• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther vs Batman: Armbars are banned to make it fair for Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

aw hell nah, Ennis had a good book back then but im not having this thread turn on my boy Matt.

VgWJD.jpg

get at me when your boy actually becomes his town's kingpin.

Puddles

Banned
I can't believe how many BP votes there are.

Vibranium or no, he isn't going to do shit against a guy whose only power is to win. Trying to stop Batman from winning is like trying to stop Superman from flying, Thor from sucking, or Spiderman from making one-liners. It doesn't happen.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is his spandex hugging his eyeballs.

WHY?

WHYYYY?

FoxSpirit

If the world of comics thought me anything, he who is the writer's champion will win. :p

At first, Batman loses, then analyses why he lost and comes back to kick BPs behind.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Batman would lose the third round, though, when BP comes back with his own contingency plans.

Batman will always be one win behind.

IrishNinja

yeah, she kinda made her bed with that one - i respected his choice too. how you gonna be a simp like reed and go back with your wife after like the 3rd time she's been on another team in a marvel war? woman, play your position

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
everything that Panther has done, Batman has done already. and if he's so great why did he name himself Panther? everyone knows there is no such animal as a Panther. it's either black or melanistic Jaguar or Leopard. so much for him being smart!

if Wakanda i so advanced, why is the rest of the African continent still struggling? Hmm?

Their exploits are apple and oranges but relatively recently BP let the Kingpin know if he ever looked at Wakanda again he would destroy his life and everyone he loves. Kingpin swore to avoid Wakanda cause he realized BP meant it.

Batman hasn't scared a villian of his enough to avoid him or Gotham like that yet.

Black Panther can't even keep his own wife.

BP annulled his own marriage with a storm because he saw her as his enemy. Batman can't even trust one of his women to tell him when they gave birth to his child because the majority of them prior to, during, and after their relationships are actively his enemies.

IrishNinja

damn, ive missed too much stuff - i read a bit've Priest's run but got messed up with Hudlin's stuff...what would you guys say is essential BP in recent years?

JJD

damn, ive missed too much stuff - i read a bit've Priest's run but got messed up with Hudlin's stuff...what would you guys say is essential BP in recent years?

Forget Hudlin, pure fan service.

Try to get all of Priest run, it's really great.

ReiGun

The very first thing Panther does after AvX should be going after Namor. Fish boy just rolled up and flooded Wakanda like that shit was cool. Can't just let that shit slide.

Finish Priest if you can, then get the "Man Without Fear"/"Most Dangerous Man Alive" trades.

Zeus Molecules

It weird cause a lot of writers have issues writing BP. But

Captain America / Black Panther: Flags of our Fathers

Secret Invasion: Black Panther

Are well written

If you want you can read Doomwar & BP man without fear to catch up but they weren't really good. They were just storylines designed to Nerf BP (just like AvX where BP will likely to the only long term nerf while everybody else is just reshuffled).

Man without fear only became interesting towards the end when the kingpin got involved. So about 2/3s of it was bleh.

IrishNinja

thanks guys, ill try to look some of that stuff up then, be nice to read a whole run rather than just spotty issues here & there

Batman would beat the breaks off that second rate loser.

you always say wrong stuff like this in batman threads, but this one is particularly bad man
read more

JJD

Batman would beat the breaks off that second rate loser.

He's not a second rate loser!!!

defeat3.jpg

He's a second rate Tarzan! LOL! Hank Pym putting Challa in his place like a boss!

Panther can't even get pussy without editorial help. They had to retcon his first meeting with Storm to pretend she was interested in him.

Originally the first time they met Ororo was 12 years old and saved T'challa from a racist guy.
In the retcon it was T'challa that saved her, and later in a flashback Storm loses her virginity to him! Bwa-hahaha!

IrishNinja

okay, that storm retcon is weird, but batman rarely gets booty if this is a fight of who pulls more/better (daredevil would win)

how you figure bats can handle BP though? gotta bring more than some weak ninja scooter driveby posting logic

JJD

okay, that storm retcon is weird, but batman rarely gets booty if this is a fight of who pulls more/better (daredevil would win)

how you figure bats can handle BP though? gotta bring more than some weak ninja scooter driveby posting logic

Prep time man!

Bats prep time:

batcave-teleportguard.jpg

Barriers, disrupters, and even supernatural barricades setup 24/7 to prevent all teleporters and magic people from entering into his batcave/home.

Panther prep time:

cJtEN.jpg

Trading cards! Lol!

Seriously thought, they're pretty much even in my book. T'challa may be stronger and faster but Batman have dealt with people way stronger and faster than him. They're both depicted as being geniuses, but Bats has the advantage in the prep time department. I mean he created this whole meme lol!

In the end the only thing that matters in fights like this is popularity. And there's no denying Batman is far more popular than the Panther.

There's thousands of ways to justify the victory of either Bruce or T'challa so writers will accommodate to satisfy the fans.

I mean, Wolverine has beaten Lobo behind a bar counter because fans demanded! Lol!

And hey, Bats gets booty, even if it's from Robin!

IrishNinja

T'Challa is "elected" after beating everyone's ass, as i recall

also, you win JJD - that trading card shit got me, hahaha. well played

Zeus Molecules

Comparing protecting the batcave to a random fight with iron fist is a false equivalency. Read secret invasion: BP and you'll see Black Panther defend his home from an unknown alien threat by using strategy, cunning, and a whole lot of violence.

Anyhow t]his is a non provable debate though but you keep overstating Bruce's abilities while downplaying T'challa's. Both of them kick ass.

JJD

Comparing protecting the batcave to a random fight with iron fist is a false equivalency. Read secret invasion: BP and you'll see Black Panther defend his home from an unknown alien threat by using strategy, cunning, and a whole lot of violence.

Anyhow t]his is a non provable debate though but you keep overstating Bruce's abilities while downplaying T'challa's. Both of them kick ass.

I think you didn't read the whole post brah...

I think it was pretty clear I was making fun of both. If there's one thing that I don't like is characters written as unfailable, unbeatable, perfect super heroes. Traits unfortunately too often associated with Bats and the Panther.

Zeus Molecules

I think you didn't read the whole post brah...

Ahh but I did broheim. Prep time and whatnot.

And like I said there is no way to declare a winner clear cut cause one writer can choose as they like and it becomes Canon but BP does the same science/magic mix as well.

Eidan

Tell me more about Panther's rogue gallery. Outside of Man-Ape, who are they. Who is the Panther equivalent to the Joker (arch-nemesis)?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I didn't know awful opnions became fact.

if Wakanda i so advanced, why is the rest of the African continent still struggling? Hmm?

That makes no sense, he is wakandan and BP is doing his job maintaining his kingdom. What does that have to do with the other countries on that huge continent? Im sorry is something internally or externally binding the fates of different peoples and countries together on that continent?

And saying that Marvel just copies DC is a load, BP is not fucking batman , he is literally the Black Panther Party, its clear when you read his older / original run comics. He is protecting his nation just like the original intent of the black panther party was to protect their segregated neighborhoods from oppressive police activity. Wakanda = segregated neighborhood BP = black panther.

Just like we all know Xmen is MLK and Malcom X
Fantastic Four are hollywood stars , just like Lee said , wanted to make a book that didnt hide the fact that the heroes were exceptional/ a cut above the rest
Spiderman we all know, is us growing up

It's not true.

Demonstrably false, even.

BP may be superficially similar to Batman now in terms of what he does, but BP has been fairly consistent in his portrayal since he showed up in the 60s. 60s Batman doesn't resemble BP much at all. More than a few of his early appearances in the late 60s and 70s were tied into civil rights and racial tension of the era, and marvel used him as a way to comment on it. Batman's alter ego was Bruce Wayne, millionaire playboy. BP spent his free time in the US teaching kids in the ghetto.

Again, BP has always been a very dark, conflicted character- but that conflict was between his responsibility as ruler of a foreign country, a celebrated superhero, and a second class citizen of the united states. Moon Knight is a Batman copy. BP was not.

And marvel's most visible and popular properties (captain America, Hulk, Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, the Xmen and related teams) are entirely original properties unrelated to DC.

FoxSpirit

i like how every other bat-fan says "yeah my boy catches an L, but then comes back later and wins with a strategy guide"
What, this is how Batman stories work.
Or lotsa superhero stories.
Face overpowering oponent, crawl back, find out weak point, come back and win. The power of the writer's champion, as I said.

IrishNinja

Face overpowering oponent, crawl back, find out weak point, come back and win. The power of the writer's champion, as I said.

well yeah, to be fair, that's like most spidey stories i read in the day.
toss in another marvel hero, a "misunderstanding" that causes an initial conflict (quickly resolved, leading to a team-up) and you've got a stew, baby.

Slayven

BP may be superficially similar to Batman now in terms of what he does, but BP has been fairly consistent in his portrayal since he showed up in the 60s. 60s Batman doesn't resemble BP much at all. More than a few of his early appearances in the late 60s and 70s were tied into civil rights and racial tension of the era, and marvel used him as a way to comment on it. Batman's alter ego was Bruce Wayne, millionaire playboy. BP spent his free time in the US teaching kids in the ghetto.

Again, BP has always been a very dark, conflicted character- but that conflict was between his responsibility as ruler of a foreign country, a celebrated superhero, and a second class citizen of the united states. Moon Knight is a Batman copy. BP was not.

And marvel's most visible and popular properties (captain America, Hulk, Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, the Xmen and related teams) are entirely original properties unrelated to DC.
No prize High five

Batman.

Black Panther was dumb enough to have his marriage annulled with one of the most powerful good mutants in the world.

Read this after having not read Marvel books in a couple years. Ran to Wiki to get details. Left disgusted. Fuck Marvel. Glad I stopped reading, and will never look back. Shouldn't have even peeked. Annulled marriage and destroyed Wakanda? GTFOH.

ReiGun

Tell me more about Panther's rogue gallery. Outside of Man-Ape, who are they. Who is the Panther equivalent to the Joker (arch-nemesis)?
Erik Kilmonger would probably be top. He was born in Wakanda, but his father was forced into helping the villain Klaw invade the country. When Klaw was defeated, Erik's father was dead and his family was exiled. T'Challa has never beaten Killmonger in combat. In fact, Killmonger successfully won a challenge for the throne and was, for a time, the Black Panther (Killmonger didn't care much. He only wanted to be BP to humiliate T'Challa. Being chieftain of the panther clan was an afterthought)

Other notable enemies include:

White Wolf: T'Challa's adopted brother and leader of the Hatut Zeraze, an elite Wakandan police force that T'Challa disbanded because he disagreed with their methods. Wolf is a loyalist to Wakanda, but doesn't think much of his brother. He will follow any order T'Challa issues, but constantly attempts to undermine and run him.

Klaw: Supervillain who invaded Wakanda and killed T'Challa's father.

Malice: Originally one of T'Challa's bodyguards, the Dora Milaje, who was cast out for disobeying BP and nearly killing the woman he loves.

Truth all up in here.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Read this after having not read Marvel books in a couple years. Ran to Wiki to get details. Left disgusted. Fuck Marvel. Glad I stopped reading, and will never look back. Shouldn't have even peeked. Annulled marriage and destroyed Wakanda? GTFOH.

They were only together because a shitty writer was on a power trip. They had little to no chemistry as a couple, and people have been asking for their separation for a while now. This is a good thing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Boom.

akira28

Vibranium absorbs vibrations and dampens impact. It doesn't make you hit like a truck.

I think I remember seeing Panther shatter someone's hipbone with a vibranium enhanced kick. Remember it does a lot more than just absorb vibrations.

The Black Panther uses vibranium in a micro weave mesh in his uniform that robs incoming objects of their momentum.[14] He also cannot be stabbed, although the costume and the Black Panther can be cut if the attacker slashes along the uniform's grain. Beyond that he uses vibranium in the soles of his boots that allows him to survive a fall of several stories and, if given enough momentum, the Panther can also scale walls or skim across water. The field can be also used offensively to shatter or weaken objects, such as kicking something with the boots. He also used the other variety Anti-Metal, in retractable claws

Doesn't batman have mech suit? I doubt Panther is stronger than that suit

Pur1y.jpg

I believe he eventually cut Stark's armor open like a tin can. Panther's MO. He will +1 or +2 you. You have power armor and blasters? Panther has that plus a sword that can cut through anything. And he's flying here all the way from Africa, in his hypersonic jet, to kick your ass.

Batman would train his best to fight what he knows of Black Panther.
Black Panther has trained his best to fight what he DOES NOT know of Batman.

Eidan

Erik Kilmonger would probably be top. He was born in Wakanda, but his father was forced into helping the villain Klaw invade the country. When Klaw was defeated, Erik's father was dead and his family was exiled. T'Challa has never beaten Killmonger in combat. In fact, Killmonger successfully won a challenge for the throne and was, for a time, the Black Panther (Killmonger didn't care much. He only wanted to be BP to humiliate T'Challa. Being chieftain of the panther clan was an afterthought)

Other notable enemies include:

White Wolf: T'Challa's adopted brother and leader of the Hatut Zeraze, an elite Wakandan police force that T'Challa disbanded because he disagreed with their methods. Wolf is a loyalist to Wakanda, but doesn't think much of his brother. He will follow any order T'Challa issues, but constantly attempts to undermine and run him.

Klaw: Supervillain who invaded Wakanda and killed T'Challa's father.

Malice: Originally one of T'Challa's bodyguards, the Dora Milaje, who was cast out for disobeying BP and nearly killing the woman he loves.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom