• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther vs Batman: Armbars are banned to make it fair for Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense for DOOM to do a bunch of prepwork since he spends most of his time in a dusty ass castle, not fighting crime/hanging out with preteens.

Are there any good Black Panther stories? I've always kinda liked him, but I've never once read a book with him as the main character.

ReiGun

Are there any good Black Panther stories? I've always kinda liked him, but I've never once read a book with him as the main character.
Christopher Priest's run is pretty amazing. Starts with the story "The Client". Marvel hasn't collected the whole run yet though.

The recent "Man Without Fear/Most Dangerous Man Alive" run by David Liss was good too.

Xero

I love it when people take this one page from the comic book, instead on reading the complete chapter, this one page is in all over the net, people fail to realize that Silver surfer actually let himself get into that situation to get information out of Panther.

Black Panther is the Batman of Marvel comic, they are evenly matched, the difference is that Batman doesn't have superpowers and a Non existent alloy, if you take those super powered elements out of the fight Batman would stomp..

http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/vi...r&sid=92439632e7d6e69abe9b4ac153248557#p72689

My girlfriend has this comic. I read it knowing the lulz inside, then left disappointed at how out of context the internet took it.

Puddles

Banned
So this BP guy put Silver Surfer in an armbar, and people are complaining about it?

This fucking forum, I swear. BP putting the fucking Surfer in an armbar is one of the best things I've seen today.

Batman would still win.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
unfortunately batman doesnt know vibranium will face fuck him until AFTER that first hit knocks him out and or worse. Oh and the usual stuff BP is faster, stronger, smarter etc etc.

jph139

If Panther can get in a good hit with the element of surprise, Batman goes down easy. In a battle of attrition, though, Batman.

Acrylic7

Batman.
That utility belt is insanely dangerous. I don't think people realize what he keeps in that thing.
Plus he is Batman. First man ever to dodge Omega Beams.
Would be a good fight though.

unfortunately batman doesnt know vibranium will face fuck him until AFTER that first hit knocks him out and or worse. Oh and the usual stuff BP is faster, stronger, smarter etc etc.
Batman analyzes the crap out of everything. He would have him strike his armor with his first blow just to size his enemy's abilities and gadgets vs his own.

Slayven

My favorite BP fight was when he fought Kraven and he was beating Kraven so bad bystanders were rushing to Kraven's aid.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Batman.
That utility belt is insanely dangerous. I don't think people realize what he keeps in that thing.
Plus he is Batman. First man ever to dodge Omega Beams.
Would be a good fight though.

Batman analyzes the crap out of everything. He would have him strike his armor with his first blow just to size his enemy's abilities and gadgets vs his own.

That doesnt make sense how is he going to that during the fight, he doesnt know what vibranium is. I can see all these situations against a human, BP is yet again another peak/super human, way faster than bats, and batman cannot defend against vibranium. IF he were faster or his reflexes made a difference ok, however BP has superior reflexes and athletic ability only for the purposes of an interesting story would this fight even last long. Go ahead and block a vibranium laced punch, your arms broke. But if you think it the fight between BP and Batman that Batman is going to be the nimble one you guys are not understanding who he's fighting.

JJD

That doesnt make sense how is he going to that during the fight, he doesnt know what vibranium is. I can see all these situations against a human, BP is yet again another peak/super human, way faster than bats, and batman cannot defend against vibranium. IF he were faster or his reflexes made a difference ok, however BP has superior reflexes and athletic ability only for the purposes of an interesting story would this fight even last long. Go ahead and block a vibranium laced punch, your arms broke. But if you think it the fight between BP and Batman that Batman is going to be the nimble one you guys are not understanding who he's fighting.

WTF? You don't know what vibranium is.

Black Panther uses prep time too. Plus he has fancy, hi tech gadgets beyond Batman's.

Despite what my avatar would have you believe I am voting for Black Panther.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

This doesn't make sense. Bats isn't gonna take a hit not knowing his enemy.

JJD

Dude lost to Mantis.

Avengers+v1+131+-+part+2+-+Giant-Size+Avengers+03+%252804%2529.jpg

Avengers+v1+131+-+part+2+-+Giant-Size+Avengers+03+%252805%2529.jpg

Avengers+v1+131+-+part+2+-+Giant-Size+Avengers+03+%252806%2529.jpg

Truth be told she humiliated Cap the Scarlet Witch and fucking Thor too! Lol!

Some time later Dr. Strange handed Mantis and Panther their asses when the Avengers fought the Defenders.

IrishNinja

^how do you guys figure things laced with metal dont hit like hell? its been said tons of times that wolvy hits harder for having it, no idea why that'd be less so with vibranium.

