,36:32,64:32},16,'app-footer-copyright-icon icon xbox-one-icon-black','Xbox One',{35:31,60:53,61:98,62:58,63:115,36:32,64:32},17,'app-footer-copyright-icon icon ps4-icon-black','PS4',{35:31,60:53,61:98,62:58,63:119,36:32,64:32},18,'countdown-bucket-list-item countdown-bucket-list-item-pre-order','Pre-order Page',{35:31,60:53,61:86,62:58,63:123,36:32,64:32},19,'gtm.formSubmit','form newsletter-page-form','Form Submit',

AAMARMO

Banned
say that obsidian is doing the last gen version and Bethesda is doing the current gen version. Would you change your mind

Did anyone read the Source Code?

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Are we just living in a real-life Vault experiment??

TM94

Something like this really reinforces that Fallout is an absolute behemoth of the industry and completely absorbed into mainstream entertainment culture.

Over 12,000 retweets and 9,000 favorites on twitter already for the site announcement, not to mention it's trending worldwide.

gaf be like: woohoo that Fallout 4 hype...

then: cross-gen, hell no...

now: it's a mistake, hype back to max...

me: damn I can't handle this already!

Nesther

Ask yourself: why were the PS3 and 360 listed to begin with? I doubt it's a mere mistake, there has to be some meaning to that.

Nibel

It's still in the code guys, just checked.

And I really hope this is not true but the E3 website listing makes me believe this is indeed cross-gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom