• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two |OT| The Debt Is Paid

MauroNL

Oh lord I can't wait for this to release. 12 more hours and I'll be downloading this asap from Xbox Live. Really hope this is Irrationals' swan song and hoping for a great fitting end to the Bioshock universe. (I'm not expecting anymore games sadly :( ) Gonna be a long long night.....

Calmine

Oh man this is a nice surprise I totally forgot this is out this week. So good, can't wait the ending of part 1 pissed me off cause I wanted more!

Lijik

Did not enjoy BaS ep 1 when it turned into a shooter despite liking the main game and Clash in the Clouds, so I hope this will be better in that department.

forgive me if it's already been mentioned but due to its size, it'll be a 2-part download for xbox 360.
6-10 gig in size depending on system apparently. i'm guessing the 360 version is on the smaller size.

pa22word

Honestly even though I'm getting this for free I doubt I'll even play it after how mediocre episode 1 was, both on a narrative level and on a gameplay + level design level. Such a shame that Irrational is seemingly going out on such a whimper, with a severely compromised half-baked game followed by a couple of duds for DLC. What a waste...

Honestly even though I'm getting this for free I doubt I'll even play it after how mediocre episode 1 was, both on a narrative level and on a gameplay + level design level. Such a shame that Irrational is seemingly going out on such a whimper, with a severely compromised half-baked game followed by a couple of duds for DLC. What a waste...

Wow, I loved Episode 1. Yeah, It was short but the atmosphere was fantastic and it just felt good to be back in Rapture.

Vinc

Really?? I'd love to take the code off your hands if you don't want it :p But seriously, Infinite was my GOTY last year... really looking forward to this but it's kinda bittersweet since it's IG's last effort :(

Completely forgot this was coming out. Might just run through Episode 1 again tonight for fun. I never actually got around to a 1999 mode playthrough and since this will be in the tray, maybe tomorrow will be when I start that up.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ah this came at the worse time possible as I am going to be so busy with my final Uni essays, so I won't have time to play it. :(

Cutreman

Neo Member
I made the mistake of purchasing the first episode as a standalone because I did not know there would be a second. I should have gotten the season pass.

My GF gifted me the first episode for my birthday at full price and that same week Steam offered the Season Pass at -75%. I ended up getting it, but I felt bad, hate when that happens.

BTW, I have noticed that in the last weekend Bioshock Infinite was on -75% sale, but none of the DLC neither Season Pass were discounted. Heh.

pa22word

Wow, I loved Episode 1. Yeah, It was short but the atmosphere was fantastic and it just felt good to be back in Rapture.

The thing that really destroyed episode 1 was that they shoehorned Infinite's weak, much less involved core gameplay into Bioshock 2 style level design, and the results were frankly embarrassing, and it did nothing other than highlight how simplified, mediocre, and derivative the combat in Infinite was. As such. Episode 1 felt like nothing more than a dressed up facade of how Bio1 and 2 + MD actually played and handled moment to moment action, completely stripped of essentially all depth and emergent encounter design, and as someone who enjoyed all three of those titles quite a bit, the experience overall left me pretty disgusted at what I'd played, and very happy that I didn't waste any of my money on the title.

Really?? I'd love to take the code off your hands if you don't want it :p But seriously, Infinite was my GOTY last year... really looking forward to this but it's kinda bittersweet since it's IG's last effort :(

I ended up getting the season pass for free at launch due to an error at GMG, and as I've already played Ep1 have already redeemed it. Sorry man =\

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Disliked almost everything about Episode 1, but still keen to sink into Episode 2.

pakkit

Banned
Worth noting that the there are 2 DLC downloads for Xbox 360, since the game surpasses the minimal download size for DLC. Looks like we have a tremendous amount of content coming our way...

pa22word

Worth noting that the there are 2 DLC downloads for Xbox 360, since the game surpasses the minimal download size for DLC. Looks like we have a tremendous amount of content coming our way...

I don't know about that. The content size on steam lists only 512 MBs required, which is really pretty small as far as DLC goes in my experience. Games like Sleeping Dogs have DLC that's like 8x that size.

rashbeep

Banned
Hmm I thought Episode 1 was just OK. Will still play this just to see how they wrap up the story (and since it's the last thing we'll see from IG).

pakkit

Banned
I don't know about that. The content size on steam lists only 512 MBs required, which is really pretty small as far as DLC goes in my experience. Games like Sleeping Dogs have DLC that's like 8x that size.

Sorry, should've included my source.

Source Here

ID.J said:
Second, the approximate download sizes will vary per platform, ranging from 6 - 10 GB. Steam will also have a small patch tonight of about 12.8 MB, which is just preparing for the DLC tomorrow.
Third, and this is specifically for Xbox 360 users, please note that there will be TWO downloads from Xbox LIVE tomorrow, since we have a restriction on max file size per download via that platform. Please ensure you get both (1 of 2) and (2 of 2), which will be labeled on XBL.

dreamfall

Man, has the Season Pass gone on sale at all on Steam?

Or even the First Episode? I missed it that one time during the sale when it had a price error, and I keep kicking myself for it :/

Coldsun

Banned
Man, has the Season Pass gone on sale at all on Steam?

Or even the First Episode? I missed it that one time during the sale when it had a price error, and I keep kicking myself for it :/

Yes, the season pass has been for sale on Steam. Might of been pricing mistakes though if I recall.

OneLetter

Please remember all of those times I listed are approximations. Please don't attack me if they're off by a minute...or an hour or two. ;D

I really can't wait to see the first reactions to the story tomorrow. There had better be some HEAVY usage of the spoiler tags...

Deku Tree

Please remember all of those times I listed are approximations. Please don't attack me if they're off by a minute...or an hour or two. ;D

I really can't wait to see the first reactions to the story tomorrow. There had better be some HEAVY usage of the spoiler tags...

So why does the PSN version get released so much later then?

Marjar

Banned
Wait WHAT. Noooo. With the game included? Or by itself? Steam Prices says it's been $19.99 forever.

Goodness me. I don't think I'll be playing this for awhile :/

Oh good news, it's still on sale and will be until tomorrow. $25 for the game + season pass. Apparently you have 13 hours.

Petrae

Dang. That DLC is too big. My 360 hard drive doesn't have the room, and bandwidth cap is looming besides.

Selfishly, I tend to think that any release of 6GB or higher shoots have a physical purchase option... but that's not happening.

I finally finished Bioshock infinite and episode 1. awesome awesome stuff....

I love this whole franchise. everything about it. cant wait for episode 2 later today

Top Bottom