Parallax

^how do you guys figure things laced with metal dont hit like hell? its been said tons of times that wolvy hits harder for having it, no idea why that'd be less so with vibranium.

Comic writers seem to forget that wolvies punches alone should kill. It doesn't shock me that people forget vibranium is a hard metal.

It's a thin material he wears as a suit. I doubt he wears vibranium gauntlets that are 1" in thick. Yeah, he hits harder, but it can only do so much damage. Bats is in trouble if Black Panther decides to pull out some weightier gloves though.

Wolvie on the other hand... is basically wearing brass knuckles underneath his fist that are unimaginably hard and he is strong as hell to boot. Of course he is going to hit harder.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
It's a thin material he wears as a suit. I doubt he wears vibranium gauntlets that are 1" in thick. Yeah, he hits harder, but it can only do so much damage. Bats is in trouble if Black Panther decides to pull out some weightier gloves though.

Wolvie on the other hand... is basically wearing brass knuckles underneath his fist that are unimaginably hard and he is strong as hell to boot. Of course he is going to hit harder.

thats exactly what he wears lol, he often wears claw like gauntlets, the rest of his suit or at least the chest and helm area are a thin layer of vibranium. The concussive force of that combined with BP's peak human level of physical abilities is lights out.

if a normal human being can brake someone else's bone when they block, a damn peak human with vibranium laced/gauntlets is going to rock someones skeleton.

JJD

Poor Panther has no chance, Bats would even kick him out of the Avengers, just look at him...

wV9nU.jpg

Fake cover! Lol!

ReiGun

Poor Panther has no chance, Bats would even kick him out of the Avengers, just look at him...

wV9nU.jpg

Fake cover! Lol!

Batman thinks he's just gonna roll up and take over the Avengers on Steve Rogers's watch? Nah son.

Parallax

wV9nU.jpg

Fake cover! Lol!

That avengers logo and lack of marvel make it obvious.

But yeah bruce would disappear if he tried something like that.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I realize that Batman 'died' in the process, but he beat Darkseid. I feel like that means he could take Black Panther.

Black Pathner is awesome and pimp smacks Iron Man
avx-black-panther-bitchslap-tony-stark.jpg

How dare he pimp slap my man. I'll kill him with my bare hands. I will find every issue of every BP comic and then tear it to pieces until his name is nothing more than a memory. I will clip him out of every comic in which he shares a panel with Tony Stark.

IrishNinja

wait which issue did he pimpslap starks in? i gotta see that

I realize that Batman 'died' in the process, but he beat Darkseid. I feel like that means he could take Black Panther.

every time this shit gets brought up, people forget the deus ex bullshit gun. cmon, at least pick a real fight.

On their first fight, Batman goes down.
After some prep time, Batman figures BP inside out, faces him again and... goes down again.
There is nothing that Batman can do to BP, he is just outclassed on everything.

yeah, no.

they are usually way better than any DC counterpart. Batman is way cooler than BP though.

I didn't know awful opnions became fact.

Are you high?

but he's partly right. marvel's entire schitk has been to needle Dc by copying characters from them and one up them. go ahead and say it's not true.

BP by a mile. The biggest difference between the two characters right now is Batman is treated like a major property by DC and Marvel is going wayyyy out of their way not to use BP correctly. If you ever get a chance watch the BP cartoon that came out recently to see how boss he really is.

everything that Panther has done, Batman has done already. and if he's so great why did he name himself Panther? everyone knows there is no such animal as a Panther. it's either black or melanistic Jaguar or Leopard. so much for him being smart!

Batman can't even really keep one city on lock.

Black Panther rules the most advanced nation on the planet.

Advantage Panther.

if Wakanda i so advanced, why is the rest of the African continent still struggling? Hmm?

Steelrain

I didn't know awful opnions became fact.

but he's partly right. marvel's entire schitk has been to needle Dc by copying characters from them and one up them. go ahead and say it's not true.

everything that Panther has done, Batman has done already. and if he's so great why did he name himself Panther? everyone knows there is no such animal as a Panther. it's either black or melanistic Jaguar or Leopard. so much for him being smart!

if Wakanda i so advanced, why is the rest of the African continent still struggling? Hmm?
BP is a fan of Reaganomics.

JJD

but he's partly right. marvel's entire schitk has been to needle Dc by copying characters from them and one up them. go ahead and say it's not true

It's absolutely wrong. Marvel greatest hero (and possible the greatest hero ever created) wasn't copied from DC, and to this day DC still doesn't have a guy like Spiderman.

batman cant stop crime in a 5 block radius though

Black Panther can't even keep his own wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom