• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther vs Batman: Armbars are banned to make it fair for Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bp punches warewolves coz he can

bp1.jpg

bp2.jpg

Eidan

This leads me to my next very important question.

The cape. I see that Panther fights with it on and off. What's the pattern? Is the cape just for show and he usually takes it off before a fight?

SUPREME1

Banned
It is belivable because of Kryptonite, which in itself was designed solely to make Supes beatable.
Batman won by planning and exploiting the enemy's weaknesses. He didn't overpower him physically. Even a slight pat from Supes was breaking Wayne's bones.
Instead here we have a dude overpowering Silver Surfer physically.... a human overpowering Silver Surfer. To get to that level of ridiculousness Batman would have to beat Supes with his bare hands using ninja techniques.

Yeah, this.

ReiGun

The cape. I see that Panther fights with it on and off. What's the pattern? Is the cape just for show and he usually takes it off before a fight?

Just for show. Like Rayven said, it's part of the habit of the chieftain of the Panther clan. When he gets into a fight, he removes it (some of his suits have it so that the cape actually retracts).

Has Black Panther ever been animated?

EDIT: I mean fully animated, not that halfway style Marvel has used off and on for 50 years. lol

Guevara

As a casual reader of comic books it seems like Marvel always takes it too far. So the Panther is like Batman, plus he leads his own perfect kingdom, plus he has this super secret metal, plus he has a relationship to a god.

It just gets too corny.

Plus based on the art in this thread, DC>Marvel.

Bleepey

Urban protector of a fucked up area (Hell's kitchen:Gotham/new york). "Horror" style imagery (Devil:Bat/spider). Uses resources from public identity to help neighborhood in other ways (Matt Murdock is a lawyer:Bruce Wayne is a philanthropist/ spider-man is a photographer). Origin stories involve great tragedy (Matt lost his sight and his father:Bruce lost his parents/ uncle was killed). Rouges include gangsters (Kingpin:Two-Face, Black Mask, the Falcone family, etc/ Kingpin Tombstone), an arch nemesis who constantly fucks them over (Joker:Bullseye//green goblin/venom/ jackal/ kingpin), and even an ancient group of ninja killers (League of Assassins:The Hand/ ok you may have got me there but Hydra and occasionally the hand can be a hassle.).

Obviously, it's not one to one (Daredevil doesn't have Batman's gadgets or money, Batman doesn't have enhanced senses), but neither is Bats:panther or Bats:Moon Knight. But I personally think Batman has more in common DD than the other two (well, I'm not entire sure on Moon Knight. Don't know much about him).

Dude the DD/batman thing is a stretch. i mean look at how all the things there line up with Spider-man.

As a casual reader of comic books it seems like Marvel always takes it too far. So the Panther is like Batman, plus he leads his own perfect kingdom, plus he has this super secret metal, plus he has a relationship to a god.

It just gets too corny.

Plus he can cure Cancer.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

It just gets too corny.

Way to compare the art of one of the premier DC characters with a Marvel character who occasionally got his own mini series. Even a casual fan of comics should know that Marvel has generally owned DC's soul in the art department for decades. Smh.

Black Panther has been doing this prep-time, genius, badass shit since his first appearance where he demolished the Fantastic Four single-handedly. In 1966.

If he was a Bat-copy, he'd be paling around with a stupid kid shouting out stupid one-liners. Black Panther was Batman while Batman himself was a big fat joke.

I just want to point this out. Batman does not look like a bat, he just looks like an ass in a stupid suit. The Black Panther's suit actually looks like a bad ass panther. Game, set, match.

Ceremonial. It's a symbol of his office, and he seldom fights with it on.

ReiGun

Dude the DD/batman thing is a stretch. i mean look at how all the things there line up with Spider-man.

I don't see how that's a stretch at all (Well, the arch nemesis part). And Peter mainly uses his photography to help himself (Spidey gotta eat :p).

Man at least DC have strict pairing.
So how are those strict Superman/Lois and Wonder Woman/Steve pairing working out? ;P

Nesotenso

Storm is totes gonna hook up with Cyclops or Wolverine.

Come on. You all know it's gonna happen.

NO ! I like the three of them but NO ! There is gotta be someone else in the X-verse we can pair storm off with. Forge unfortunately is dead or m.i.a

Steelrain

I just want to point this out. Batman does not look like a bat, he just looks like an ass in a stupid suit. The Black Panther's suit actually looks like a bad ass panther. Game, set, match.

It just means his furry-fu is stronger. Which is actually a handicap.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
And marvel's most visible and popular properties (captain America, Hulk, Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, the Xmen and related teams) are entirely original properties unrelated to DC.

i hate to be that guy, but fantastic four draws a lot from challengers of the unknown and x-men takes cues from doom patrol

As long as it's not Gambit. I'd hate to see Storm take that L.

you will be converted soon.

Xero

I have to assume all the people hopping on the batman bandwagon saying he never loses, don't actually read batman.

i hate to be that guy, but fantastic four draws a lot from challengers of the unknown and x-men takes cues from doom patrol

Kirby worked on challengers and FF, so there may be some similarities (costumes, for instance) but that's about where it stops. The FF were a superhero team with an invisible woman, rock monster, man on fire, etc...

And doom patrol and xmen debuted within 2 months of each other. there simply wasn't time to "take cues" without a time machine. Besides, xmen was basically a failure until relaunched with an international team in giant size years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom