• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bizarre Creations: PGR3's running at 30 frames per second.'

Minotauro said:
Wait until you see it in person. With the motion blur, it looks at least if not more fluid than GT4.

Please, everyone, continue your bickering though. Also, I'm going to file this thread away fro the next time there's a gameplay vs. graphics debate.

We'll see, people have been claiming that 30 looks as smooth as 60fps this gen also. For games like PGR2 and Forza, and neither of them are as smooth as a 60fps racer. But this is Bizarre and all of this gen they've made 3 racing games and only 1 of them has been 60fps. So it doesn't look like they care about getting to that framerate.

Shompola

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
We'll see, people have been claiming that 30 looks as smooth as 60fps this gen also. For games like PGR2 and Forza, and neither of them are as smooth as a 60fps racer. But this is Bizarre and all of this gen they've made 3 racing games and only 1 of them has been 60fps. So it doesn't look like they care about getting to that framerate.

No no no no no.. People are not claiming 30fps being as smooth as 60fps.. where did you hear this? People claim that 30fps is not a deal breaker. big difference there mate.

Shompola said:
No no no no no.. People are not claiming 30fps being as smooth as 60fps.. where did you hear this? People claim that 30fps is not a deal breaker. big difference there mate.

Eh?

Minotauro said:
Wait until you see it in person. With the motion blur, it looks at least if not more fluid than GT4.

raYne

ZAP71.JPG

Come on mods.. you know you wanna..

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
As much as I dislike 30fps for a racer, you all seem to have forgotten that this is a launch game.....

a launch game....

Look at PS2's launch, we got a FireWork sim and The Bouncer (I actually sorta liked the bouncer *blush*). Look at the Xbox launch..we got...I forgot what we got..but i'm sure its bad. I concur with delaying PGR3 to (hopefully) get it up to 60fps but there probably being nudged into getting this game out for launch or the launch window.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
BlueTsunami said:
As much as I dislike 30fps for a racer, you all seem to have forgotten that this is a launch game.....

a launch game....

Look at PS2's launch, we got a FireWork sim and The Bouncer (I actually sorta liked the bouncer *blush*). Look at the Xbox launch..we got...I forgot what we got..but i'm sure its bad. I concur with delaying PGR3 to (hopefully) get it up to 60fps but there probably being nudged into getting this game out for launch or the launch window.

Actually, we got PGR1 at the Xbox launch...game was made in a really short time and rushed...I doubt it's the same situation with PGR3. But hey, at least they aimed for 60 (we got major framedrops here and there though). :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"I forgot what we got..but i'm sure its bad."

Halo?

the game that inspired "should have just been called Halo box", love it or hate it, it was a pretty good launch title!

[Reki]

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
30 fps WITH MOTION BLUR. Geez...

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
DCharlie said:
Halo?

the game that inspired "should have just been called Halo box", love it or hate it, it was a pretty good launch title!

Halo and SM64. Best launch titles ever.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
SolidSnakex said:

Well, I personally never said that PGR2 or Forza look as smooth as a 60 fps title. I can certainly tell the difference between Forza and GT4. It's much more difficult to tell with PGR3 though. In fact, I had to ask the Bizarre rep in order to be sure.

Is it really that big of a deal even if you can tell though? As I said earlier, they're calculating physics at 120 fps so it has zero impact on gameplay. Plus, 60 fps or not, PGR3 is the most impressive racer I've ever seen on a console (only specifying console because I haven't played a PC racer since NFS: U). The amount of detail on the cars and tracks completely nullifies any possible framerate complaints in my opinion.

It just seems like some of you have made this trivial stance regarding 30 vs. 60 that you have to stick to regardless of the logic behind your decision. The fact that the common mantra amongst hardcore gamers is gameplay over graphics makes it all the more questionable.

Furthermore, if anyone passed up Forza simply because of the framerate, I pity them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
BlueTsunami said:

a launch game....

Look at PS2's launch, we got a FireWork sim and The Bouncer

The Bouncer wasn't a launch title.

NA launch:

Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
DOA2: Hardcore (Tecmo, Fighting)
Dynasty Warriors 2 (Koei, Action)
ESPN International Track and Field (Konami, Sports)
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding (Konami, Sports)
Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
FantaVision (SCEI, Puzzle)
Gun Griffon Blaze (Working Designs, Action)
Kessen (EA, Adventure)
Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
Moto GP (Namco, Racing)
NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Orphen (Activision, RPG)
Q-Ball Billiards Master (Take-Two Interactive, Simulation)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway, Sports)
Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
Silent Scope (Konami, Shooter)
Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
SSX (EA, Sports)
Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
Summoner (THQ, RPG)
Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
TimeSplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
Wild Wild Racing (Interplay, Racing)
X-Squad (EA, Action)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
EviLore said:
The Bouncer wasn't a launch title.

NA launch:

Armored Core 2 (Agetec, Action)
DOA2: Hardcore (Tecmo, Fighting)
Dynasty Warriors 2 (Koei, Action)
ESPN International Track and Field (Konami, Sports)
ESPN X-Games Snowboarding (Konami, Sports)
Eternal Ring (Agetec, RPG)
Evergrace (Agetec, RPG)
FantaVision (SCEI, Puzzle)
Gun Griffon Blaze (Working Designs, Action)
Kessen (EA, Adventure)
Madden NFL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Midnight Club (Rockstar, Racing)
Moto GP (Namco, Racing)
NHL 2001 (EA, Sports)
Orphen (Activision, RPG)
Q-Ball Billiards Master (Take-Two Interactive, Simulation)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2 (Midway, Sports)
Ridge Racer V (Namco, Racing)
Silent Scope (Konami, Shooter)
Smuggler's Run (Rockstar, Racing-Adventure)
SSX (EA, Sports)
Street Fighter EX3 (Capcom, Fighting)
Summoner (THQ, RPG)
Swing Away (Paradise Golf in Japan) (EA, Sports)
Tekken Tag Tournament (Namco, fighting)
TimeSplitters (Eidos, First-Person Shooter)
Unreal Tournament (Infogrames, First-Person Shooter)
Wild Wild Racing (Interplay, Racing)
X-Squad (EA, Action)

Gah, I thought The Bouncer was one *shrugs*. The ones bolded above where actually pretty good. I like Eternel Ring (don't know if its obscure or not) but I like those King Field type of games and the creation of different rings was pretty cool. SSX? love that game...alot.

Top Bottom