• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Popeye's Employee Body Slams White Customer After She uses the "N" Word

woke culture gives people a little voice in the back of their head that says violence is ok and justified as long as it’s carried out in accordance with the church’s principles.

What's woke about this? You're using newspeak to describe something that doesn't require it. For all you know none of the people involved here are "woke".

And if woke is equivalent to stupidity, then based on what I've seen these days, that runs equally on both sides. Such as you for example, because there isn't really much in this situation that can be pinned to current-year political idpol culture war shenanigans...lest Bob Iger paid the employee to body-slam the woman in a marketing stunt for Disney + to "shove it to the alt-right"...which is retarded.

I don't like IDPol either. I am in a way lampooning the reaction to these type of situations.

At the same time, most stereotypes - be them positive or negative, tend to be based in reality.

People can be both individuals and stereotypes. If you want to be treated like an individual act like one. If you want to be treated like a stereotype, act exactly like how people expect you to act, like the body slamming worker here.

The issue is some groups get the honor of being viewed as individuals more than others, by and large. Right in this example here, there's people in the thread making blanket generalizations about black people because ONE black guy body-slammed a middle-aged white woman. As if the employee is representative of all or even most black people. But the same people doing that, if the employee were white, would just probably mock him as an individual, maybe comparing him to some crazed wrestler or prankster.

And that happens all the time, it's been seen enough to raise an eyebrow or two. Some of these people are also the same ones that'll take something idiotic BS a white SJW is saying about white people (or Asians, or some other non-black group) and then play a game of whataboutism going "But imagine if they said this about a black person! The outrage!!". It's effectively injecting something into a situation to not actually address the root of it, but using someone else as a prop as you lack the capability of making a convincing argument without resorting to such.

To be perfectly honest, seeing anti-SJWs do that over and over again gets very tiring since I see their point on a lot of things (and to be fair, I see SJWs on some of their points as well. In both cases, just with the saner things). It just reminds me that I am not seen on an equal playing field on that side of the culture war fence, because ultimately like SJWs, they will use someone like myself as a pet or a prop to virtue signal every now and again, and then go back to generalizing me with their more toxic rhetoric moments after. That's why when I saw this:

Notice the mob-like mentality the black people show when somebody happens to insult them. It's almost as though they crumble into a thousand pieces at the very mention of the word "n***ger" and resort to being rage-filled simpletons, instead of rising above it and showing they're better than that.

I specifically felt the need to indicate that, hey, you're kinda lumping me into that, and you don't even know me as an individual nor personally. And honestly, knowing that this person is likely an anti-SJW and indicates they probably don't care enough anyway if they felt the tingling to say something like this in the first place, just goes to show that at the end of the day, I'm not really wanted on that side of the camp any more than the SJW side genuinely would want me, either. Except for, again, just to exist as a prop or a statistic, used only when an anti-SJW would feel a need to virtue signal and go "see, I'm not racist you SJWs!" by listening to my opinion only in that kind of instance.

The fact there aren't very many SJWs or anti-SJWs pointing attention to this is the bigger irony and just reminds me why they're both so similar despite pretending they're genuinely different. And I rarely if ever feel a need to mention any traits about myself in any discussion because that seriously should not matter nor factor whatsoever. Someone will probably say I'm a hypocrite and say I'm generalizing and stereotyping myself, but in my case I'm not accusing ALL anti-SJWs or SJWs of being that way, just acknowledging there are some who are. But apparently pointing out an example where one is seems equivalent to others as to say it is all...well at that point, who's really the one failing to see a person as an individual? Doesn't feel like it's me.

Last edited:
Mob... it was one person who body slammed her. And I'm sorry but any time anyone uses that word as nonchalantly as she did (there's a before video showing her doing such) and you wonder why those black folks were hyped?

But yeah... We're a rowdy race. A mob. We're literal Nazis.
One employee threw her and another was throwing punches whilst being encouraged by the crowd. Assuming the slam didn't happen, I wouldn't have been surprised to see them all throwing down. You've brought up the video as a means to validate the course of action, but failed to comment upon the cashier screaming and escalating the situation in a work environment "pie_tears_joy:.

Also, anecdotes man. Anecdotes. Your personal experience in life does not paint an accurate picture of the world as a whole and every.
Person.
On earth.
Should check themselves in this manner.

Tldr: Dont generalize. Seriously. Makes you look very narrow minded.
You're accusing me of being narrow minded based upon my experiences, but what else am I suppose to base my arguments upon? And using the exact same logic, I can't form an accurate opinion without meeting all black people.

Nice to see how lowly you think of me as an individual by judging me on the actions of other people I don't even know exist. I wish I could be naive enough to do the same with white kids at metal mosh pits. Those GG Allin videos are something pretty special.

White people will pummel somebody at the mention of the word "cracker"?

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
What's woke about this? You're using newspeak to describe something that doesn't require it. For all you know none of the people involved here are "woke".

And if woke is equivalent to stupidity, then based on what I've seen these days, that runs equally on both sides. Such as you for example, because there isn't really much in this situation that can be pinned to current-year political idpol culture war shenanigans...lest Bob Iger paid the employee to body-slam the woman in a marketing stunt for Disney + to "shove it to the alt-right"...which is retarded.
It's woke because he reacted with violence to being called a racial slur, one of the ultimate offenses in this belief system.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
The issue is some groups get the honor of being viewed as individuals more than others, by and large. Right in this example here, there's people in the thread making blanket generalizations about black people because ONE black guy body-slammed a middle-aged white woman. As if the employee is representative of all or even most black people. But the same people doing that, if the employee were white, would just probably mock him as an individual, maybe comparing him to some crazed wrestler or prankster.

No one would defend a white guy body slamming a 50 year old black woman for calling him a cracker. We'd be calling for him to be taken out back and put down like the rabid animal he is.

If you aren't part of the majority people are going to judge you based on their preconceptions which are based on their experiences. That is the case anywhere you go in the world. If you act like their preconceptions, then well, you just affirmed them.

And being judged as an individual isn't key to fitting into society. The nail that sticks up shall be hammered down.

Do you think white people don't judge trashy white people poorly? We hate them more than anyone.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
By this very logic, we shouldn't be seeing so many white people get offended by being called a Nazi. Like nigger (not nigga; I think the two deserve a designation of their own given the use-cases they tend to be used in), Nazi is predominantly used as an insult, and the idea it causes any kind of harm to a white person (German or otherwise) born today should be held to the similar idea of being more memetic if anything, because the vast majority of white people alive today were not born during the time of Nazi Germany. So then...why do so many people cry up a storm about it being used on them?

Either all of these similar things are equally silly, or none of them are. Making an exception for one but not the other predicated on an idea that one is more "valid" of decrying than the other based simply on traits of the affected parties, already betrays a bias built on nothing substantial. If my personal opinion is that blacks shouldn't be offended being called a nigger, then if I were an honest man, my opinion should also be that whites shouldn't be offended being called a Nazi. Both terms are used to betray an "other" as evil, sub-human and spoken with general points of inferiority/hatred/dislike towards those being labeled with it (when not be discussed in an academic context).

So why is it okay to tell a black person that being called a nigger should not register an emotional response from them, but a white person being called a Nazi justifies them in criticizing its usage or using its usage as motivation for their own retaliatory actions? You are still dealing with two words being used in hateful ways on people who have little or no connection to ancestors who bore the brunt of its usage (either in terms of ostracization/violence or fraudulent pride). And in both cases, usage of those words (when done in an antagonistic/malicious way to slander) done by parties who take at least some belief to extremists groups who regularly use the terms on those they dislike.

Saying one side has validation in complaining and taking action against a word that is essentially used as a slur against them, but the other side has no valid reason to do the same with a comparable slur that may be used against them, smells a lot of ironic bias and failing to see the forest from the trees. And funnily enough, just drives the extremes on both sides further apart, because you have a common point of shared problem that both sides are too prideful and arrogant to acknowledge the other has in common with them.

Nice to see how lowly you think of me as an individual by judging me on the actions of other people I don't even know exist. I wish I could be naive enough to do the same with white kids at metal mosh pits. Those GG Allin videos are something pretty special.

You can disavow the actions of the employee without stereotyping a group of people based on the actions of a few bad apples. That's...kind of the point. I don't see how you people are thinking this is so complicated.

Not even remotely comparable. People are pushing back against the flippant misuse of Nazi as a kind of warning against crying wolf. It’s not being memetically passed on as a trigger word for a racial group to use as a crutch to play the victim and continue an oppression narrative.

You're accusing me of being narrow minded based upon my experiences, but what else am I suppose to base my arguments upon? And using the exact same logic, I can't form an accurate opinion without meeting all black people.
My personal definition of narrow minded is never looking outside of yourself for possible evidence that your are, in fact, full of shit. It's called "checking yourself" and responsible adults do it to keep themselves from sounding or acting like their lives and situations are the only facts that matter. A truth is not just your story, it's all the stories of the world combined. If the truth doesn't apply to everyone, it isnt the truth, period.

Tldr: when you generalize a group, you're either naive or a liar. Clean up your act, you dont know everyone so let's not assume the worst of an.
Entire.
Race.
Of people.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
DeafTourette DeafTourette , can you point out where she says the n-word? I've been listening over and over and the only thing I can hear is "what a foul neck". As I've presented in my earlier post, it might be either some slang or dialect (i.e. "what a foul n*gg'), or it could be a failure of the recording. Though it might equally be that the guy recording it also misheard. The lady herself has communicated through her lawyer rejecting that she said a racial slur. And following the video, it's all about her fist, until the guy recording comments (after the "foul neck" part as it sounds to me) "ey, you're in the wrong place saying the n-word". The problem is that as far as I hear, there's no n-word being spoken, only the interpretation of someone up in the noise. And there's pros and cons in regards to who to trust, whether the recording or the person standing there.

Is there some dialect/slang that makes it more understandable to interpret it as the n-word?

This isn't the same video I saw on FB... I assumed this was the same one as it looks like it started at the same place (the video). I couldn't hear as I was on the train while posting this so I just looked on YouTube for it.

Either way, the dude overreacted. I understand the anger but it was still over the top

My personal definition of narrow minded is never looking outside of yourself for possible evidence that your are, in fact, full of shit. It's called "checking yourself" and responsible adults do it to keep themselves from sounding or acting like their lives and situations are the only facts that matter. A truth is not just your story, it's all the stories of the world combined. If the truth doesn't apply to everyone, it isnt the truth, period.

Tldr: when you generalize a group, you're either naive or a liar. Clean up your act, you dont know everyone so let's not assume the worst of an.
Entire.
Race.
Of people.
Like another member has stated, most stereotypes be them positive or negative tend to be based in reality. I've said my piece about the matter and if you don't like it then it then we're at a stalemate.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Clean up your act, you dont know everyone so let's not assume the worst of an.
Entire.
Race.
Of people.

I am fairly certain most people don't assume the worst of the entire race of people over this one guys actions. I certainly don't.

I am fairly certain that a middle class black man who drives a BMW and wears business casual to work every day to his office job in the suburbs is going to share similar values as me, a middle class white guy who drives a Tesla who lives in the suburbs who wears business casual clothes to his office. We are in the same peer group, likely have similar interests and motivations in life.

Chris Rock described it in a way that I am not allowed to for whatever stupid reason. They are the type of people you learn to avoid and be cautious around. Same with methed out redneck crackheads. Both groups tend to have distinct speech patterns, clothing/style/haircuts/look, etc.

If I see a group of crackhead looking white dudes standing on the street, I'd look for ways to avoid them too.. I certainly wouldn't get into a verbal altercation with them at a restaurant where they were handling my food.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
Words are words. Violence is violence. What kind of man smashes an old lady into the concrete over words? Let it go and live your life.

Apparently these guys.. they are celebrating this dude. Seriously, don't be a bigot but violence is not the answer

Spoiler'd for language

yHD2uYc.jpg

Like another member has stated, most stereotypes be them positive or negative tend to be based in reality. I've said my piece about the matter and if you don't like it then it then we're at a stalemate.

Dude, your stereotype was based, per your own admission, on anecdotal data, whereupon even your personal registration of that data might even be faulty due to the expectations coming with prejudice. You can't really take it to the aggregate level without a logical fallacy. Also, "most stereotypes are correct" (supposing that's even correct, because the data feels a bit dubious and the basis for the conclusions people usually make even more dubious) =/= "this stereotype is correct".
Problem is also that even if there's a correlation (which would require data, not learned stereotypes), it might actually correlated to another Z factor, rather than the simplification of X group is Y.

Really, I don't give a shit about your stereotypes and I'm not going to go on an outrage spree about it, but lazily leaning on "most stereotypes are based on reality" at least deserves a bit of scrutiny. Formalize your thoughts a bit better and reflect on your argument. If you realize it's bad, then it might be a good idea to either switch it out completely or modify it. There's no shame in that, it's just improving. Of course, one might also come to a conclusion that one's argument is sound or find an additional argument that supports it. But what's important is reconsidering ideas and not overly investing into an idea, unless it's something axiomatic.

Last edited:
Not even remotely comparable. People are pushing back against the flippant misuse of Nazi as a kind of warning against crying wolf. It’s not being memetically passed on as a trigger word for a racial group to use as a crutch to play the victim and continue an oppression narrative.

The fact you're so quick to dismiss a comparison that most "normies" would feel is applicable shows me your own bias. If you don't think there aren't white people (mainly anti-SJWs) reacting to being called a Nazi in ways comparable you see some black people respond to the word nigger, you are lying to yourself, and/or you are staying in an incredibly small bubble/echo chamber.

No one would defend a white guy body slamming a 50 year old black woman for calling him a cracker. We'd be calling for him to be taken out back and put down like the rabid animal he is.

If you aren't part of the majority people are going to judge you based on their preconceptions which are based on their experiences. That is the case anywhere you go in the world. If you act like their preconceptions, then well, you just affirmed them.

And being judged as an individual isn't key to fitting into society. The nail that sticks up shall be hammered down.

Do you think white people don't judge trashy white people poorly? We hate them more than anyone.

I said some would, and some definitely would. And have. So just because you are here saying that some would, does not disprove me saying there are others who would fish for excuses to defend them if the situation were different. People are people, there will always be some who do something contrarian.

...which, while your other point about stereotypes and how they apply to majority/minority populations is generally true, also shows the weakness in mentality of a lot of modern men and women. There are always more than enough examples of people within one's own in-group exhibiting behaviors of the "other" to prove that those behaviors are not group-specific. The clever trick is that if your in-group is the majority, then generally, they will have means of burying propagation/flow of information on those sort of things as best as possible, so they create optics that can feed into perception and proliferation of societal stereotypes that can favor the majority and work against the minority.

If you want some examples of that, just ask yourself why the media keeps dragging up (false) allegations against Micheal Jackson, yet they don't talk about Elvis Presley's grooming of underage girls? You put one to the forefront of the mainstream, suppress the other, and the optics will shape themselves out. It's as old as humanity itself, and one of our weaker attributes as a species imho.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
The fact you're so quick to dismiss a comparison that most "normies" would feel is applicable shows me your own bias. If you don't think there aren't white people (mainly anti-SJWs) reacting to being called a Nazi in ways comparable you see some black people respond to the word nigger, you are lying to yourself, and/or you are staying in an incredibly small bubble/echo chamber.

maybe it was just a bad comparison

Dude, your stereotype was based, per your own admission, on anecdotal data, whereupon even your personal registration of that data might even be faulty due to the expectations coming with prejudice. You can't really take it to the aggregate level without a logical fallacy. Also, "most stereotypes are correct" (supposing that's even correct, because the data feels a bit dubious and the basis for the conclusions people usually make even more dubious) =/= "this stereotype is correct".
Problem is also that even if there's a correlation (which would require data, not learned stereotypes), it might actually correlated to another Z factor, rather than the simplification of X group is Y.

Really, I don't give a shit about your stereotypes and I'm not going to go on an outrage spree about it, but lazily leaning on "most stereotypes are based on reality" at least deserves a bit of scrutiny. Formalize your thoughts a bit better and reflect on your argument. If you realize it's bad, then it might be a good idea to either switch it out completely or modify it. There's no shame in that, it's just improving. Of course, one might also come to a conclusion that one's argument is sound or find an additional argument that supports it. But what's important is reconsidering ideas and not overly investing into an idea, unless it's something axiomatic.

That's a lot of text and it's late and I'm tired to form a cohesive response. I appreciate the effort and insight, but it ultimately comes down to that person's opinion vs another's with no ground gained and both parties thinking they're right. Goodnight dude.

It's woke because he reacted with violence to being called a racial slur, one of the ultimate offenses in this belief system.

That's not how it works. That term is used in context of actions or statements that VERY CLEARLY play into far-left identity politics, but these are usually substantiated on things relating to pop culture media that have far-left politics inserted into them.

People of all kinds have slammed other people throughout history for being called slurs or less, it's retarded to go back and try labeling all of that as "woke" because the political environment at many different points in history has been completely different to what we have today.

It's an idiotic thing to do; you can constructively criticize the employee's behavior without drawing a strawman.

White people will pummel somebody at the mention of the word "cracker"?

Have you seen the dumb shit some white people get into fights over at Denny's and Ihops? It happens.

Granted it seems people of all types get into dumb fights in those places going by the videos, over the stupidest shit no less. So yes, I'm very certain (per your question) some white people have beaten up others for calling them a cracker.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
That's not how it works. That term is used in context of actions or statements that VERY CLEARLY play into far-left identity politics, but these are usually substantiated on things relating to pop culture media that have far-left politics inserted into them.

People of all kinds have slammed other people throughout history for being called slurs or less, it's retarded to go back and try labeling all of that as "woke" because the political environment at many different points in history has been completely different to what we have today.

It's an idiotic thing to do; you can constructively criticize the employee's behavior without drawing a strawman.

I'm not saying he did it to be woke. I'm saying the woke climate that we live in makes it easier for certain people to make the mental leap from words, when those words have a racist or other discriminatory context behind them, to violence.

Why else is a guy gonna body slam a woman half his size in front of all his coworkers and cameras? You don't do that out of rage alone. He needed rage + a sense of justification. Almost like the LA riots.

Last edited:

Jenenser

Did she had it comming? Kinda

should you throw the book at him? yes, the reaction is unproportionate to the action. But i cant say i feel for her.

as somebody who worked for a fastfoodplace for some time, i kinda get it.

Did she had it comming? Kinda

should you throw the book at him? yes, the reaction is unproportionate to the action. But i cant say i feel for her.

as somebody who worked for a fastfoodplace for some time, i kinda get it.

over reaction of epic proportions

but going around thinking you can say whatever you to want to whomever you want with no repercussions is bound to get you fucked up at some point

Tesseract

Banned
over reaction of epic proportions

but going around thinking you can say whatever you to want to whomever you want with no repercussions is bound to get you fucked up at some point

it might get you fucked up, but it's the only attitude to live by

desertdroog

The word will always be OK to say, as long as people keep saying it. It will never leave the lexicon, as much as a word can over time, but to keep on saying it gives it all the power it needs.

The violent reaction will never be OK, as is evidence by his soon to be prison sentence for promoting the word via his actions. He is lucky he blind sided an older lady, some people who goad for this type of action and behavior are not as weak and are ready to 'fuck around and find out'.

A sad story for all involved.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
If this thread was on era, half the forum would be banned lol
The Era hive mind saying it's all good what he did.
The few pointing out his retaliatory actions went way too far are of course getting banned.
I swear that gaming forum is a front for Antifa.

Lokimaru

She got off Lucky with a few broken bones, a Lawsuit and Justice in court of law, When the shoes on the other foot we get a Tombstone, funeral cost and no justice at all. I guess the old saying is True after all , A is Ok, ER will land you in one.

Last edited:

FutureMD

The Era hive mind saying it's all good what he did.
The few pointing out his retaliatory actions went way too far are of course getting banned.
I swear that gaming forum is a front for Antifa.
I popped into Era just for laughs, and one of the comments said, paraphrased "getting called the n word is racist and not being able to do anything about it is mentally damaging which will take longer to heal than her bones probably". Damn, can't tell if people there are trolling or just so deluded. Likely a mix of both.

Last edited:
Apparently these guys.. they are celebrating this dude. Seriously, don't be a bigot but violence is not the answer

Spoiler'd for language

yHD2uYc.jpg

nepente and hobbes are two seriously mentally deranged retarded shitheads. jesus christ.

the fawx outrage and moronity those two idiots spout practically every minute is worthy of being studied by science. That website man ....

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
She got off Lucky with a few broken bones, a Lawsuit and Justice in court of law, When the shoes on the other foot we get a Tombstone, funeral cost and no justice at all. I guess the old saying is True after all , A is Ok, ER will land you in one.
She got off lucky because she was body slammed by someone who was larger than her, while she was by herself and the person who assaulted her had a group of people with him, also assaulting her?

also I hope you never get any kind of injury, because then you might have to learn that things like what happened to her leave lasting damage that can affect your everyday ability to function.

lol.

those guys are dangerously mentally damaged. they're saying to people they should go beat up people who say something they dont like. Its fantastic how they managed to get so many psychpats into one place. nepente and hobes are so deranged it amazing how they can breathe without automated assistance

Last edited:

highrider

Banned

Tough talk isn’t very impressive after beating up an old lady. It’s kind of pathetic.

O-N-E

This shit was recorded. It's not word of mouth, you can see it for yourself.

Pejo

Now I'm not one to give Ree any unnecessary mindspace, but I made the mistake of clicking that link above on their thread of this issue. The ABSOLUTE fucking irony behind this whole post.... There's no way that the mod that did this isn't just a troll.
n4lZREi.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Not to dogpile on you, but it would be cool if you clarify what you meant. You think she deserved more than what she got in that video for, reportedly, harassing employee(s) with the n-word and more, and possibly kicking someone on the way out of the establishment?

Not to dogpile on you, but it would be cool if you clarify what you meant. You think she deserved more than what she got in that video for, reportedly, harassing employee(s) with the n-word and more, and possibly kicking someone on the way out of the establishment?
She was probably being more harassed by the cashier during the screaming session :messenger_grinning_smiling:.

Generalize some more. No one has ever suffered as much as the black race.

FEEL IT.

not one.
Individual.
EVER.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
just watched that video. disgusting. he could have killed that lady. someone who was already being thrown out of the restaurant.

really hard to tell what is going on. but there is no need for this kind of violence. she was by herself and not intimidating him. the other way around is true. a group of people followed her outside and then one attacked her.
I guess the old saying is True after all , A is Ok, ER will land you in one.
LOL what the fuck does this mean? never heard this "old saying"?

wow u a big man laughing at an old woman being hurt. go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

s34ab

Banned
So then...why do so many people cry up a storm about it being used on them?

I don't think anybody takes offense at being called a Nazi. What they take offense about is, being called a Nazi... then having every single media outlet on the planet openly advocating violence towards them, mocking them when they are victimized, then celebrating their violent attackers.

Top Bottom