• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two |OT| The Debt Is Paid

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Holy crap I forgot about this. Am I going to have to rehook up my 360 again??

Damn, last gen won't die (spending more time on ps3 with Lords of Shadow and Dark Souls II than anything these days. Thought I was done with xboxn360!)

SlickVic

I knew this was coming up, but in midst of getting back into Diablo 3 and chipping away at P4G, I forgot it was out so soon. I didn't want to play Episode 1 until I could play 2, so looking forward to playing both this week.

Braag

I have the season pass but haven't even yet started on Episode One. Gonna play through them once EP 2 is also released.

And that title reminds me that Game of Thrones S4 is soon here.

I'm nervous as hell about the reviews. Really, I hope Irrational goes out strong.

I'll probably end up crying at the end of the DLC. (
Just kidding. I don't cry
)

ButchCat

I'm nervous as hell about the reviews. Really, I hope Irrational goes out strong.

I'll probably end up crying at the end of the DLC. (
Just kidding. I don't cry
)
The reviews were mixed for the first episode and that didn't change it from being an awesome bit of DLC for me. From your avatar I take it you're a fan too so I don't see why you should be concerned about other peoples' opinions.

Sigh, I wish we could pre-load the game on Steam. I want to play it ASAP tomorrow, but I'll have to download it first. And I don't really have super fast internet (not super slow, but not super fast either).

Do we have any idea how large the download will be on PC?

Kaswa101

How good was the first episode? Thinking of buying this.

I liked it. If you enjoyed the main game, you'll likely enjoy the DLC too.

I found that there was too much combat for my liking, like the main game, and the experience was too short for the price imo, but it was a great expansion.

Looking forward to Episode 2.

Skinless

DLC Elizabeth is a very nicely done model.
I just don't like how white they made her face, giving her a heavy make-up look; I like my women au naturel.

It may be accurate for the era that they are going for, I'm just saying I like Infinite's version of Elizabeth better.

Alucrid

Banned
I just don't like how white they made her face, giving her a heavy make-up look; I like my women au naturel.

It may be accurate for the era that they are going for, I'm just saying I like Infinite's version of Elizabeth better.

i guess people are just born with eye shadow and mascara in the bioshock world

Ithil

So I guess they're not doing the Jurassic Park Trespasser deal where you look down and see Elizabeth's cleavage. Probably for the best.

Melchiah

IrrationalGames just posted this on Twitter:

"For the DLC launch, please note standard timings will occur. XBL in the morning of the 25th, Steam mid-day, PSN in the evening/26th Eastern Standard Time".

Thanks, sony.

That might be because the EU store is updated on wednesdays. Welcome to the European way of PlayStation gaming, where you're always served the last.

BlazinAm

ummmmmm

IrrationalGames just posted this on Twitter:

"For the DLC launch, please note standard timings will occur. XBL in the morning of the 25th, Steam mid-day, PSN in the evening/26th Eastern Standard Time".
Well that determines which game I'm playing this evening. RoS it is then.

Fuchsdh

So I guess they're not doing the Jurassic Park Trespasser deal where you look down and see Elizabeth's cleavage. Probably for the best.

I've always wondered if we're ever going to get to the point where they treat our FOV like we were inhabiting a character instead of a camera, but it might just be so off putting it will never catch on.

I can't wait. I haven't downloaded the first Burial at Sea because I didn't want to deal with a cliffhanger and I kind of figured that one of them would be better than the other and the whole experience would probably be better than each episode.

With that, I'll gracefully exit this thread.

glass-door-exit-fail.gif

Where the heck are the reviews?

EDIT: Nevermind, Ryan from IGN says it's 2am PT. Weird time. I REALLY hope that embargo doesn't reflect poor quality.

ArjanN

"au na·tu·rel. adjective ˌō-ˌna-tə-ˈrel, -ˌna-chə-. : in a natural state : without anything added"
What's your problem exactly? People just look better without make-up.

I think he was just pointing out the irony of a 'natural' look for a videogame character.

Con_Smith

Banned
Damn didn't know this was coming so soon. One of the main reasons I kept my Xbox besides my digital backlog and walking dead saves due to buying the season pass for this so kinda excited to see how it all ends.

Hopefully it isn't filled with cheap enemies and has more interesting window dressing outside of battle. Haven't watched any media on it so can't wait to hit this thing clean tomorrow morning.

Skinless

I think he was just pointing out the irony of a 'natural' look for a videogame character.
If they made her skin green and people complained that it looked 'unnatural', would that be ironic?

When art imitates reality (such as the model of a person), then it is valid to compare the art to reality.

(Keep in mind that my original complaint is very small. I'm not saying they should change anything, it's just something that came across my mind this morning when I saw that picture.)

Hmm, already have BI, but not the first episode DLC. Trying to decide if I should just buy the season pass or the set for $5 more .. but considering that the game itself is only $8 now it's not 'really a big deal.

Top Bottom