• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black The Fall releasing July 11

hotcyder

Sonic the Hedgehog
Knuckles the Echidna
Black the Fall

(Odd name aside - looks good! Getting some Inside vibes)

Tizoc

Ah so this is prob. one of the 3 games Amazon put up that are coming from S-E.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Knuckles the Echidna
Black the Fall

(Odd name aside - looks good! Getting some Inside vibes)

i DON'T See what the first two have to do with this.

CHC

Game looks pretty cool from the trailer there but honestly, a little more info in the OP might be helpful.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Game looks pretty cool from the trailer there but honestly, a little more info in the OP might be helpful.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/308060/Black_The_Fall/

After decades of toil, an old machinist plots his escape from the oppressive grasp of the Communist regime. Through hidden passages, shadow and grief, he struggles. Ingenuity, reflexes and deception are his tools. Along the road, he befriends the most unlikely creature, an abandoned little robot. Could they escape this bleak and deadly world, together?

Features
• Unravel the puzzles buried within the oppressive atmosphere of a dystopian dictatorship
• Harness the power of a stolen designator tool to manipulate both man and machine
• Befriend a lonely lost robot and earn its loyal companionship
• Take your shot at overthrowing a Communist State inspired by real world events

Two games left.

I don't think this is one of the mystery titles. The game appears to be exclusive to digital platforms (it has no region-specific subs on Steam) and Amazon Italy's key selection is as sparse as it is dated.

Liamc723

Most confusing 1st reply I've ever read.

OT, thanks for the heads up. The game looks really cool. I'll keep an eye on it (hopefully it reviews decently)

Edit:

Great reading. You definitively sold me the game. Glad to see is available on xbox one as well

Glad to hear it, thanks!

First time hearing about this game, whew. Thanks for sharing, sounds great. But why aren't there more reviews out there?

Also, there are some user reviews on its Steam page, it seems like it had an early access build in.. 2014?

The game was Kickstarted in 2014 so I assume those reviews are based on an early build they got from funding that. However I've looked back at footage from that build and it looks nothing like the final version.

ObvItsAmy

Square Enix Community Manager
First time hearing about this game, whew. Thanks for sharing, sounds great. But why aren't there more reviews out there?

Also, there are some user reviews on its Steam page, it seems like it had an early access build in.. 2014?
Hello! I am a CM for Collective :)

The game went into Early Access on Steam for a short period of time before we picked it up for publishing, during this time a few people left some reviews.

Launch is tomorrow so definitely check back for reviews on the final game :D

hawk2025

It's official:

I like this better than Inside. :O

Fantastic puzzles.

I cannot believe this game is flying so far under the radar.

Liamc723

It's official:

I like this better than Inside. :O

Fantastic puzzles.

I cannot believe this game is flying so far under the radar.

This is nice to hear.

I loved the game when I played it for review, and earlier today I mopped up all the trophies for the platinum.

Great game, hopefully more people hear about it.

basefree

I played a demo of this at EGX a couple years ago and I was really impressed back then. I can't wait to see what the full game is like!

Haven't played a huge amount, but am liking what I've played so far. Definitely compares favorably to Inside, has the same mysterious approach to the world and story. The only issue is jumping is a little inexact. There is one point early on where
you are in a foundry and you have to make a jump to an overhead pipe while moving and I kept missing it even though it looked like I should have caught it.

andreea.black

Neo Member
Hey guys! I'm Andreea, one of the devs and I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for all your nice words. We are super happy that you enjoyed playing it! I wanted to reply for a few months now but it's just today that my NeoGAF account got approved ^_^.
For those of you who got the game on Steam, it would help us tremendously if you'd leave a us a Steam review or recommend it as a Steam curator. This would help more Steam users discover the game.

Thanks so much again for all your support!

ehead

Hey guys! I'm Andreea, one of the devs and I wanted to thank you for your feedback and for all your nice words. We are super happy that you enjoyed playing it! I wanted to reply for a few months now but it's just today that my NeoGAF account got approved ^_^.
For those of you who got the game on Steam, it would help us tremendously if you'd leave a us a Steam review or recommend it as a Steam curator. This would help more Steam users discover the game.

Thanks so much again for all your support!

Hi! Welcome to Gaf. Nice to see actual devs posting here. Also, this might sound obnoxious, but what are there chances of getting a Switch port? I saw a review of this a few months back, and I liked what I saw. I just am having a hard time playing on my PC at the moment, and having it on the go would be godsend. Otherwise, I'll have to deal with my shitty laptop. :D

To the mods, if this is considered portbegging, please don't ban me, I'll change it.

SirNinja

Thought we were actually getting a sequel to Black for a second...

This looks great too though. Kind of a more more action-packed Limbo/Inside.

Top Bottom