• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billboard: Lady Gaga Is Replacing Beyoncé at Coachella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going and I'm excited. Probably gonna split her set with moderat or four tet or whatever good electronic act will be against her. Gonna be a fun time.

Anyone who believed that daft punk would play... come on now lol

Timeless

Not even close... especially not compared to Beyoncé with her recent album Lemonade.

Gaga hasn't done the whole "I have something to say" thing since Born This Way in 2011, ARTPOP and Joanne were both vapid in their own ways
Artpop has some stinkers but over the years I've gone from thinking it's 1/3 great to 2/3 great.

Donatella is a critique of absurd and homogeneous female beauty standards. Fashion! a statement on those who only feel at home when dressed up.

Gypsy a killer track on being okay with who you are, even if it you might never find that someone.

Ratrat

Not even close... especially not compared to Beyoncé with her recent album Lemonade.

Gaga hasn't done the whole "I have something to say" thing since Born This Way in 2011, ARTPOP and Joanne were both vapid in their own ways
But Joanne has a song about lesbians and BLM.

Truth be told no one really gives a fuck about GaGa anymore other than her established base. Nothing wrong with that, but she's definitely the Cyndi Lauper (if even that) of her time. Huge releases at the onset and a gradual fade to irrelevance in pop culture as a whole.

Truth be told no one really gives a fuck about GaGa anymore other than her established base. Nothing wrong with that, but she's definitely the Cyndi Lauper (if even that) of her time. Huge releases at the onset and a gradual fade to irrelevance in pop culture as a whole.

She just got booked to headline Coachella after headlining the Super Bowl Halftime Show and selling out a world tour. It might be time you acknowledge that there is zero fading going on. She's consistently securing bigger gigs than her peers. She earned that.

She just got booked to headline Coachella after headlining the Super Bowl Halftime Show and selling out a world tour. It might be time you acknowledge that there is zero fading going on. She's consistently securing bigger gigs than her peers. She earned that.
Girl has connections, yes. But it's not indicative of her overall place in the zeitgeist at all. Joanne's middling reception towards all demographics is a better indicator of her place. Cite perfume, clothing, etc. all you want but her fans are the ones that purchase that type of stuff. Her established fanbase are the ones that shell out for her concerts as well, therefore my point still stands.

Nothing wrong with her relying on the fanbase she secured, but a Beyoncé, Rihanna, Madonna, she is not.

botty

Banned
I almost vomited when heard this news. My heart is so heavy for those who wanted to see a black woman headline.

see5harp

Gaga will put on a good show, I'm sure, but I'll just hang out in one of the tents and finish up whatever drugs I have left.

I'm going and I'm excited. Probably gonna split her set with moderat or four tet or whatever good electronic act will be against her. Gonna be a fun time.

If we're being honest I probably would have left chair bound Beyonce for Four Tet or Moderat anyways.

but a Beyoncé, Rihanna, Madonna, she is not.

kTPwxUU.gif

Reeks

God damn I feel old. Coachella is so different now. I like Lady Gaga and all, but I remember the last year I was upset about not going was when Richard D James had a set. Now I feel and sound old.

Dany

Banned
Remember when you wanted the cool substitute that played movies in class.

But instead you got the substitute teacher that made you do homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom