• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two |OT| The Debt Is Paid

MauroNL

Please remember all of those times I listed are approximations. Please don't attack me if they're off by a minute...or an hour or two. ;D

I really can't wait to see the first reactions to the story tomorrow. There had better be some HEAVY usage of the spoiler tags...
It's still not up yet on Xbox, damn you! I need this ASAP aaargh :p

It's still not up yet on Xbox, damn you! I need this ASAP aaargh :p

image.php

Lunzio

If anybody is interested in the amount of time it may take to complete it:
~ 5 hours
according to a few reviews.

Release on xbox already!

MauroNL

I really like what I'm reading here. It says the plot has a huge impact on the Bioshock universe as a whole. It also says it's significantly longer than episode 1 and the stealth is great.
This might end up as one of the best single player dlcs ever.
Right up there with Minerva's Den !

So, what happens if this content ends up having a bug/glitch (save bug for example) that was not found during development? Would it ever get fixed?

MauroNL

Looks like part 2 is up on the web marketplace now as well. Part 1 is 1.65 GB and part 2 is 1.26 GB so total should add up to just shy of 3GB, which is small compared to PC's 12GB. Still not up for season pass holders on 360 but shouldn't take long now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
You lucky bastards, this doesn't go live on the NZ PSN til overnight on Wed/Thurs ~_~

Will have to set the download up before work on Thursday morning.

And GameTrailers gave it an 8.7/10.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
Part 2 is free, so any impatient Season Pass holders should download that now and just wait for Part 1 in the Season Pass store

OneLetter

One important tip, since a lot tend to forget about it. Don't forget about using your Weapon Wheel in Episode Two. Same exact functionality as in Episode One, but all of Elizabeth's different bolts / weapons will be found there, so you'll likely be utilizing it more than in Episode One.

Hope you enjoy the final episode of the Burial at Sea saga, and the conclusion of BioShock Infinite.

**EDIT**
We've just made a fix for Xbox 360 Season Pass holders, which is currently propagating across their servers. Both (1 of 2) and (2 of 2) should be listed as "FREE" and available from the Season Pass menu.

Fuchsdh

One important tip, since a lot tend to forget about it. Don't forget about using your Weapon Wheel in Episode Two. Same exact functionality as in Episode One, but all of Elizabeth's different bolts / weapons will be found there, so you'll likely be utilizing it more than in Episode One.

Hope you enjoy the final episode of the Burial at Sea saga, and the conclusion of BioShock Infinite.

**EDIT**
We've just made a fix for Xbox 360 Season Pass holders, which is currently propagating across their servers. Both (1 of 2) and (2 of 2) should be listed as "FREE" and available from the Season Pass menu.

Thanks, looking forward to it. I started downloading the free Pt 2 off the Marketplace, I assume I'll be fine with downloading Pt 1 from the Season Pass Store, or will I have to download Pt 2 from there to make sure the game "sees" it too?

MauroNL

**EDIT**
It's up in the season pass store on 360! Finally downloading, thanks a bunch you guys!

Okay, see you all tomorrow. I don't want to spoil myself. The PSN is the reason why I'll never buy a PS4.

You might get lucky.

IIRC, didn't Sony push out EP1 for european season pass holders on the Tuesday?

Today, Naval Strike for BF4 came out for premium members, Sony updated the European store early this morning rather then wait for tomorrow.

Bittersweet the team that put this together is no longer around, hopefully it ends up being a good launch point for the rest of their careers. Looking at the scores, definitely something they can hang their hats on.

aravuus

What a great time to remember this stuff. Absolutely loved Bioshock Infinite, think I'll snatch the season pass today or tomorrow to try out the dlc.

Melchiah

Whoa! This seems to be a pretty great send-off to Irrational and the PS3.

Oh damn, was looking on marketplace earlier and couldn't find it...totally forgot to even check the in-game menu for season pass. Downloading now!!

edit: This is like the 2nd time I've turned on my 360 since getting my X1 in Nov, that's how much pull you have with me Irrational ;)

edit2: Damn the 360 controller just feels weird now that I've been holding the X1 controller so long...not sure if it's a good weird or bad weird yet, lol.

Daft_Cat

Oh man. I just got Second Son last night, and now this drops. Infinite was my favourite game of last year, so I can't NOT immediately play this.

I almost hope it doesn't go up on PSN today so that I have an excuse to dig into Infamous first.

The_D

Neo Member
Gametrailers review. Be warned that this video review has some spoilery content.
http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/g8a0bb/bioshock-infinite--burial-at-sea---episode-two-review

The first episode of Burial at Sea was good, but it felt divided, with one half sectioned off for exploring and the other half demarcated for murder. Episode two not only fixes this problem, it’s so well-developed that it almost feels like a full game. It’s the kind of DLC we’ve been waiting for since completing Bioshock Infinite, and if you have any investment in the series, it’s something you won’t want to miss.

I have a great internet connection, but holy crap, it literally just took me an hour and a half to download both parts of the DLC. What in the bloody hell. I went to the gym, grabbed some food, got home expecting it to be done and part 2 is at 76% LMAO.

Lafazar

Rock Paper Shotgun, Wot I Think by Alec Meer:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/25/bioshock-infinite-burial-at-sea-2-review-pc/

This stuck out to me:
Alec Meer said:
Some of the shared history manages an affecting pay-off – the previously-implied
commonality between Infinite’s Songbird and Rapture’s Big Daddies
, for instance – but for the most part there’s frankly a fan fiction air to proceedings. Nothing’s wrong with fan fiction per se, but this finale resolutely fails to convince that there was some grand masterplan all along – the tying up of all, still lingering questions or no, is a retcon through and through.

Top Bottom