• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betting time: Do you think the Switch will be a success?

Will the Switch be a success?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon Prime GIF by The Boys

Mozza

Every time you bump it, I go back to page one and re-read the hot takes :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_heart:
The first 84 and a half pages are saying the Switch has pretty much no chance, then around launch some are suggesting we may have a sales hit on our hands, then the naysayers are suggesting that sales will drop off a cliff pretty soon.... never happened though, but yes very funny thread with the power of hindsight. ;)

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It's not going to be more successful than the WiiU.
Wow, haha. My own comment from 2017.

just shows how unpredictable the market is. Bet Nintendo themselves did not see that success coming, so I’m nit even embarrassed.
Though I still remain in my point that the fact that there was no new DS helped the switch MASSIVELY. The Switch would have never taken off like this if Nintendo didn’t ditch the handhelds.

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Wow, haha. My own comment from 2017.

just shows how unpredictable the market is. Bet Nintendo themselves did not see that success coming, so I’m nit even embarrassed.
Though I still remain in my point that the fact that there was no new DS helped the switch MASSIVELY. The Switch would have never taken off like this if Nintendo didn’t ditch the handhelds.
I think people grossly underestimated portable gaming then. It wasn't too big of a surprise if you saw the increasing demand for people to play games anywhere. It just wasn't on forums like this.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
just shows how unpredictable the market is
Half true. Market is a jungle and things can go crazy sometimes, but mostly don't.

Wanna know the secret of the Switch? Good marketing with good software. The reveal of the console was Zelda, a new great 3D Mario, thirdy party games and even fucking eSports. That's the recipe since ever. Capcom in recent times and Sony with the PS3 learned it too

Wasn't really a surprise. Was great work

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Half true. Market is a jungle and things can go crazy sometimes, but mostly don't.

Wanna know the secret of the Switch? Good marketing with good software. The reveal of the console was Zelda, a new great 3D Mario, thirdy party games and even fucking eSports. That's the recipe since ever. Capcom in recent times and Sony with the PS3 learned it too

Wasn't really a surprise. Was great work
You’d really think the Switch would have made anywhere these number if there would have been a 4DS as well?

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Impotaku

I fear I might have been the impetus for this necro though.

Well, I say fear. The Hall of Shame on the front page is well deserved and should never been forgotten.
Keep bumping as needed, the people that want it to quietly slip away are the ones that made shit predictions muwahaha.

There’s plenty of egg to go around for everyone’s faces.

blacktout

Top 100 Nintendo published games
Updated Software as of 31st March 2023, Switch games colored purple

Cy3zfaS.png
Wow.

I think the biggest surprise for me is that Luigi's Mansion 3 is in the top 50. I was aware that it sold well, but seeing it in this context really shows what a breakout moment it was for the franchise.

Gexxy1

I didn't post a prediction, but when I first saw/heard about the system I thought it was going to be Nintendo's worst console. Am overpriced handheld that plugs into the TV? Get the fuck outta here, that shit will never work.

Then I got one myself and realized what a cool little machine it actually is (though I only have 2 games for it...).

Banned
It would be Nintendo creating the impossible, and taking us into the fourth dimension. ;)

Build in, OS and API level rewind function. every time you rewind it makes a save state from which you can branch off of.
The name of this feature is ReTime™
Developers can program in features that react to the player using the dedicated ReTime™ button with game specific gameplay elements.

Launch title: Xbox Game Studios Presents: Blinx: Pocket Dimension

4D gaming at the palm of your hands!
NINTENDO 4DS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom