• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black church set on fire, "Vote Trump" painted [Up: done by member of congregation]

Status
Not open for further replies.
via CNN

It's a common refrain on political yard signs this time of year. But someone took their fervor for Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to another level at a black church in Mississippi, authorities say.

Vandals set the Hopewell Baptist Church in Greenville ablaze and scrawled the words "Vote Trump" in crude, white spray paint across the outside of the building Tuesday night.

There were no reports of injuries.

Because it's an African-American church, the FBI is working "with our local, state and federal law enforcement partners to determine if any civil rights crimes were committed," said a statement from the FBI's office in Jackson, the state capital.

This crap just makes me sick to my stomach.

so whats the message they were trying to send here?

Vote trump SO he'll burn down more of your churches?
Vote trump or we'll burn down MORE churches?
Vote trump because fire looks metal as fuck?

How do these morons think this will help their cause?

oh wait, they are morons.

LifEndz

He tapped into something that had been repressed a long time. Thank god no one was physically hurt.

This brings to mind the firebombing of the GOP HQ in NC (was anyone ever caught for that?).

This is not OK on any front.

Derwind

I feel like they're trying to say if Trump gets elected it's open season for buying down historically black churches.

That might appeal to fellow deplorables.

mike6467

Saw this a few minutes ago and was waiting for the thread. So fucked up.

Don't read the comments on these stories. God, the 8th can't come soon enough. I know it won't go away after that, but it has to get better, right?....Right??

Demoskinos

I wonder if they realize they are just making trump look worse by doing this? I guess actually the better question would be do they even care.

Joey Salads here with another BLM social experiment we are gonna see how black people react when their church is set on fire like subscribe and comment below.

studyguy

Twitter all about shouting false flags now saying Dems burned down the church.

Racism isn't going away but at least the election is done in a week.

This doesn't make sense at all. What were they trying to accomplish?

Racism doesn't have to make sense.

Syder

I feel like they're trying to say if Trump gets elected it's open season for buying down historically black churches.

That might appeal to fellow deplorables.
If Brexit is anything to go by, bigots having their views vindicated by an election does lead to an increase in hate crime.

Because it's an African-American church, the FBI is working "with our local, state and federal law enforcement partners to determine if any civil rights crimes were committed," said a statement from the FBI's office in Jackson, the state capital.

But hey, fucking emails rite?

studyguy

Also Trump was quick to shoot from the hip on this one.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Animals representing Hillary Clinton and Dems in North Carolina just firebombed our office in Orange County because we are winning @NCGOP
3:29 PM - 16 Oct 2016

Radio silence on the church today. What the hell do you have to lose, amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom