• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther vs Batman: Armbars are banned to make it fair for Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
youre black? good for you. a few of us in this thread are. im all for storytelling, and if a black couple comes along in the future, thats fine. but panther and storm were together for the sake that they were black only. there was no chemistry before and after the marriage. in fact, one of the worst aspects of man without fear was when storm showed up outta nowhere. it was a relationship that went nowhere because it didnt make sense. a man with an ego trip pushed for it and it landed on its face. id like to see a couple that seems to interact with each other well. as much as it pains me to admit this, luke cage and jessica jones are a perfect example, but i wont stand for pandering for the sake of pandering. being a comic fan, you should be insulted that something like this would happen, not embrace it because its the best option there is.

Celebrity marriage, in superhero land, they just wanted to up their Facebook following

The Adder

Banned
His isn't a ninja, Daredevil waxed his ass in Gambits first solo.

To be fair, this would only prove his point. "Anti-ninja" is like Dardevil's 2ndary super power.

Also:

youre black? good for you. a few of us in this thread are. im all for storytelling, and if a black couple comes along in the future, thats fine. but panther and storm were together for the sake that they were black only. there was no chemistry before and after the marriage. in fact, one of the worst aspects of man without fear was when storm showed up outta nowhere. it was a relationship that went nowhere because it didnt make sense. a man with an ego trip pushed for it and it landed on its face. id like to see a couple that seems to interact with each other well. as much as it pains me to admit this, luke cage and jessica jones are a perfect example, but i wont stand for pandering for the sake of pandering. being a comic fan, you should be insulted that something like this would happen, not embrace it because its the best option there is.

Hear-fucking-hear!

"Pair the characters because they're popular and have the same race" is only exceeded by "These characters can't be paired because they don't have the same race" as stupid fucking reasons for relationship tampering.

PIS, the author obviously didn't took everything into consideration when doing this, I have a What If issue where Wolverine kills Surfer with his claws and another What if Surfer destroys all of earth heroes.

I actually have this issue, the "What if the Age of Apocalypse wasn't over?" and everyone escapes to the moon and the Astonishing Xmen meet the Avengers/FF and somehow manage to save the earth from Galactus. And yeah, Wolverine stabs and kills SS, smh.

armbar

n7ICv.jpg

I know I'm late on this, but this is ridiculous! I'm going to go smoke a cig and relax, maybe check out the BP cartoon on Prime later and give this dude a fair shake, but this is some fucking gall to act like this D-list nobody can put the Surfer in a submission hold.

"...as humanoid as it appears" smh

I noticed there is a BET Black Panther cartoon show on Netflix. Is it worth watching to get to know the character better?

Visually, it's quite gorgeous. I'd say it's a better introduction to the nation of Wakanda and the role of the Panther in Wakandan society than it is a great introduction to T'Challa. There were a couple moments, primarily near the end (
where T'Challa chooses vengeance against the warlord when he is desperately needed back in Wakanda
) where T'Challa acts out of character. There's also a plotline (
the shapeshifter taking the form of T'Challa disgruntled cousin
) that is never quite resolved. The story is based on one of the PB's most reviled runs, and directed by said run's writer, so...

As has been said, the show is a bit heavy-handed in its political message of "No Western intervention in Africa", which, quite frankly, is not a message that applies to Wakanda, a global super power. Certain characters come off as mere strawmen for the BP to defeat and prove his culture's superiority (i.e. the notoriously one-sided fight between T'Chakka and Captain America).

Despite all my warnings, I enjoyed it quite a bit. The action was stylish and the story, while anvilicous as times, is well told. The music is great, and all original. I'd recommend it, but I wouldn't suggest letting it color your entire perception of the Panther and Wakanda.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Now I want this to actually be true.

Is it?

no, sadly.

I know I'm late on this, but this is ridiculous! I'm going to go smoke a cig and relax, maybe check out the BP cartoon on Prime later and give this dude a fair shake, but this is some fucking gall to act like this D-list nobody can put the Surfer in a submission hold.

surfer was setting him up for info. the second pic has been posted in this thread.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note people should know that werewolf hero from image (modern image not 90's image)

ReiGun

It was a set up by Surfer.

Black Panther is not D list.

Hero I don't know = D-List

ReiGun

Then Black Panther is a total fool for a) getting fooled by Surfer, b) thinking he can armbar Silver Surfer.

What else was he supposed to do? Just stand there and wait to get bodied? (I haven't read this issue, so I don't know what other options he had). His armbar may have worked before, so maybe he was like "Lol why not?" Can't blame a man for trying.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

who are these late-ass jakes rolling into the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom