• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

Khalid-S

Killing the chainsaw guy from stage 2 is a pain in the ass. I want to play co-op but I have a final tomorrow :(

Have fun guys.

Xyphie

Just finished playing through both levels twice. Fuck amazing game, it's really hard to get back to playing this on a pad after playing the superb RE4 Wii for over a year so I died a few times. :lol

Anyone wants my Japanese account so they can download this?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
The controls still feel tank like to me. Run, stop, shoot, run, stop, shoot. I don't know sometimes it's just way too slow.

h3ro

Xyphie said:
Just finished playing through both levels twice. Fuck amazing game, it's really hard to get back to playing this on a pad after playing the superb RE4 Wii for over a year so I died a few times. :lol

If you would be so kind. :D

JoeFenix

Xyphie said:

Yes please!!!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Thanks to everyone who's sharing and passing stuff along in such an organized way, and obviously to Grimm to opened the floodgates. :)

Enjoy, everyone. I know I am.

Although I started Dead Space today and am up to Chapter 9, and I'm usually fine with controls but 2 games that control so similarly so close together, the differences (like A or X to be action, and A or LB for run) are tripping me up bad. Plus it's 5AM. :lol

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
kamorra said:
The controls still feel tank like to me. Run, stop, shoot, run, stop, shoot. I don't know sometimes it's just way too slow.

Particularly having played lots of L4D lately, this does feel very slow.

But it's also basically RE4 in HD so I'm kinda loving it.

It's just so damn brutal. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
To the current person with the "community" account:

Wark has been awesome enough to share his account with me. You can scrub my name off the list and send it to the next person.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, amazing demo.
Everything about this game is amazing.

luffeN

Spider_Jerusalem said:
Thank you, that's it! But it seems i can't download it, I made a new gold account yesterday, but it seems it isn't clicakble on the web :(

from the link i was able to click download but then it prompted the xbox live login screen.

edit: i will be able to download it in around 10 hours or so. if someone can give me the login details it would be kindly appreciated :)

h3ro

Xyphie, you didn't give me the Gamertag for the account. I don't see the option to recover without inputting the GT.

Wark, I have Xyphies info, Thanks though. :)

Xyphie

h3ro said:
Xyphie, you didn't give me the Gamertag for the account. I don't see the option to recover without inputting the GT.

Wark, I have Xyphies info, Thanks though. :)

Oh, I though you only needed the Hotmail adress and PW. GT is Xyphie22JPN or Xyphie22Japan don't remember which.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Except the sound!
The sound sucks in the demo!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
12%, damn Australian internet connection, GO FASTER :lol

Fletcher

I really don't like how chunky and slow the controls feel.

I LOVED RE4(and all the prior ones, too), so I'm sure i just need to get back into the swing of things.

h3ro

Xyphie said:
Oh, I though you only needed the Hotmail adress and PW. GT is Xyphie22JPN or Xyphie22Japan don't remember which.

Xyphie22JPN is the GT. D/Ling now, I'll forward it to JoeFenix when I'm done, currently at 30%.

Thanks Xyphie, much appreciated bud. :)

h3ro

Cirekiller said:
A little help here I got the account what now?

Hit the Guide and sign out. Then hit it again and go to recover GT. Follow the commands and put in the info. Then go to Acct. Management -> D/L History -> Biohazard all up in yo face.

V-Sync problems playing with VGA anyone?.

Amazing demo but the online sucks when your partner is not a good player. I played the first scenario 3 times and my partner died the 3 times in a few minutes from the start.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
played the chainsaw level again, keeping in mind the re4 trick of stunning enemies and then melee attacking them, and i enjoyed it quite a bit more. i guess i just had to get into the right mindset. you couldn't melee attack enemies after shooting them in the face in re4, could you? that's a nice addition. if in fact it's an addition

edit: i noticed some screentear in the first cutscene, and i'm on hdmi. didn't spot any elsewhere, but i haven't got great eyes for it

i can share my japan account:D first person to quote me gets it!

just finished both sections and so far looking like day 1! they really force you to work together, which can be good or bad depending or your partner:lol

BigBoss

drohne said:
played the chainsaw level again, keeping in mind the re4 trick of stunning enemies and then melee attacking them, and i enjoyed it quite a bit more. i guess i just had to get into the right mindset. you couldn't melee attack enemies after shooting them in the face in re4, could you? that's a nice addition. if in fact it's an addition

That was in RE4.

