• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock: The Collection - Announcement Trailer

GavinUK86

" and/or "

"or" also means you don't have to own it.

Yes but I took it as you get the remastered of whatever one, or all, of those you own. If you own Bioshock 2 without Minerva's Den then you don't get the DLC free. I dunno. Guess we'll find out.

DOWN

Banned
but bioshock 2 remasterd comes with minerva's den , you cant or only own minervas den because steam prevents a purchase with out the base game.
But you don't get Minerva's Den free in September when they do the update just for owning 2. In order to play Minerva's Den with the update, you need to actually own it.

As far as I'm gathering

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Anyone know if consoles are getting the pc version of Infinite?

Of course its the PC version ported. Infinite on consoles is just going to be the PC version with the highest textures and medium/high graphics settings enabled at 1080p 60fps.

Bio 1 and 2 are only getting some asset updates cause they are 10 years old.

I mean if this honestly gives them a push to make it sure, scale it back down and focus on a more linear type game.

Infinite was already as linear as i want Bioshock to be honestly

seat

I bought the full collection for $10 on Steam. That's all I need to get the upgraded edition and DLC down the line right?

I just purchased the same myself and I'm pretty sure it doesn't include the DLC, unfortunately. The season pass for Inifinite is nearly the same price as the whole bundle.

The free PC update for this is fantastic. I just bought 1+2 and Minerva's Den and I already own Infinite. That's all I need to have?

e: nvm I just bothered to read the OP

Good

PC version of the first game had sound issues early and couldn't finish it

I will wait for a huge discount tho.

$10.50 on Steam for current versions of BS1, BS2 + Minerva's Den will give you the remastered version for free. Plus, it sounds like you may already own one of them on PC? In which case it would be <$10 for you.

If that isn't a huge discount, I don't know what is.

But you don't get Minerva's Den free in September when they do the update just for owning 2. In order to play Minerva's Den with the update, you need to actually own it.

As far as I'm gathering

I'm seeing conflicting statements in regards to Minerva's Den and whether or not we have to own it now to get it free later on. Does anyone actually know with 100% certainty that we have to own it now? It's only a couple bucks but I'd rather not buy it now if we don't need it now to get it free later on. I already own all 3 Bioshock games, but none of the DLC.

Tainted

I hope the free upgrade for the PC version doesnt replace the old versions....Im a bit of a purist like that and would like the option of selecting one or the other, especially if they start making art changes or other misc things in the remastered versions.

MuchoMalo

Banned
As a PC player, I'm gonna be a little peeved if the console version of Infinite has any improvements over the PC version on high...

Fury451

Banned
I mean if this honestly gives them a push to make it sure, scale it back down and focus on a more linear type game.

They've all been linear. Linearity is in fact
a plot point/theme for the first and third game
in a way.

That was one of my biggest problems with Infinite from a design perspective though

Not that they should be open world or anything, that would completely ruin it, but giving a bevy of combat and travel options and approaches like the concept trailer showed for Infinite would've been supremely satisfying.

Guess Who

Banned
As a PC player, I'm gonna be a little peeved if the console version of Infinite has any improvements over the PC version on high...

If there was any significant remastering being done to Infinite I can't imagine why they wouldn't bring it to PC if they're already bringing 1 and 2.

ktroopa

Yes but I took it as you get the remastered of whatever one, or all, of those you own. If you own Bioshock 2 without Minerva's Den then you don't get the DLC free. I dunno. Guess we'll find out.

Thats what i got too. You get the free remasters for games and content you already own. I bought the bs triple pack in the steam sale and it did not come with Minerva's Den, so i bought that extra.

Raxus

Pretty great Package. Bioshock 2 is highly underrated.

I'd argue it may be the best modern 'shock' title.

Fury451

Banned
Pretty great Package. Bioshock 2 is highly underrated.

I'd argue it may be the best modern 'shock' title.

It's really good. The story bungles things in a few parts-
The audio diaries you found of Mark Meltzer on a search for his kidnapped daughter from the surface and your character Delta being called "Johnny Topside" seemed to indicate they were one in the same, which would've been a neat and haunting reveal- you're finding your own tragic backstory as you go. But no, Mark is just some random dude who becomes a Big Daddy you can kill.
but it is a really underrated game, and a worthy thematic successor to the first.

Minerva's Den is some of the best content in the entire series too.

Toa TAK

Banned
The Mark Meltzer stuff was a continuation from the viral marketing after fans wanted him in the game.

Be careful what you wish for.

Fury451

Banned
The Mark Meltzer stuff was a continuation from the viral marketing after fans wanted him in the game.

I recall that vaguely- just thought it would've been more interesting to do something meaningful with it. As it was, it was an unintentional red herring.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Minerva's Den is listed as a feature of BioShock 2 Redux, though, and as the current Minerva's Den is DLC, you can't own it without owning BioShock 2, which makes "and/or" a poor choice of words unless the intention was to convey that owning both Bio2 and Minerva's Den isn't required (well, even so it's still a poor choice of words, but a little less so). The phrasing definitely could be better regardless of where the truth lies, but I've been heavily leaning towards Minerva's Den not being a requirement. I've messaged Irrational on Facebook; I'll post their response if I get one.

HiiiLife

I hate that I gotta wait till September for this. After Doom and Wolf, my FPS campaign driven itch is ridiculous. I can finally finish Infinite in 60 FPS.

televator

So aside from the increased framerate, resolution, and AA on consoles. How else exactly are the first 2 games being "remastered". Better textures and lighting than what the PC version already has?

black070

After all the leaks earlier in the year, I was kind of hoping it would be a 'available now' type of announcement at Sony's E3 presser.

The YouTube comments are hilarious with folks bitching about Infinite not getting a remaster on PC, despite 2K having explained the situation.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So aside from the increased framerate, resolution, and AA on consoles. How else exactly are the first 2 games being "remastered".

An increased Framerate, resolution and AA bump are more than most remasters get.

Top Bottom