Kafel

Banned
I've used all my free months with new accounts. : (

If someone wants to share a JP account with me please let me know.

aj2good4you2 said:

just finished both sections and so far looking like day 1! they really force you to work together, which can be good or bad depending or your partner:lol

please!!

aj2good4you2 said:

Please?

NOOOOO

I choked.

h3ro

JoeFenix said:
Ok who's next in line after me H3Ro?

I want to know who to PM when I'm done with the account!

Sent you the info bud.

Thanks again Xyphie!

Also, I hope I got taken off that original list started by SnakeXs and Grimm, if my tag comes up, skip over me, I have the demo.

FrankT

Y2Kev said:
I don't see any tearing or slowdown...I thought it played great in both scenarios.

edit: Now I'm logged back into my main and playing.

Yea, no problems here for the most part either playing over HDMI@1080p. Only noticed some very slight tearing during the first cut scene, but during gameplay, nada.

The game itself I can already tell is going to be one of my favorites this gen just like DR. I do need more time with the controls if I had to nitpick anything.

Y2Kev said:
Sheva saying "thanks pahtnah" is horrible :lol

Shooter fans are going to feel right at home INSTANTLY. New controls are amazing. Graphics are amazing. Tense as hell, tons of enemies, lots of firepower, fairly intelligent AI partner (she didn't get into any trouble on her own).

THANKS PAHTHNAH
THANKS PAHTHNAHTHANKS PAHTHNAHTHANKS PAHTHNAHTHANKS PAHTHNAHTHANKS PAHTHNAHTHANKS PAHTHNAH

Yea, good stuff. Haha.

duckroll

Okay, tried the demo out. I'm not entirely impressed with the way it controls. It doesn't really feel very natural to me, and I've tried all the control schemes. It feels like they designed the game to be much more of a shooter with more enemies and closer proximity in terms of encounters, but kept the RE4 camera and animations. The turning and stuff is really slow and I'm not really feeling it. The graphics are really good, but I'm just not feeling the overall package at the moment.

Maybe I'm tired, but I found myself pretty annoyed at quite a few sequence in the demo. If you stay inside the house in the first scenario for example, the axe guy can come in, and if you run out from the way you came in, you can kinda end up trapped in the corridor. I know you're supposed to run out through the barrier he breaks down when he comes at you, but it can be pretty frustrating if you simply choose the wrong way to hole up in the house.

In the second scenario, I found the split pretty annoying too. It wasn't immediately clear to me that she was jumping over to go downstairs and unlock a gate, since I simply went into a house and got to the top and got a partner action. There's nothing that indicated to me clearly that I was supposed to go down a floor to cover her and then down again to cover her while she unlocked a gate. It became obvious when she started calling for help, but by then it just felt like I wasn't playing the game "properly".

My final gripe is that the way you tackle both minibosses in the scenarios is pretty..... lame to say the least. You shoot them either in their weak spot or damage them a lot... then you run up to them and do some lame melee move? These guys look huge and have giant weapons and that's the best sort of tactic Chris can think of? I dunno, maybe the developers got a little too carried away with the OMG CHRIS IS SO BUFF LOOK AT THOSE 10 INCH BICEPS thing... :/

Yeah, so I'm not really feeling the demo right now, maybe later I'll play some co-op and it'll be better. So far the magic of RE4 just isn't there imo.

k0ji-wd

aj2good4you2 said:

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaant!

Top Bottom